Image of the PJM Medal
Banner Text = Fight For the Right to Wear the Pingat Jasa Malaysia Medal
Reply to topic Page 2 of 2
Goto page Previous  1, 2
The Fight Continues Unabated!
Just want to thank the men in Oz who are suppporting us even though they don't have to. John Feltham, Hamish Waters (fantastic stalwarts) and Tom Vincent as well as the thousands whose names I do not have.

It's bloody humbling from where I'm sitting and it throws into stark contrast the mean-spiritedness of the suits who are driving the integrity and honour of this decaying country to unbelievable depths.

The Queen would have a fit if she knew how many men and women, especially loyal ex-servicemen and women, have lost or were losing faith in our Monarchy and 'Democracy' as a direct result of the actions and words, and lies and deceit, of a few despicable civil servants in relation to the simple matter of allowing some old farts, all civvies, to wear an honourable medal on their jackets when remembering their lost comrades.

Kev

These people can't sleep at night, in fact we won't let them sleep at night, because everytime they retire to bed or arise the PJM issue is on their Supper and Breakfast Table plus of course when they arrive at work and then sit among themselves nervously twiddling their thumbs wondering how much deeper to dig the hole they have dug for themselves.

Sir Humphrey where art thou............

Post Thanks Tom. 
Heartfelt thanks to Major Tom and our Australian Band of Brothers for their efforts and support of our campaign for the lawful right to wear the Pingat Jasa Malaysia. I note he uses the words ‘petty’ and ‘stupid’ which adequately describes the attitude of the British establishment where the lunatics are running the asylum. Barefaced lies and prevarication are thrown at us almost daily from a group who do so with impunity whilst calling themselves crown and public servants who are required to maintain high standards of fairness, impartiality and integrity.
Even the wording of the rules on the acceptance and wear of foreign awards are altered to make them fit in with their decision that the PJM cannot be worn. In doing so they have the impudence to suggest to us that if we wear the PJM we will be discourteous to the Queen, yet their lies and obfuscation, whilst hiding behind the sovereign, are more than a discourtesy. By supplying flawed advice to the Sovereign and condoning it they have been discourteous in such a way that it is, in my opinion, verging on treason.
They have insulted us; they have tried to bully us; and they have refused to correspond with some of us (most of the F4 committee have been sent to Coventry by them) but we have failed to accept their twisted reasoning and elitist bullying and will continue to fight for an honourable wearing of this honourable award.
When the Sovereign of our country gives royal assent to a recommendation from a secret quango of elitist civil servants which places restrictions upon the private lives of her subjects surely the said citizens have the God given right to be told who are restricted from wearing the PJM. Not so in the case of the PJM. Just take the two recent decisions on this very same subject.
Nepalese citizens (Gurkhas) we are told, are not permitted to wear the PJM because they served in the British army under British military law. The Brigade of Gurkhas – Conditions of Service apparently clearly state that Gurkhas remain Nepalese citizens throughout their service.
A Malaysian citizen who served in the British army under British military law, is entitled to wear the PJM by fact of his becoming a Malaysian citizen on Malaysia’s Independence in 1957, at a time when he was still serving in the British army.
This, of course, leads to many permutations about who is entitled to wear the PJM under the British rules and perhaps Major General Philip Michael Jeffery AV, CVO. MC, the ex-Governor General of Australia, who served in the British Army when he was attached to the 22 Special Air Service in Borneo should check that the British Raj does not include him in those who are not permitted to wear the PJM in the UK.
You couldn’t really make it up.

Well said, Andy. May yer flask be aye foo and yer line aye ticht. The Mandarins are heading for a grand come-uppance and I'll certainly drink tae that with you one day soon.

My firm friend a Brit ,who after leaving the Malaysian Police was shortly afterwards commissioned in the Australian Army ,where on he was posted to Viet Nam. With his jungle ops background he was seconded to the American Special Forces, leading a strike force of Americans behind the VC lines. After Viet Nam he passed the A SAS selection, and served with the A SAS until ended his army service. Both of us were awarded the PJM for our service in the Malaysian Police Force. My friend,who still lives in Australia just can't take it in, that although he was under British admin and not Australian when he qualified , he is allowed to wear his PJM, but because of some bureaucratic bone heads , I'm not.

