Banner Text = Fight For the Right to Wear the Pingat Jasa Malaysia Medal
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
Request for info about Terendak Garrison, Malacca
Post Request for info about Terendak Garrison, Malacca 
I have received this message from Robin Sanders:

From Page=memories_terendak.htm
Name=Robin Sanders

Subject=Terendak Garrison

Message=I served in the Regimental Office of 26 Field Regt RA during 1959/60 together with the 101 Field Battery RAA. I am planning to re-visit Terendak Garrison during Jan 09 and would very much appreciate a copy of a map or layout of Solmari Lines and its relationship within the garrison - or even some photographs.

- - - - -

Can anyone help. If so, please send a PM to me advising me whether you want your email addy sent to Robin.

Thanks,

Barry

Post And no sooner had I written that ... 
... when I remembered I had this:

This image is not my own. I found it in my archives but without copyright attribution. As soon as I remember where I sourced it, I will make a copyright statement because I'm very touchy about the niceties.

Anyway, I hope it helps. You can see the Artillery Regiment lines clearly marked.

Does anyone else have any maps or piccies of Terendak?

Barry

I do not have any photos or maps however we re-visited in July 1995 having attended a wedding in KL we travelled with a driver in a private minibus and had to persuade the Main Guardroom (ITS STILL THE SAME POSITION) that we were bonofide ex Scots Guards having served there from 64 -67 and simply wished to revisit. They were not able to let us approach further than the main circle road so only could see at a distance and identify what was the 1st Bn SG lines the 3RAR and the 1st RNZR lines,

We could not get in to the area of the Churches or the Commonwealth Swimming pool or the St Andrews club or shopping Mall,perhaps you might consider an approach prior to your visit to have some person guide you round.

You most certainly would see some difference than before, as it is now all very mature when it was all new for us way back then

Good Luck on your visit.

Cameron

Reply to topic Page 1 of 1