Image of the PJM Medal
Banner Text = Fight For the Right to Wear the Pingat Jasa Malaysia Medal
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
MOD Reply.
Post MOD Reply. 
The following letter was received recently from the MOD in regard to the wearing of the PJM by ALL crown servants.

The crass stupidity shown in this letter supports those in the Think Tank who say the MOD is not fit for purpose.

Post MOD Letter. 
The above letter states –

1. The rules do not apply to crown servants who are foreign nationals. There is nothing in the rules that even mentions foreign nationals but the MOD say ‘the rules were not intended’ to apply to foreign nationals. The rules I was referring to are the 1969 Regulations.

2. A foreign national who becomes a British citizen has the right to wear the PJM withdrawn. How are they going to enforce this? Perhaps they will have to add a further question to the British Nationality form asking those who are applying for British nationality ‘have you been awarded the Pingat Jasa Malaysia’. Perhaps, of course, this will only be asked of Nepalese citizens who served in the Brigade of Gurkhas and add to the discrimination of veterans who are eligible for the PJM.

3. A retired crown servant ‘under these rules’ is treated as if he is still serving. If we are still treated as serving crown servants then we are entitled to retirement pay, compensation etc. I would suggest everyone contacts their MP on this decision.

4. Dual nationals are prohibited from wearing the PJM despite the fact that the FCO, the MOD and the Cabinet Office, have all said that dual nationals can wear the PJM in their adopted country.

It is good to see that in the present recession the lie factory is still in full production

The second page of the letter from the MoD, refers to the PJM as being a "Foreign Medal."

It is not a foreign medal. The last time that I looked, Malaysia was still a Commonwealth country.

Post Re: MOD Letter. 
mcdangle wrote:
The above letter states –

......./Snip...................

3. A retired crown servant ‘under these rules’ is treated as if he is still serving. If we are still treated as serving crown servants then we are entitled to retirement pay, compensation etc. I would suggest everyone contacts their MP on this decision...................

Would someone like to draft a letter that we ALL might use to OUR MPs

You know guys and gals we have enough to hang this lot from the Yard Arm, let us make sure we do just that, I am still awaiting official replies to complaints from 20 months ago and until I receive a decision there is little further I can do

Reply to topic Page 1 of 1