Image of the PJM Medal
Banner Text = Fight For the Right to Wear the Pingat Jasa Malaysia Medal
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
melbourne anzac day
Post melbourne anzac day 
saw at least a dozen pjms at todays anzac march,this photo has five excluding mine behind the camera,there was a malaysian couple in front of me and when he turned around he nudged his wife and said ping,and they both shook my hand and said thankyou.

Great photo Will....thank you for that....glad to hear of the success of the Anzac Parades and of the courtesy of Malaysian citizens...

Post Melbourne Anzac Parade. 
Thanks for the photograph Will. Its great. Nice to see the PJM's on parade. Good on yer diggers!
Pity we have eight dinosaurs in the UK Civil Service who are so immersed in their Royalist elitism that they still believe they can stop UK Citizens from wearing the PJM.

Post ANZAC March Melbourne 
Was with Willhastie in Melbourne . It was a fine sunny day and there was an estimated turnout of 35,000 people who lined our route as we marched towards the Shrine of Remembrance. A group of Australian Royal Engineers who were in Malaysia 1961 to 1963 were in a squad behind us this year. They had come down from Queenland. We always march between the Korean veterans and the Vietnam veterans. A good lunch was enjoyed by many after the march in a room we share with the Korean veterans. Their number seemed fewer this year.

Post ANZAC Day march - Townsville, North Queensland 
The largest crowd ever, turned out to watch the ANZAC Day March in Townsville, this morning.

I marched, as usual, but this year I marched with the Townsville Sub- Branch of the RSL.

To my knowledge, there were three PJMs on the March. Mine and two others that were worn by ex-Aussie Diggers.

Less We Forget.

Post ANZAC DAY 
Will, Hamish and John,

You may wish to know that the local RBL organised their annual ANZAC day Parade
in the Towcester Road Cemetery, Northampton on the 22nd April. In the Cemetery
there are graves from both WWI and WWII of members of the Australian and Newzealand
Army Corps. The Cross of Glory is dressed with the flags of both countries and wreaths
are laid by The Mayor of Northampton and other representatives at the foot of the Cross,
and as each name is called, a veteran salutes the grave and places a wooden Cross at
the foot of the grave. Prayers were led by a Salvation Army Officer, the Standards were
lowered ( The Union Flag, The RBL and our RASC/RCT Branch Standard) during which a
two minutes silence was observed. A bugler is present. About 20 Veterans were present,
including the Chairman of the RBL PoppyAppeal who spoke the words "at the going down...."
The ceremony lasts for half an hour.

There were also a fair number of Families and children present - I estimate at about 25.

There is no March Past. A small, quiet, dignified service; We did "Remember Them".

David

At Nambour on Anzac day 20 members of the Sunshine Coast NMBVA marched together under the NMBVA banner. Everyone wore their PJM including Oz and Uk veterans. All in it together as it should be. Take heed you suits, we all know what is just and right even if you don't.

Thanks Will. Its a pity there was someone in front of me to block out thge view of my PJM.

Hamish

Post THE ANZAC MEMORIAL 
This tribute to the memory of the ANZACS by M. Kemal Atatürk was written in 1934. He was the founder of the Turkish Republic in 1923.

THE ANZAC MEMORIAL

Those heroes that shed their blood And lost their lives...
You are now lying in the soil of a friendly country.
Therefore, rest in peace.

There is no difference between the Johnnies
And the Mehmets to us where they lie side by side,
Here in this country of ours.

You, the mothers, who sent their sons from far away countries...
Wipe away your tears.
Your sons are now lying in our bosom And are in peace.
After having lost their lives on this land, they have
Become our sons as well.

Thank you to everyone who has taken the time and trouble to post images and text on Anzac Day.

The turnout, the people themselves, the 'moment' ... they underline for me what this is all about. I was particularly pleased to see a service in the UK.

It also makes me feel very, very angry that those obdurate British civil servants still cannot comprehend what 'honour' and 'remembering' is all about. I hold them in utter contempt.

This Sunday I go to France and Belgium for a 9-day research trip. As usual on these visits, I shall take with me a number of wreaths and many poppy crosses to place on Memorials and Graves. Visiting the Australian, Canadian and New Zealand locations will be more special this year - the PJM campaign has produced an awesome sense of camaderie amongst Commonwealth ex-servicmen and women. It is uplifting to be part of it.

Barry

Thank you to everyone who has taken the time and trouble to post images and text on Anzac Day.

The turnout, the people themselves, the 'moment' ... they underline for me what this is all about. I was particularly pleased to see a service in the UK.

It also makes me feel very, very angry that those obdurate British civil servants still cannot comprehend what 'honour' and 'remembering' is all about. I hold them in utter contempt.

This Sunday I go to France and Belgium for a 9-day research trip. As usual on these visits, I shall take with me a number of wreaths and many poppy crosses to place on Memorials and Graves. Visiting the Australian, Canadian and New Zealand locations will be more special this year - the PJM campaign has produced an awesome sense of camaderie amongst Commonwealth ex-servicmen and women. It is uplifting to be part of it.
Barry

That is very true Barry.......I recently attended the Te Atatu Peninsular RSA club in Auckland where a lot of interest was shown to the PJM pin that I was wearing......several members asked where they could buy one and were dissapointed when I told them that stocks had probably run out and that no more would be produced.
On my return to Australia I discovered that my PJM had arrived from MHC London so I was able to wear it alongside my other two medals when I attended the Dawn Service at Brighton in South Australia.....and wearing that medal made me just as proud as I felt as I listened to my Granddaughters solo rendition of the song "I am Australian" at the service.

Reply to topic Page 1 of 1