Image of the PJM Medal
Banner Text = Fight For the Right to Wear the Pingat Jasa Malaysia Medal
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
The scandalous Rejection Slip - 12th March 2007
Post The scandalous Rejection Slip - 12th March 2007 
Here is the letter advising us that our case for permission to wear the PJM had been rejected.

I have never seen such a transparently misleading and flawed document as this - from a senior civil servant.

He talks about 'honour' and 'integrity'. He clearly has a quite different interpretation of those words than me.

Note how he callously poked you in the eye about your honourable Commonwealth PJM, presented by a Commonwealth country to Commonwealth forces for helping protect that Commonwealth country's independence ... he made the announcement on Commonwealth Day! Remember how they timed the 31st January 2006 Statement declaring the PJM unwearable … it was the day after the wearable Aussie PJM was presented to the Queen’s Representative in Australia (a well deserved PJM, by the way).

Last edited by BarryF on Sun Mar 18, 2007 8:49 pm; edited 1 time in total

Post An initial response to the Cabinet Office 
I shall rebut the Cabinet Office statement. It is so misleading and flawed.

Meanwhile, here is my reply:

Post J'accuse 
Please note that the Cabinet Office papers are 'as is' - any typos or emphasis (e.g. by underlining) are theirs. I wish to distance myself from such a callous act of betrayal of British veterans

Please also note that I am not aware of any earlier questioning of the integrity of members of the HD Committee.

But I do now question the integrity of those who concocted this paper. It is dishonourable and lacking in integrity as much for what it doesn't say as for what it does. And I am very happy to stand up in the public domain and explain why I say that. The Cabinet Office paper is a scandalous misrepresentation of the case for permission for the PJM to be worn.

Honour ... Did you know that on the 30th November 2006 the Honours Secretary wrote to me saying "the fact that consideration is still taking place is not necessarily a bad thing". That was designed to create hope knowing our hopes would be demolished. He knew what the result would be. He was central to the discussion. That was a dishonourable thing to have written. "J'accuse!"

Integrity ... Did you know that in a letter to the Scottish Parliament on the 24th January, in trying to explain why he would not reply to their questions Brennan said "it would be inappropriate for me to make any comment on the merits of the case ... prior to any potential submission to Her Majesty" Yet he, being a member of the HD Committee, knew full well that he had no intention, and never had any intention, of submitting anything to the Queen. That was dishonourable and lacking in integrity. "J'accuse!"

Integrity ... Did you know that Brennan wrote to the Scottish Parliament less than a month before his 'explanation' "We recognise that the matter of the Pingat Jasa Malaysia outcome is eagerly awaited". But he knew that we were going to be poked in the eye yet he still used the word "eagerly". That was callous and lacking in both integrity and honour. "J'accuse!"

But then it had to all of that, didn’t it. Why? Because to have addressed our case openly and fairly would have led to them having to amend the discredited Ministerial Statement.

So I stand by what I said "J'accuse!" The Cabinet Office, aided and abetted by the MoD have deliberately poked British Malaya-Borneo veterans in the eye ... and to make sure we knew it, they again called us "disaffected veterans"!

I invite any from the Government Departments, or the HD Committee, to rebut any of the above. Here, or in a court.

Meanwhile, I am content that I have formal permission to wear the PJM. They know that. They have tried to overrule the Queen. They will never succeed.

Barry

Well said Barry and I accept all you have said as though I had also said it therefore we can occupy the same Court if those cowards in Whitehall consider that the small round things between their legs are alive.

John

Post Barry F 
Thank you for the update sir!The hypocrisy of the people in Parliament,MOD,and the H&DC is way beyond belief.
I shall wear my PJM,did stand outside the MOD in London wearing it.wore it on the Rememberance Day Parade and will continue to do so!
So to the H&DC I say "UP YOURS"

Post The proof of the pudding ... 
The other day I was reading through some of the 500 pages copied from FCO files at the National Archives.

I noticed the word subterfuge. Well, you would, wouldn't you ... these FCO and Cabinet Office people are so pristine and perfect in all they say and do, that such a word would be out of place while they were discussing a recommendation for a medal!

But there it was. Guess the context?

It was used to describe a suggestion for an HD Committee recommendation that was for a medal to be received but formal permission to wear it would not be given - but this would not be mentioned in case the offering country got to hear about it!

Does that ring any bells in the context of the PJM's similar recommendation and the MoD hanging on to thousands of application forms because they didn't know how to tell the Malaysians they would not check records. Those devious departmental bureauprats make corkscrews look like six inch nails!

Those background papers from previous years tell us much about the attitude of those civil servant control freaks who lead the HD Committee by the nose (like another suggestion that ordinary men doing the fighting in the trenches should not be allowed to receive a Malaysian Medal but instead they suggested that a General could receive one!).

Some of those 8000 series files I went through from TNA even after the 30 year rule was applied must be deeply offensive even now, I could not believe the prevaricative statements being made by HMG especially towards the Malaysian Government. I don't want to give anything away as that is down to the minions in Whitehall to have a look through those embarrassing papers to show to KCB's/KCVO's etc, I ain't doin' their work for them, no way! Rolling Eyes

Reply to topic Page 1 of 1