Many thanks to Tom for his support.

Roy.
Malay/sian Police Force.

Post Re: Thanks Tom. 
mcdangle wrote:
You couldn’t really make it up.

And that is the problem.

They have and they did.

Mongrels - Sorry for that bit of Aussie lingo.

Post PJM and now the Aust govt has done a similar thing 
I have been making efforts to have all Australian Corps and Regimental associations make a protest to the British High Commision in Australia about the way the MOD is treating our comrades and veterans in the British forces by preventing them from wearing the PJM.

I spoke to soon it seems, although we can wear the PJM, our govt, after 50 years from the end of the British Nuclear Tests in Australia, has now issued a "medallion" to me and the 20000 others who served in units where those tests were held. The Oxford dictionary defines a medallion as a"large medal" but the medallion they issued is the size of a medal, has no pin, cannot be worn, and their reply to me is that it was not intended to be worn, just to be displayed. How can I display the medallion I asked, except by just putting it away in a drawer and look at it sometimes, they could not answer that so I have had a pin soldered on to mine, and on those occasions I wear my 9 service medals over my heart I will pin the "Medallion" on my right breast and wear it with pride to display that I was there for the nuclear tests in the late 50s. I understand the Brit govt has not done the same thing but all Australian veterans of the nuclear tests have now been given a "white card" by the Dept of Veterans Affairs giving them entitlement to full medical coverage for any type of cancers, plus of course the medallion to "display"
Keep up the fight for the PJM - and from what I have said above somebody in our Veterans Affairs dept must have taken a leaf out of your MOD book about medals that cant be worn - perhaps they think you will put your PJM in a drawer to display it as well

Post Treason 
McDangle is right, only it does not verge on treason - it is treason.

Haven't the civil serpents removed most of the treason laws, well, the ones that affect them anyway. It certainly wouldn't do for a civil serpent to be found guilty of treason - the police might delve a little deeper, and who knows what can of worms would be opened.

I was just wondering what preceding monarchs would have made of this debacle. I seem to recall from my late father and uncle, that if a medal was conferred, not only did you receive it, you damned well wore it as well. Double medalling was an accepted thing, ergo, both Korean Medals, Victory Medal and Defence medal, worn by both of them, and from the first world war, Pip, Squeek and Wilfred, triple medalling. Those my grandfather wore.

As Rememberence day, looms ever closer, our thoughts return once more, to those we knew who never came home. Also to those we knew who were killed, not on active service, but in training. Which makes the wearing of our PJM the more poignant.

Yours Aye

Arthur R-S

Some time ago I wrote to the British High Commission in Canberra protesting about the way the civil servants in London were saying that British veterans awarded the PJM could not wear the medal. I also contacted every Corps, Regimental and Unit Association for whom I could find a website, gave them a copy of the email I had sent to the BHC, and urged them to send a similar message. Later I contacted some RAN and RAAF Associations, as many of their members would also have been issued and be wearing the PJM for their service in Malaya as well. I asked each of them that when they had sent off their message to the BHC would they include the fight4thepjm group as an info address.

Now I am wondering, did any of them do as I asked them, and did they send you an info copy of their message, it has me wondering because some sites of the various associations have noted that they protested to BHC, and some made no mention.

Lord [Don] Touhig has raised a question again on our behalf, I'm sure you all know by now how to respond Shocked

http://www.theyworkforyou.com/wrans/?id=2010-10-25a.219.6&s=pingat+jasa+malaysia#g219.8

In the "Armed Forces" section fo the "ElectricScotland" forum I started a topic on the PJM.

To date it has had a 1043 hits, so the information is receiving extra coverage worldwide, including the US and Canada.

It's the best I can contribute from "Downunder", but as the old saying goes..every little item of publicity helps.

Keep up the Good Fight !!!

To view the ElectricScotland thread just go the link below.

http://www.electricscotland.org/showthread.php/471-Fight-for-the-Right-to-Wear-the-Pingat-Jasa-Malaysia-(Malaysian-Service-Medal)?p=2350#post2350

Reply to topic Page 2 of 2
Goto page Previous  1, 2