Image of the PJM Medal
Banner Text = Fight For the Right to Wear the Pingat Jasa Malaysia Medal
Reply to topic Page 2 of 2
Goto page Previous  1, 2
The Royal British Legion - support grows - unamimous
Post British Legion Motion re PJM 
I am very relieved to note that Motion 26 at the Royal British Legion Conference 2007 (Wearing of the PJM) was carried. That's an enormous boost for our campaign. Well done Wiltshire.
h

Post PJM on Parade at todays Trooping 
There were 10 Chelsea Pensioners on parade at the trooping this morning and one of them was proudly wearing his PJM as the last medal on his bar in full dress uniform!

If he is simply a rebel then I am proud of him but what of permission, they are very well regulated and disciplined so he must have had permission to do so. He was 'on parade' for the Queen after all!

John

Post Re: PJM on Parade at todays Trooping 
jireland wrote:
If he is simply a rebel then I am proud of him but what of permission, they are very well regulated and disciplined so he must have had permission to do so. He was 'on parade' for the Queen after all!

This is wonderful news, John.

It's great to see men and women who earned their decorations, wear them.

Unlike the Queen's Private Secretary who has been awarded a Foreign Medal 25 years after the event ... and he has Unrestricted Approval to wear it! And he did nothing whatsoever to earn it!!! Except his well-paid work. And he lives and works in a privileged and secret environment in Buckingham Palace and so also gets to have his KCB upgraded (at no extra cost) to a GCB.

And that same Private Secretary is a member of the HD Committee who tried to stop those who put their lives on the line when earning their medal, from wearing their PJM!

And he and his friend Mr Brennan at the Cabinet Office have inferred that we should jolly well be grateful for what they have done for us!! Lock yourselves in your bedroom and polish your trinket out of view of the general public virtually all of whom want you to wear your PJM with pride.

Not me, Squire. What is happening in this country is a travesty of everything and anything that has to do with democracy and life in the 21st Century.

Barry

PS I am grateful to Gerry Law for pointing all this out to me via an email received while I was on Car Parking duty at our local show. He mentions that other 'worthy recipients' of this medal in respect of 25 year's ago events were ... "mainly judges, civil servants and defence forces personnel. The Earl of Wessex represented the Queen at the celebrations and he and members of his household received their medals. The British recipients are: The Queen, The Duke of Edinburgh, The Prince of Wales, The Duke of York, The Earl and Countess of Wessex, The Princess Royal; and, with unrestricted permission to wear it : The Rt Hon Sir Robin Janvrin (there are others including 4 members of the Wessex Household."

What happened to the 'more than 5 years ago' rule???

Sickening hypocrisy!

Barry, you are right, this is indeed 'hypocrisy, of the most blatant and sickening kind.

I have had more than enough of the 'don't do as I do, do as I say' mentality that pervades this nation of ours now. Janvrin is an example of the type of toads who infect the civil service and he should be thoroughly ashamed of himself as he was a serving Naval Officer once. We need everyone to send a billy do to him copied to their MP,s etc. pointing out this injustice and accusing him of gross hypocrisy.

Regards
Disgusted of Wiltshire Evil or Very Mad

Reply to topic Page 2 of 2
Goto page Previous  1, 2