This Comp has now closed! And the winner was ... Semengo13! Many congratulations to him.
His winning caption was:
"It's all very well you smiling mate, but her indoors hasn't given permission to wear it. Look, if you're copped, just put on an Australian accent"
A Cracker of a Christmas Caption Competition! And A Very Special Phil-aletic Comp At That!
Now here's a testing competition for once! Below you'll see a photograph of a PJMer and staunch supporter of our campaign - maybe even two supporters, who knows! There is no prize for naming the Fusilier in the piccie - we don't want to promulgate Phil Cogan's name, do we.
- Nor for naming that stunning Fight4thePJM Lapel Pin that Phil (the 'Phil' facing the camera - not the other one) is wearing on his right lapel.
- Nor for identifying Phil's Kenya or GS Medals.
- Nor indeed, for spotting the Pingat Jasa Malaysia. That is just a mirage stuck on the end of his medal bar, natch.
- No! The competition is for the most appropriate Caption for this photograph. What do you think one Phil is saying to the other Phil as he spots the PJM?
The special prize for this special competition will be ... dada da da ... a set of four Malaya-Borneo 40th Anniversary First Day Covers individually signed - and a very special one posted on Christmas Day - and signed personally by the Fight4thePJM Joint Patron Bill Speakman VC!
And the ever special God's Little Acre ... postmarked 25 DEC 2005 and signed by our very own Fight4thePJM Joint Patron Bill Speakman VC:
To win this special and very high value prize, all you need do is send us your Caption. The only criteria are:
- Relevance - to our campaign!
- Rudeness - nothing derogatory about anyone!
- Robustness - no flaffing around, we want you to say it as you see it!
and in the case of a draw, a fourth 'R', we'll look at
- Repetition - No Philibustering! Unlike the HD Committee, we want to make an early decision!
Go To Top