Image of the PJM Medal
Banner Text = Fight For the Right to Wear the Pingat Jasa Malaysia Medal
Reply to topic Page 5 of 17
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 15, 16, 17  Next
The Queen Gives Approval for Foreign Awards to be Worn
Well done John.Let us see if the elected members of parliament can put these "quangos" in their place.

Rgds Ray

Post London Gazette 
To our magnificent Commitee.

"The darkest hour is just before dawn" and so it has come to pass. When good men do something nothing is impossible.

Thank you all and all supporters of this fight whoever, and wherever you are for the unrelenting determination to suceed against all the odds. I know this isn't over yet but had to add my thanks for the countless hours of work behind the scenes.

If only "certain people" had the moral fibre to admit it, here is a lesson to be learned. Wink Wink Wink

With the greatest respect.

John

Kuching.
This is excellent news. Well done to those who were involved in the uncovering of this LG entry.

Let's see how the "suits" wriggle out of this one.

I wonder in 30 years time, well that will be January 1st 2038, what the National Archives will say the HD Committee considered regarding the PJM Review, oh for a glimpse into the future!

When did they 'decide' on our plight, what considerations did they give? Did they consult the Queen? Did The Queen actually get to see any of our mail or did someone 'close' to The Queen usurp all those letters and petition to avoid any embarrassment to her.

I'll bet Ms Beckett wasn't even aware of the Campaign, oh, to have that foresight!
Rolling Eyes

I wonder in 30 years time, well that will be January 1st 2038, what the National Archives will say the HD Committee considered regarding the PJM Review, oh for a glimpse into the future!

When did they 'decide' on our plight, what considerations did they give? Did they consult the Queen? Did The Queen actually get to see any of our mail or did someone 'close' to The Queen usurp all those letters and petition to avoid any embarrassment to her.

I'll bet Ms Beckett wasn't even aware of the Campaign, oh, to have that foresight!
Rolling Eyes

Hello from Canada
Yes, we should be cautious about the [i]find, but nevertheless can shout about it a bit. As you all know, I have been at the suits and frocks here in Canada who are following the UK in this ban on the PJM, and not Australia and New Zealand. I have yet to receive a reply to yet another letter sent to our Honours and Awards Committee (sound familiar?), but if do get another negative response, I shall fire a salvo or two at them with the new finding by our wonderful committee back there in the UK. I do have dual nationality, so, as a UK citizen, I shall wear the PJM with pride with my two other GSMs. I'll keep you posted about our situation.
We here, in the Vancouver area of Canada, will be recieving our GSMs at the Malaysian Consulate in Vancouver. They always invite us all every year to the Aug 31st celebration, and make a reference to us in the 'NMBVA Canada' about the part played in their past 'troubles' when welcoming all the other Consulate Officials. I'll be in KL this year, of course, so I will miss it, but the show over there should be magnificent.
[/u]

This BIG hole that the Civil Servants have dug for themselves is getting deeper and deeper where it is now at the point that there is no escape for them at all. I cannot believe how inept these people are, there are so many gaffes that Yes Minister II could have chapter after chapter written about them.

Rolling Eyes

John...you are correct...it seems that Sir Humphrey Appleby is alive and well and fouling things up in no uncertain terms...

I recall seeing (Sir) Brian Rix in a Whitehall Farce at I think was The Whitehall Theatre many years ago, I seem to recall he (BR) wore many hats, I wonder if the same crew have ever trodden the boards as they certainly seem to be treading on water.

I think we ought to get a letter off to Sir Gus O'Donnell before taking this to the next level of our campaign, surely he can't allow ths farcical situation to continue like this for much longer.

The question that I would like an answer to, is WHY? . Why did those few civil servants and the HD Committee go to the lengths that they did to deny the Malay/Borneo veterans the right to wear the Pingat Jasa Malaysia was it for financial gain, I doubt it, to further there own careers, or just bloody mindlessness, what ever there reasons are they are all guilty of insulting and tarnishing the name of the Queen.

Valentine wrote;
The question that I would like an answer to, is WHY? . Why did those few civil servants and the HD Committee go to the lengths that they did to deny the Malay/Borneo veterans the right to wear the Pingat Jasa Malaysia was it for financial gain, I doubt it, to further there own careers, or just bloody mindlessness,

.....Difficult to pinpoint Valentine, exactly what their motivations were and are....one thing I know for sure is that their credibility, morality and honour have much in common with the lost continent of Atlantis...in that they are no longer apparent on any map.

Peter Bottomley is also raising the issue in the House
John

first reply

Dear Mr Ireland,
I am writing on behalf of Peter Bottomley MP to thank you for your recent email.
He would be happy to write to the Ministry of Defence on your behalf but it would good to have your full address for our records.
Mr Bottomley is most sympathetic to the concerns you have raised and will certainly do what he can to help.

Kind regards,

Jo Gardner

Political Secretary

and the next

Glad to hear that Mr Ancram is being so supportive. We will also do our bit.
As soon as Mr Bottomley has any news, we will be in touch again.
In the meantime, thank you for your prompt response.

Kind regards,

Jo Gardner

Post ITS THAT MAN AGAIN! 
I remember a suggestion that we write to MoD at Northumberland Avenu so I did
re LG 030568 (5057).

Guess who signed the reply!

Last edited by GLOman on Mon Mar 26, 2007 6:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post ITS THAT MAN AGAIN 
Rolling Eyes "To determine its true meaning and any impact it may have on the wearing
of foreign award by British citizens and in particular, the PJM" (YOU BET).

Someone said recently in a post that they would try to disassociate the PJM from HMQ's
"gracious approval"

THE IMPACT IT SHOULD HAVE IS THAT PHONEYDICK AND HIS OPPO'S HAVE BEEN WAFFLIN A LOAD OF BULL ,THAT IS TRUE,I AWAIT A REHASH UNDER THE RULES OF ABC SYNDROME,I EXPECT SOMETHING LIKE ,ITS THE QUEEN TELLING A PORKIE,WEWUZ RIGHT ALL ALONG ,AND JUST LIKE MY LETTERS DON'T BELIEVE WOT YOU SEE IN THE PAPERS. Shocked

GLOman wrote;
"To determine its true meaning and any impact it may have on the wearing
of foreign award by British citizens and in particular, the PJM" (YOU BET).

My countryman, Sir Walter Scott, the Scottish Novelist, Poet, Historian and Biographer, 1771-1832 said it very well I think....

'Oh what a tangled web we weave, When first we practice to deceive'

Reply to topic Page 5 of 17
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 15, 16, 17  Next