Image of the PJM Medal
Banner Text = Fight For the Right to Wear the Pingat Jasa Malaysia Medal
Reply to topic Page 9 of 11
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
Article in Malaysian press today.
Jcck's letter to the Editor of the Star appears in the Letters column today. See here:

http://thestar.com.my/news/story.asp?file=/2007/4/3/focus/17322190&sec=focus

Post New Straits Times article. 
Having not long returned after a fairly lengthy absence, I have been doing a trawl for items of PJM interest during the time I was away. Located this one, published in the 15 April edition, today:

http://www.nst.com.my/Current_News/NST/Sunday/Columns/20070415080524/Article

Post Another mention in The Star today - 10 June 2007 
http://tinyurl.com/2vdz3f

Last edited by StanW on Mon Apr 14, 2008 12:13 am; edited 1 time in total
Mike.....having travelled a bit prior to my service I was the proud possessor of a UK Passport at that time....but it was not provided by, nor deemed necessary/by the military.......hundreds like me were unceremoniously bundled aboard the Devonshire and I guess it was assumed that we all belonged there as no one said us 'Nay' when we disembarked in Aden, Colombo and Singapore.

I also had a Teddy.....2 actually if you include the one with the velvet collar and the drainpipe pants...?

Post Passports an' things. 

Last edited by MB on Thu Feb 14, 2008 5:49 pm; edited 1 time in total

MIKE MAYBE,YOU DIDN'T NEED A PASSPORT,OR A OFFICIAL NUMBER ON THE BASIS OF ALL KNOWING EACH OTHER! BUT IN R.N. WE HAD TO HAVE ONE,MAYBE TO HELP OUT IF WE BECAME M.P.P. Exclamation FOR OCCUPATION,WE WERE TOLD TO WRITE' GOVERNMENT OFFICIAL' ,I WOULD HAVE PREFERRED 'MARINE ARTIST' ON ACCOUNT OF MY VAST EXPERIENCE PAINTING AIRCRAFT CARRIERS,SORRY THE COLOUR IS AN OFFICIAL SECRET,BUT THE FLIGHT DECK WAS PAINTED BY UNENDING 10 GALLON DRUMS OF CRABFAT,AND CUTTING IN WITH A SQUEEJI! THIS MEANS I'M SCREWED FOR LIFE,FOR DOING GEORGIAN WINDOWS,UNLESS OF COURSE YOU WANT IT ALL DONE,GLASS, KNOBS ,FLOWER POTS ETC.OKAY THEN SOD THE CONSQUENCES IT WAS GREY,BUT DON'T TELL ANYONE Cool

Post Re: Passports an' things. 
MB wrote:
OK, Jock. You seem to have brought this up. I Can't get a decent answer to my enquiries from the regulars so.... did you have a passport to go to Malaya, and....do you have a Teddy?

Mike.

I had a passport to go to Malaya because I went on my own about a month after my Regiment and judging by the 'fresh faced youth' look on my PP photograph I could well have had a 'Teddy' in my kit bag. The hairy kind by the way, not the kind you bought your Mrs for Christmas about 40 years ago, before you say anything.

Owen

Post RE John Cooper 
John.......I was in the party who went to KL back in August and the Col. you mentioned....Col Paul Edwards was with us through out and saw us wearing the PJM on the Merderka parade and at the British legation...nothing was said about NOT wearing it..........reading between the lines, he may have approved.

Certainly Gen. Sir Garry Johnson wore his at the legation and when we were at the Cheras Road Cemetry.

Sir Garry told me......I'm getting it mounted in line.

The late General Sir Jermemy Moore RM had his in line with his MC* and went on parade with it.

When the Queen opens parliament she always says............My government, never, I have set out this or that.This leads me to think , does the Queen realy know what's going on regarding the PJM debate.

PS.......if anyone is passing through Carmarthen to Ireland please do so quietly as were'r all asleep for the winter.

Cheers.. Terry.........sec of said sleeping branch.

Post Re: RE John Cooper 
TWarner wrote:

When the Queen opens parliament she always says............My government, never, I have set out this or that.This leads me to think , does the Queen realy know what's going on regarding the PJM debate.

Terry

There are many of us that feel that there is something very underhand going on here. We are not permitted sight of a document purportedly signed by HMQ, I have written many times to the FCO over this issue and so too to The ICO who are looking into the matter, but they are months behind in any replies unless of course it is to do with party funding! Confused

My own personal views are that many decisions made by HMQ are by proxy but that is something none of us would ever find out because it could be hidden away under the 75 year rule

Post In the public interest 
I should have thought that it was in the public interest to know what downright lying, manipulative little xxxxxx (CENSORED) hypocrits run this country.

As for the honours and decorations committee, their mission statement, is, for British awards only, and to consider the merits of those worthies who may or may not receive them (cash for honours not withstanding).

Anything else, carefully closed down into the FO policy of Balance of public interest is pure rubbish. It has the same kudos as the Official secrets act. If anyone has carefully read it, it is the prima facie document to hide all of the civil serpents blunders.

It is unbelievable that a nation can treat it's servicemen and women in such a manner. Those that have placed their lives on the line for an ungrateful country can hold their heads up high with pride and honour. The converse, however may be said of their country.

Yours Aye

Arthur

Last edited by StanW on Mon Apr 14, 2008 12:37 am; edited 1 time in total
Stan....despite the fact that you don't seem to own a single piece of paper that says you are a citizen - surely the British Nationality Act of 1981 made you a citizen? ... this Act and the 1948 British Nationality Act actually use that term - albeit only for the purposes of immigration law.Neither Act concerned itself with the nature of citizenship, just its borders.

You are both citizen and subject, (some would claim that's the beauty of the UK.) in the same way the UK is (at least temporarily) a country made of countries. And now, under the 1994 Maastricht treaty you also became 'citizen' of the European Union, ergo; you are more than ever, a citizen of the EU - a community of countries, made of more countries.

So you can lay claim to all three; being a citizen the European Union, a citizen of your country and a subject of your Sovereign....No?

Problem seems to be that, by their arbitrary actions, you have somehow, involuntarily, become the de facto 'subject' of a nameless, faceless bunch of Civil Servants.....?

Post In the public interest....and ours. 

Last edited by MB on Thu Feb 14, 2008 5:51 pm; edited 2 times in total

Last edited by StanW on Mon Apr 14, 2008 12:38 am; edited 1 time in total
Reply to topic Page 9 of 11
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next