Image of the PJM Medal
Banner Text = Fight For the Right to Wear the Pingat Jasa Malaysia Medal
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
New News or not ?
Post New News or not ? 
Did anyone else know about this declaration of support - or did I just miss it ? (it wouldn,t supprise me !!)

http://www.julianlewis.net/speech_detail.php?id=133

Members might be interested that this gentleman was re-elected and is serving with the Cameron Government, and is a great supporter of our cause ?

Tony

Post Re: New News or not ? 
Kentsboro wrote:
Did anyone else know about this declaration of support - or did I just miss it ? (it wouldn,t supprise me !!)

Members might be interested that this gentleman was re-elected and is serving with the Cameron Government, and is a great supporter of our cause ?

Tony

This is taken from the Don Touhig (now Lord Touhig) Westminster Hall Debate on 11th December, 2007, but it is always good to see any news about the shameful refusal of the civil service and government to allow the PJM to be worn.
Andy.

Post Re: New News or not ? 
Kentsboro wrote:

Tony

I issed it.

The last sentence interested me.

"I look forward to hearing the Minister clarify whether attention will be addressed, at least as a first step, to those veterans of the Malaysian campaign who received the PJM but who never received any other award for their service."

I was never awarded a GSM with two clasps. My discharge book makes no mention of my having qualified for the GSM. The page has a line drawn through it.

I had to ask for the GSM, Borneo and then later, ask for the Malay Peninsular clasp.

Like yourself John my discharge book is blank with a diagonal line on the medal section, it took me fortyone years to obtain my GSM only through a gentleman telling me that I was entitled to a medal but the government would never had bothered if I had never bothered, shame on the government's that have been and gone since I was in the army.
Malaysia wants to reward those military people who helped their country in there hour of need but our country cannot be bothered at all.

I had my GSM for Borneo because I was back in Singapore when the information came through but it was only with the help of the internet 40 years later that I found out I was entitled to the Malay Peninsular bar.
Why are these things not automatic?

Like yourself John my discharge book is blank with a diagonal line on the medal section, it took me fortyone years to obtain my GSM only through a gentleman telling me that I was entitled to a medal but the government would never had bothered if I had never bothered, shame on the government's that have been and gone since I was in the army.
Malaysia wants to reward those military people who helped their country in there hour of need but our country cannot be bothered at all.

I beat your time for receiving your GSM it took me 51 yearsto get mine and like you i had to apply for it myself.

Reply to topic Page 1 of 1