Image of the PJM Medal
Banner Text = Fight For the Right to Wear the Pingat Jasa Malaysia Medal
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
Crewe & Nantwich Members
Post Crewe & Nantwich Members 
“We at fight4thepjm are non-political but we have received a request from Mike Nattriss of UKIP who is standing in the Bye-Election at Crewe & Nantwich; he supports the wearing of the PJM and would like to speak to Veterans in the area. If you would like to speak to Mike he can be contacted at ukipmep@hotmail.co.uk"
We will of course place the contact details of any other candidates should they request it.”

So go on and speak to the candidates and asked them will they support the Veterans?

Last edited by Paul Alders on Fri May 09, 2008 10:04 am; edited 1 time in total
Paul, that's a very good arena to test the water with the political parties and yes, we are apolitical here so surely that would mean that you vote for the most PJM friendly party irrespective of their leanings.

John

Being apolitical, I have to say that choosing a party that is PJM friendly is going to be somewhat difficult.

The major opposition party has stated, in writing, that they would review the system of awards, and that the PJM would be reviewed as part of that review (eh?). There was never a guarantee, as I read it, that the PJM would automatically be changed to "permission to formally wear" status. The remark made in another forum, that subsequent to a general election the politicians may represent a different party, does not guarantee that they, too, will not become prisoners of the Civil Servants, is very pertinent!

My personal dilema, is that my MP has been a staunch supporter of our campaign for some time now, since, or perhaps even before I first joined F4 in Dec 2006. She is of the party that currently forms the present government. The question is therefore do I loyally support my MP as she has loyally supported us; or sacrifice her in order to expel the triumvirate (but not triumphant band) of scots from the government front bench?

I mean no offence to my Scots comrades, who, if I read the situation correctly, would rather that we kept them down here!

David

We have many MP’s from different political affiliations that support our campaign and F4 neither supports one party or the other but personally we all have our preferences.
Now my MP just happens to be Labour and has he is my MP it is he that I lobbied for his support. If he had been Blue instead of Red or even Orange or Green I would still have lobbied him/her for support. As it is I cannot fault Geoffrey Robinson MP for the time and effort that he and is staff have put in on our behalf.
Now at this Bye-Election we have a chance to bring the PJM issue into the public highlight, let’s do it.
Now I know that tax and petrol prices will be a major issue but if you get the chance to put a question to any of the candidate’s, do so. Ask them will they support the wearing of the PJM? It will make a change from some of the questions they are getting and will have rehearsed their answers.

Find their contact details and write or email them.

The ideal would be to put our own independant candidate up and all support him/her on a single issue ticket such as supporting the Armed Forces!

John

The ideal would be to put our own independant candidate up and all support him/her on a single issue ticket such as supporting the Armed Forces!

John

Good idea John.
I would suggest with the greatest of respect that we drop this attitude of supporting a politician who is seeking a constitutional post just because he or she says they support us in our campaign.
Interest in a bye-election is for the individual or political parties but not the F4 group.
Remember the labour party maifesto said they would give us a referendum on the Lisbon treaty (at that time the Constitution) and look where that got us.
Go with your conscience and may your God guide you, because politicians will not.

Yes David, this is one Jock who wants Brown, Browne, Alexander, Darling etc. kept down there out of our way.

Post Bye-Election Candidates 
This section seems to have lost its thread; it was set up so that members could contact candidates at the Crewe & Nantwich Bye-Election. The UKIP Candidate has asked us to be contacted by our members so do so also contact other candidates and ask them “if elected will they support us so that we can wear the PJM”
Thank you

Reply to topic Page 1 of 1