Image of the PJM Medal
Banner Text = Fight For the Right to Wear the Pingat Jasa Malaysia Medal
Reply to topic Page 2 of 2
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Visit to Malaysia- Merdeka Day
PH REDD,Smudger's sayin nowt mate I know where my stache of Tiger is and I'm not telling you! Laughing

Just for old times sake I might just force my self to down a few Tigers and toast you one and all.
After the "formal" part in KL I'm off to Kuantan and of course out of respect for my old mates I will pop into the old Nang Yang bar (if it is still there and I can find it, mind you I had no trouble finding it 43 years ago) and once again get to grips with a Tiger.

The things us Veterans do for our old mates; it's tough at the front but someone's got to do it, hic.

Post Tigers at Kuantan. 
Paul.

You have brought back one of those memories from the sludge which now makes up most of my brain. I spent some time in late 57 slopping about on the coastal fringe some way north of Kuantan (leeches in abundance.) One of our F4 site mates, known as Jodakist, recently sent me some piccies (of about the time you were there) which showed that some 6or7 years after me K-tan was becoming some kind of rest-or-holiday centre. In my day it was just a place where water bowsers were filled up to supply a tented base camp to the north, including a ferry crossing a river. After my stint I spent maybe two nights in the "town?" awaiting transport. Decent food was my priority but the Nang Yang Bar strikes a poignant chord. Certainly Tiger was taken, and maybe some were "parked." When you visit just ask if the barmaid's granny (who will be in the back somewhere) remembers me......a bit short-arsed but beautifully formed. You might get a freebie.

MB.

Reply to topic Page 2 of 2
Goto page Previous  1, 2