Image of the PJM Medal
Banner Text = Fight For the Right to Wear the Pingat Jasa Malaysia Medal
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
Lord Healey
Post Lord Healey 
I have just sent off a package to Lord Healey - a Journal and a badge, with the following letter.
National Malaya & Borneo Veterans Journal

Dear Lord Healey
As a contributor to the Journal commemorating the 40th Anniversary of the end of Confrontation, I am sure that you will receive a copy of the Journal. However, based on the old adage that one can never have too much of a good thing, and the Journal is certainly a good thing, I thought you might like an extra copy in advance of the formal issue.
I have also included a lapel badge designed by members of the “fight4thepjm” campaign group. This is a token of our appreciation for your political leadership during the Borneo Confrontation and also your support for our campaign to get the “accept but not to wear” decision reversed. The motto reads “Pingat Kami – Hak Kami” which when translated from the Malay means “Our Medal – Our Right”. Apt words for a campaign that seeks to assert the right of veterans to accept and wear what has been honourably awarded.
This campaign is still underway and the will to succeed is as strong as ever. We have learned during our campaigning that the political system in the Nation that we served so diligently needs a drastic overhaul – our calls for a review are pushed between different Ministries and offices as none of them can be bothered to take an interest in our cause. It now seems that the only person in the land who can help is Her Majesty. We find it dishonourable that the politicians and Civil Servants of today will hide behind the skirts of an octogenarian lady with such a proven record of devotion to her Subjects. Would that some of them show just a small degree of that same devotion.
Anyway, we shall persevere and will triumph in the end. You more than most will be aware of our capacity for winning.

Post .. 

Last edited by ro5=6372 on Sun Dec 03, 2006 1:15 pm; edited 3 times in total
Post Gerry's Letter to Lord Healy 
Great letter Gerry...as for the following snippet therefrom:

Quote:
We find it dishonourable that the politicians and Civil Servants of today will hide behind the skirts of an octogenarian lady with such a proven record of devotion to her Subjects. Would that some of them show just a small degree of that same devotion.
Anyway, we shall persevere and will triumph in the end. You more than most will be aware of our capacity for winning.

........Couldn't agree more!

Post Re: Lord Healey 
GerryL wrote:
I have just sent off a package to Lord Healey - a Journal and a badge, with the following letter.

Brilliant, Gerry. A great letter that spells it out and one that he will want to receive. I heard that he is not very well - your letter will cheer him up.

Barry

Post Denis Healey 
Great Letter Gerry

Hamish

Post Re: DEAREST DENIS 
ro5=6372 wrote:
HOPE HE'S WITH US , ...HE'S THE BOD WHO HAD ME GOING ROUND IN CIRCLES, DOING A BIERA PATROL

Pete, Thanks for the edit - the message now reads fine. You and I would agree, I think, that the difference between a 'B' and an 'S' is simply that - BS. But the difference is significant in the public domain.

Yes - Denis is on side and believes we should have been given the right to wear the PJM from outset. I'm told that he's not very well at the moment, but a number of people are writing to him.

Barry

PS I'm told by a relative of somebody who was with Denis Healey in WW2, they served together in Operation Torch in November 1942, that he was a briliiant soldier and very supportive of his men and all those around him.

Post .. 

Last edited by ro5=6372 on Sun Dec 03, 2006 1:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
For those that have not seen the JOURNAL suggest you get yourselves a copy, say via the NMBVA site. It most certainly is a keepsake for all those that served.

Post Dennis Healey 
You may recall that a couple of weeks ago I sent a copy of the Journal and a lapel badge to Lord Healey, on behalf of the PJMers. Today I received a handwritten reply as under:
Dear Gerald Law
Thank you so much for your letter and medal. Best wishes for your Campaign,
Yours
Dennis Healey

So I'm glad that I sent him the package. It was obviously appreciated.

Post Re: Dennis Healey 
GerryL wrote:
Dennis Healey ... So I'm glad that I sent him the package. It was obviously appreciated.

Great stuff, Gerry. I know he wil have appreciated it very much. He is on-side and would enjoy the gimme's. Barry

Reply to topic Page 1 of 1