Image of the PJM Medal
Banner Text = Fight For the Right to Wear the Pingat Jasa Malaysia Medal
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
Ken Mason's Prime Minister's Petition
Post Ken Mason's Prime Minister's Petition 
Ken Mason has started a PM's Petition and I see some notables from the NMBVA have already signed up to support it.

So if you think the PJM should have formal permission to be worn by Brititish veretans, please support Ken's Petition and those who have already signed up. It only takes a few minutes to lodge your 'signature'.

Parliament has its EDMs - we only have opportunities like this. No matter how effective you may think asking HMG and the PM in particular to do anything for British servicemen and women and veterans, you can at least stand up and be counted.

Go to http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/INSULTS/ and 'do the honours'!

Last edited by StanW on Sun Feb 10, 2008 5:01 am; edited 1 time in total
Post Petition 
Stan
Signed it!.

I was at Wesendorf (6km from East/West border) during Suez and Hungarian uprising.... I know it sounds a little bit like "Gong" chasing i.e., new medals for past services

I'm on the spot with this one Stan. I don't want to bring rain to the parade, but it is not within our brief to sponsor new medal campaigns for British campaign or British commemorative medals.

The PJM is different. The medal is a Foreign award and was offered and approved for acceptance by The Queen. We did not seek the award. It is our view that the Queen should have been advised to approve both acceptance and wear of the medal - that is the rule in respect of all medals awarded to private citizens (civilians) and we cannot understand why the HD Committee were misled to the extent that they contravened that policy in respect of British Malaya-Borneo veterans.

That, and that alone, is the battle being fought from this web site.

I hope readers understand our position. We'll give regular readers the opportunity to read the point you have made so they can support your Petition if they wish, and then we'll remove it so we can concentrate on winning the right to wear the PJM. That way, Stan, you will have one medal to show for your service.

Barry

John

Done it, loved it, can I do it again please?

[quote="Dave Cooke"]Done it, loved it, can I do it again please?[/quote]
WHATTO SHIPMATE,HAS THE JIMMY GIVEN YOU TIME OFF FOR GOOD BEHAVIOUR,LONG TIME NO SEA (U BARRACK STANCHION)

Reply to topic Page 1 of 1