Image of the PJM Medal
Banner Text = Fight For the Right to Wear the Pingat Jasa Malaysia Medal
Reply to topic Page 3 of 4
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Pauline, our researcher, writes to me

Post Mike's Gift to Pauline 
We thought you would like to see the two paintings that Mike has presented to Pauline on his and our behalf to say 'Thank You' for all that she has done.

These are low resolution scans of prints and do not do justice to the original oil paintings. I have seen prints of the originals that Pauline now has, and I found them atmospheric and evocative. They are wonderful paintings of Glen Pean.

I particularly like the one of the ageing PJMer reading up on some of Pauline's research papers!

(Click on a thumbnail to enlarge the image)

Post Paintings. 
Absolutely beautiful paintings Mike, and so generous of you to gift them to Pauline. Your a star pal. Andy.

Post Paintings... 
Thank you Mike for this most generous gesture...the work is clearly beautiful and I sincerely hope that Pauline will take much pleasure in her ownership...

Post Pauline's paintings. 
I am a very shy bloke, perhaps even more so than ro5, our Pete. I just had a very painful brainwave one evening having read all the thanks sent to Pauline and the results are as seen. The memsahib has just come in from work bringing a fish supper (very Scottish) and has told me I must eat NOW. Will tell you more about the paintings soon.

Yors aye .......MB.

COULDN'T AGREE MORE MATEY ARTISTIC TEMPREMENT COMES IN MANY FORMS,JUST DON'T CUT OFF YOUR EAR JUST YET,I LOST MY INHIBITIONS AFTER TWO WEEKS AT GANGES,LINES OF URINALS LOOKING INTO THE W.C.s,ONLY PROB NO DOORS ;THINK ABOUT IT ,WHEN YOUR 15yrs old. I CAN PAINT TOO MIND,REMEMBER UPENDING TEN GALLON DRUMS OF BATTLESHIP GREY,AND SPREADING WITH A SQUEEQIE,NATURALLY I'M NOW SPOILT FOR LIFE ,IN CUTTING IN ROUND GEORGIAN WINDOW FRAMES,OF WHICH THOUSANDS ABOUND HERE IN BATH,I THINK I SHOULD SUE SOMEONE AS MY HUMAN RIGHTS TO BE A GEORGIAN WINDOW PAINTER HAVE BEEN ABUSED.HOWEVER THERE ARE NO SUCH SHORTAGES OF PEOPLE IN WHITEHALL ,WHO ARE WORLD CLASS WHITEWASHERS,SPECIALLY WITH THAT MATT ONE COAT STUFF BU*LSH*T,DAMN I'M LOOSING MY INTROVERT SHYNESS AGAIN Embarassed

I’m envious of the skill, anyone would be proud to have them on their wall.
Mike did you paint any jungle scenes?
Paul

Post Just a thought 
Would it be possible in any way shape or form for Mike's paintings be attached to a 'Fight4' Calender for 2008?
That would make him a "Bob or two" plus maybe a charitable donation?
JUST A THOUGHT!!

Nice Idea, who would be first to send one to Bren Gun & Co.
Paul

Post Pauline's paintings. 
The bothy depicted lies in Glen Pean, see OS sheet 40(Loch Shiel) at ref 936904. It is VERY remote, in the area where Commandos based at Achnacarry trained in WW2.

Some 15 years ago I met a very old lady who was the last person to be born there. She told of a very hard, barefoot existence as the daughter of a shepherd in the employ of Cameron of Locheil. She had two older brothers who became of military age in 1915-16, when, as she put it, "The Laird had them awa tae be sodjers (soldiers). They were both killed within weeks of each other, "somewhere in France."

The paintings Pauline has are the original oils done on wood panels 10x8 ins which I used to carry in my pack with a few brushes and tubes of paint (along with sleeping bag,etc and food for several days.) From 1990, after 25 years of teaching Art, this was how I earned my living...with the help of my wonderful wife Kathy.

MB.

Post Calender!!! 
Paul Alders wrote:
Nice Idea, who would be first to send one to Bren Gun & Co.
Paul

Paul I would!

Post Calender 2008 
There would be such a rush, no one would know who
was first. To be fair, what about a competition so the
winner gets a chance to be "first. Actually if one is sent
to each member of HD Cttee, Three for the FCO, and 3
for MoD DS Sec + 1 for their friends in VA. First fifteen
out the hat could sponsor one with a donation to a charity
of the "Teams"choice of, say a fiver?

David

Maybe we could give them permission to accept the calenders but I assume we will refuse them permission to hang them (the calendars I mean Wink )

Beautiful and evocative paintings MB. Really superb.

Kuching.
Give permission in2099 to acept 2008 calendar but deny permission to admire said calendar for 5 years.

Paintings are a very generous and unique gift, thank you MB.

Reply to topic Page 3 of 4
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next