Image of the PJM Medal
Banner Text = Fight For the Right to Wear the Pingat Jasa Malaysia Medal
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
The Rebuttal has been Updated
Post The Rebuttal has been Updated 
We have submitted a fundamental Update of the Rebuttal that incorporates what we have uncovered since we submitted the original Rebuttal in June.

Here is the explanatory Covering Letter:

http://www.fight4thepjm.org/Rebuttal_Update/Coverletter_Update_Text_Only.doc

In our Rebuttal we had said that the PJM recommendation was based on myth and folklore - engineered by a few civil servants in order to deny us the right to wear the PJM.

As you will see from the above explanation, we were right. We now believe that our medal was rejected under the wrong set of rules and that some of the provisions were applied retrospectively.

You can read the Update on the Rebuttal Page at http://www.fight4thepjm.org/whatwesay_rebuttal.htm. It contains some astonishing new issues - ones that we think will make every PJMer very mad indeed.

That is one hell of an argument you put up there, only a Hitler could reject this (yes we know they are still about!) rebuttal and update. Just so pleased that we are on the same side, the same side that we once fought those aggressors on all those years ago who would have thought that we would have to take on our own kind after all these years.

This 5 Year MYTH Rule and Double Medalling is difficult to comprehend to the layman, I find it unbelievable that 8 people can decide the fate of a foreign medal without recourse and performed under The Queens Royal Prerogative where files go missing, Freedom of Information Class Restrictions come into force where everything appertaining to the decision by Her Majesty is to be kept under wraps.

Where the FCO in Malaysia has overridden the Queens No Wear Rule but when challenged by numerous Vets have their letters totally ignored. Where SPIN and Deceit becomes the norm from most Civil Servants to support THEIR cause (yes what about our cause, rights and laws that we should have redress to), where some of us have been informed not to discuss the PJM issue with some Government Departments, that is democracy for you!

Anyway the first round is in the breech, the safety catch is off, the sights have been zeroed, we are about to take aim, watch this space! Wink

The evidence is stacking against HMG but not all of it appears on these webpages for obvious reasons. Our main aim is to win the battle on overturning an archaic ruling on the NOT TO WEAR THE PJM issue, we were expecting an announcement a couple of weeks ago regarding the rebuttal but you know how the wheels of officialdom grind, ever so S L O W L Y, we can wait but in the meantime anyone that has the will to email their MP on this issue please do so. We need your support and a majority of MPs from Parliament to support our cause. If you haven't done so please spend 5 minutes of your time in tapping out an email to them.

We need your support and a majority of MPs from Parliament to support our cause. If you haven't done so please spend 5 minutes of your time in tapping out an email to them.

I'll second that.

Post Re: New evidence to prove MOD of more lies. 
George F wrote:
The MOD have been caught out once again as " Liars Liars their pants are on fire"

And I'll second that, too.

Post Re: The Rebuttal has been Updated 
[quote="George F"]

New evidence enclosed to prove The suits were at more deception here when they issued in (January 2006) 'Awards that may be worn' 2006DIN10-002 dated Jan 06 http://www.arrse.co.uk/cpgn2/Forums/viewtopic/t=35737.html/quote]

This URL wouldn't load just now? Too many vets checking out the facts for themselves?

Post Charles Coder - RAF 
An fine article in the August edition of "Fly Past" (a UK aircraft magazine), on Charles Corder, RAF . A war time Nav/Wireless Operator.

He was awarded a Conspicuous Gallantry Medal (second only to the VC), 1939-45 Star, Aircrew Europe Star (France and Germany Bar), Africa Star, Defence Medal. War Medal, Croix de Guerre (Avec Palme), and Malta Cross Fiftieth Annniversary Cross.

A fine photo of his group is on page 20 of the magazine.

Post Re: The Rebuttal has been Updated 
George F wrote:

21. On leaving the Service personnel cease to be bound by these instructions but they are expected to conform to the general instructions published in the London Gazette and in particular not to add any order, decoration, medal or emblem to which they are not verifiably entitled or which has not been approved for acceptance and wear. The wearing of unauthorised awards is a grave discourtesy to Her Majesty The Queen.

George,

It is clear that the official 2006DIN10-002 dated Jan 06 is up the wall - because the civil servants keep trying to tell us that it's OK to wear the PJM - if you must. We are told it's OK because the wearing of medals by civilians is not policed!

Who's right ... the official DIN or the civil servants who tell us otherwise?

And how exactly does this square up with the Deputy High Commissioner's (Kuala Lumpur) statement that it's OK to wear the medal?

Signed:

Confused of Berks.

Post Re: Enigma machine needed. 
George F wrote:
Barry, maybe that paragraph 21 is written in a special Civil service code, and we need an Enigma machine to de-code it so veterans can understand it.

George F

........or how Civil Servants can crack the code........... Razz

My father in law (now deceaced) was a WW2 vet and there is a photograph of him wearing the Africa Star AND the Malta 50th Anniverary medal at an "Official" function. I have seen this photo personaly.
Whilst I do not have immmediate access to this photo, I can get hold of it. Is this any use?

Bob

Post Re: Charles Coder - RAF 
George F wrote:

We need the photograph John as evidence he is wearing the Malta Cross Fiftieth Annniversary Cross along with his other medals. Can you not scan it in for us?

Here it is.

Post Re: Enigma machine needed. 
[quote="George F"][quote="John Cooper"]
George F wrote:
Barry, maybe that paragraph 21 is written in a special Civil service code, and we need an Enigma machine to de-code it so veterans can understand it.

George F

Ah ha!

So now we know why one of the Enigma Machines was restarted at Bletchley Park, the other day.

Last edited by John Feltham on Mon Sep 11, 2006 1:05 pm; edited 1 time in total

I will take care of it this weekend.

Bob

Barry, your hard work in compiling the update to the rebuttal has produced an epic tome which I believe will be very hard for any tin pot uncivil servant or politician to better without recourse to lies and deceit (what am I saying, we all know how honest they all are?).

I am proud to be associated with this forum and never have I been involved in a more worthwhile cause than this.

Sincerely

John

Reply to topic Page 1 of 1