Image of the PJM Medal
Banner Text = Fight For the Right to Wear the Pingat Jasa Malaysia Medal
Reply to topic Page 2 of 2
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Zap 'em on Veterans Day
The Galah is one of the most widespread of Australia's parrots, being found in all states. It is only absent from the most arid country and from the tip of Cape York. It prefers open grasslands and woodland, is a common species in the cities and towns, and has adapted well to farmed land. The species is gregarious, often forming flocks of several hundreds, although when foraging for food these large flocks will often split into small groups, coming together again at the evening roost site. Feeding is often done on the ground and their food in the wild is dominantly seed, nuts and fruit, and they can cause major damage to cultivated grain crops. For this reason the bird is regarded as a pest species in many parts of its range, and licensed culling is permitted in certain states.

Post Re: Hyperlinks 
hamishw wrote:
Does anyone have the ministers & HD commmittee emails published as hyperlinks so that it is easy to zap them all?

I'll check it out, Hamish. We have a good number I think, but are a tad short on HD email addresses.

I believe only Brennans email address is available on the HD side, I could be wrong but that is my understanding

Post Re: ZAP EM 
ro5=6372 wrote:
HI ICENI, AM SURE YOUR A REAL BONZA SHELIA! BUT WOT THE KIN L IS A GALAH?

Thanks for your question. Sheilas (note spelling) are female.

Here's an answer to your question.

galah
from Yuwaalaraay
This word originated in Australia

In Australia, to be told that you've made a galah of yourself is not a compliment. And you wouldn't want to belong to a pack of galahs. But there's nothing wrong with taking part in a galah session, if you have the time.

It all goes back to a bird called a galah by the Yuwaalaraay people, a name learned by English speakers as long ago as 1862. The bird is found almost everywhere in Australia. It is a cockatoo with a pink breast and a gray back, used for food in earlier times and known for gathering in large flocks and calling raucously to one another. It seems foolish and talkative. From those habits came the twentieth-century application of galah to humans and their activities. A galah, as explained by the Australian National Dictionary Centre, is a fool, as in this statement from 1960: "The bloke on the other end of the line is only some useless galah tryin' to sell a new brand of dip."

A galah session, on the other hand, is just a gabfest. It has specific application to an hour allotted for women isolated in the outback to talk with each other over a radio network, but it also can mean any long chat.

The Yuwaalaraay lived in the east of Australia, in northern New South Wales. Their language, one of about two hundred in the Australian language family, is apparently no longer spoken. One other word of Yuwaalaraay is coolibah (1893), a type of eucalyptus whose name is notable in English because it is in the first stanza of "Waltzing Matilda."

So now you know.

Post Re: ZAP EM 
ro5=6372 wrote:
HI ICENI, AM SURE YOUR A REAL BONZA SHELIA! BUT WOT THE KIN L IS A GALAH?

G'day Sport,

A Sheila, (note spelling), is a female. I'm not a Sheila, I'm a bloke.

Now for your question.

galah
from Yuwaalaraay
This word originated in Australia

In Australia, to be told that you've made a galah of yourself is not a compliment. And you wouldn't want to belong to a pack of galahs. But there's nothing wrong with taking part in a galah session, if you have the time.

It all goes back to a bird called a galah by the Yuwaalaraay people, a name learned by English speakers as long ago as 1862. The bird is found almost everywhere in Australia. It is a cockatoo with a pink breast and a gray back, used for food in earlier times and known for gathering in large flocks and calling raucously to one another. It seems foolish and talkative. From those habits came the twentieth-century application of galah to humans and their activities. A galah, as explained by the Australian National Dictionary Centre, is a fool, as in this statement from 1960: "The bloke on the other end of the line is only some useless galah tryin' to sell a new brand of dip."

A galah session, on the other hand, is just a gabfest. It has specific application to an hour allotted for women isolated in the outback to talk with each other over a radio network, but it also can mean any long chat.

The Yuwaalaraay lived in the east of Australia, in northern New South Wales. Their language, one of about two hundred in the Australian language family, is apparently no longer spoken. One other word of Yuwaalaraay is coolibah (1893), a type of eucalyptus whose name is notable in English because it is in the first stanza of "Waltzing Matilda."

So now you know.

Post A RIGHT GALAH 
Embarassed HI ICENI,OOOPS SORRY BRUCE,MUST BE TOO MANY LAFFIN TUBES OF SWAN LAGER,REGARDS TO ALL THE GIRLS,HMS EAGLE SHIPS COMPANY DANCE 14 FEB 1968 @ POGODA BALLROOM PERTH W.A. 5000 girls 750 MATELOTS,VICKY ANN ,YOU WERE A VERY NAUGHTY GIRL!

We have but a few days left to Zap the unelected ones in Whitehall (and elected ones come to that) on June 27th Vets Day, THEY might not have anything in the melting pot to celebrate Vets Day for us but let us not let them forget us totally.

What are we planning, ideas please and quickly.............

Here is my reply to a few 'local' East Anglian Newspapers

Sirs

Does anyone know what is being organised in the Eastern Counties for Veterans Day on Tuesday 27th June 2006. The Rt. Hon. Mr Gordon Brown MP announced this annual day for Veterans a few months back and I am wondering what event to attend and where?

John Cooper
RAF Malaya Veteran 1958
http://www.fight4thepjm.org/index.htm

Name and address supplied

Here is a list of useful addresses http://www.ccguide.org.uk/e_press.html#local

I have just sent 40 emails to the Media, come on all of you do the same, 35,000 Veterans need your help if they are to have justice.
This is what I sent. you can paste & copy if you want. It's not what you write but how many write in thats important.
Don't forget to add your name and address.

Tomorrow 27th June is Veterans Day, a day to say thank you to all British Servicemen & Women who have defended this country.

Tomorrow 27th June our Prime Minister and various Ministers will go in front of the media & pontificate on how much they appreciate the Veterans and will want themselves photographed/filmed giving out Medals, Badges & shaking hands with people who have served this Country. But there is one Medal that they will not be giving out and that is the Medal that the King & People of Malaysia have awarded 35,000 British Veterans.

The Pingat Jasa Malaysia (PJM) is a Commonwealth Medal awarded to ALL Commonwealth Forces that defended Malaysia from Aug 1957 to 1966.
The UK is the only Commonwealth Country that will not allow their Veterans now in their 60s & 70s to wear this Medal. Why Not.

I ask you on behalf of 35,000 British Citizens who do not have a voice to ask any member of this Government WHY. Why are we the only Commonwealth Country that will not allow its Veterans to wear the PJM on Remembrance Day?

Reply to topic Page 2 of 2
Goto page Previous  1, 2