Image of the PJM Medal
Banner Text = Fight For the Right to Wear the Pingat Jasa Malaysia Medal
Reply to topic Page 1 of 3
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Arise Sir Sir Sir Robin ... oh Lord, I've lost Count!
Post Arise Sir Sir Sir Robin ... oh Lord, I've lost Count! 
The Queen's Private Secretary, Sir Robin Janvrin, has been awarded a Foreign Medal 25 years after the event ... and he has Unrestricted Approval to wear it!

The Medal marks the 25th Anniversary of the Independence of the State of Antigua and Barbuda.

And you will recall that this same Private Secretary is a member of the HD Committee who quotes a 'rule' aboput events more than 5 years ago when trying to stop those ordinary men and women who put their lives on the line when earning their medal in Malaya/Borneo, from honourably wearing their PJM!

And he did nothing whatsoever to earn his gong!!! Except his well-paid and well-pensioned work. And he lives and works in a privileged and secret environment in Buckingham Palace and so also gets to have his KCB upgraded (at no extra cost) to a GCB.

And he and his friend Mr Brennan at the Cabinet Office have told me that we should jolly well be grateful for what they have done for us!! (I have that in writing) Soooo ... lock yourselves in your bedroom when you polish your trinket out of view of the general public virtually all of whom want you to wear your PJM with pride.

Not me, Squire. What is happening in this country is a travesty of everything and anything that has to do with democracy and life in the 21st Century.

Barry

PS I am grateful to Gerry Law for pointing all this out to me via an email received while I was on Car Parking duty (in the pouring rain!) at our local show. Gerry mentions that other 'worthy recipients' of this medal in respect of 25 year's ago events were ... "mainly judges, civil servants and defence forces personnel. The Earl of Wessex represented the Queen at the celebrations and he and members of his household received their medals. The British recipients are: The Queen, The Duke of Edinburgh, The Prince of Wales, The Duke of York, The Earl and Countess of Wessex, The Princess Royal; and, with unrestricted permission to wear it : The Rt Hon Sir Robin Janvrin (there are others including 4 members of the Wessex Household."

What happened to the 'more than 5 years ago' rule???

Sickening hypocrisy!

Barry

PS And I hope that that person who told me I should be more deferential in this campaign is reading this sickening example of elitist privilege.

PPS Thank you, Sir Sir Sir Robin ... thank you for giving me an extra impetus (if ever I needed one) for continuing to fight for the rights of Britsh Malaya Borneo veterans.

ANTIGUA AND BARBUDA,WHAT SORT OF CAMPAIGN WAS THAT Question MUST HAVE BEEN A WELL KEPT SECRET,SPECIALLY THE RISK AND RIGOUR BIT ,SNOTTY TAKE A 'KIN HIKE Exclamation

Janvrin, got his snout well and truly in the trough with the rest of them of this greedy and shabby establishment they call the "civil" service....yes I am Bl**dy angry..........Rob Evil or Very Mad

Barry wrote;
"Sickening hypocrisy!"

...there does seem to be a lot of that going around Barry....and we mustn't forget those other sterling qualities, of which we have experienced so many examples....

Lying...Deceit....Fabrication... and Obfuscation.

One wonders how such individuals can face themselves in the shaving mirror, of a morning?

Post Re: Arise Sir Sir Sir Robin ... oh Lord, I've lost Count! 
BarryF wrote:
The Queen's Private Secretary, Sir Robin Janvrin, has been awarded a Foreign Medal 25 years after the event ... and he has Unrestricted Approval to wear it!

The Medal marks the 25th Anniversary of the Independence of the State of Antigua and Barbuda.

This is hypocrisy in the extreme. Where can I find information about this award ?????? ..............is there an Internet link to the story????? It would be nice to be able to use it to support any letters we write.

KenN0898 wrote:
Where can I find information about this award ?????? ..............is there an Internet link to the story????? It would be nice to be able to use it to support any letters we write.

Order of the Bath Knights Grand Cross of the Order of the Bath

The Right Honourable Sir Robin (Berry) JANVRIN, KCB KCVO Private Secretary to The Queen and Keeper of The Queen's Archives. (London, SW1A)
http://www.number-10.gov.uk/output/Page9688.asp

If any veteran can find a photograph of Sir Robin it would be of interest when writing to newspapers.

KenN0898 wrote:
This is hypocrisy in the extreme. Where can I find information about this award ?????? ..............is there an Internet link to the story????? It would be nice to be able to use it to support any letters we write.

What about a phone call or email to the BBC at Solent?

Post Janvrin 
Who's a pretty boy then .........................!

Tony

In recent years Sir Robin picked up these following six honours.
I wonder is he allowed to wear them all together?

CB: Companion of the Order of the Bath, 1997
KCB: Knight Commander of the Order of the Bath, 2003
GCB: Knight Grand Cross of the Order of the Bath, June 16, 2007
LVO: Lieutenant of the Royal Victorian Order, 1981-84
CVO: Commander of the Royal Victorian Order, 1994
KCVO: Knight Commander of the Royal Victorian Order, 1998

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robin_Janvrin

Last edited by MB_Veteran on Mon Jun 18, 2007 2:50 am; edited 1 time in total
Post Your Sirship! 
Rolling Eyes As we have been informed, the "5 year" and "Yonks" ago are both arbitrary
and presumably discretionary rules. Surely we wouldn't believe that the Medal
MAFIA "soldiers" comprised of well known (by us) persons in the Cabinet Office,
FCO, and MoD would obstruct their Godfather's award of his 25 years old "gift".
Indeed it might well affect their own incestuously awarded gongs in the future.
One thing is certain is that any adverse comment will not cause them
embarrassment or shame.

Of course, if we ever get anybody with the integrity and courage from MPs, Ministers or
even the House of Lords to present our case to those WHO COULD take action if they wish,
this outrageous, sycophantic, and scandalous behaviour may well act in our favour. Gorden,
are you listening? If so, ACTION BEFORE the 27th June 2007 - YOUR VERY OWN
APPOINTED VETERAN'S DAY.

Another point; I read (or saw) that B.liar will no longer be personaly involved in recommending people
for Honours and then referring the names to the Civil Servants (a bit late?) but those who are to be
honoured will have their names referred direct from sponsors to the Civil Servants to place before the
Committee. Won't they have a field day?

Last edited by GLOman on Sun Jun 17, 2007 10:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Prince Michael of Kent was wearing his Antigua & Barbuda thingy today at Horse Guards, pretty coloured little thing?????????????

John

As I have said before, what a bloody joke this honours and decorations thing is. It is the sort of thing that kids play in make-believe (or used to). There are too many gutless wonders in the so called elite who are encouraged to ponce around in unearned trinkets and titles. "Order of the bath" they should damn well drown them in one. Awards should be for those who earned them, but then again we have come to expect inequity, elitism and unfairness from the government and its administrators.

I think we should send Robin a letter of congratulations via Brennan. That will let them know that we know.

Along with the 5 year Rule, we were told we were STILL Civil Servants....Is he NOT then?

Post Your Sirships. 
Evil or Very Mad Fred,

WOW! what a good point - no need to go further!
It is ideal for me to use in an immediate letter/email!

Ta,

David

Reply to topic Page 1 of 3
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next