Image of the PJM Medal
Banner Text = Fight For the Right to Wear the Pingat Jasa Malaysia Medal
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
First report!
Post First report! 
Yesterday, the 15th November, the Fight4thePJM Team received yet another boost to its campaign and to the morale of those fighting for the right to wear the Pingat Jasa Malaysia with the honour it deserves.

On that day, our Team member in Scotland, the indefatigable ‘mcdangle’ aka Andy Nicoll, presented the Fight4thePJM case to the Petitions Committee of the Scottish Parliament.

He was faced by a panel of 8 MSPs and had to answer some searching questions in front of an audience of 40 or more people.

We would like to say thanks to Donald Fairgrieve, ex-KOSB who went to Malaysia last month, for agreeing to attend with mcdangle. Donald reported to the Committee about the stunning reception the KOSB received throughout their memorable visit. This underlined the importance of the PJM to Malaysia and Malaysians - and why the medal should be given the honour in the UK that it has been given in Malaysia and the rest of the world.

Donald's view was that it was a constructive and balanced meeting and he detected a feeling of irritation from MSP's at the way this matter is being treated.

We must await the formal response of the Scottish Parliament before commenting further but one eavesdropper suggests that mcdangle fought a brilliant fight and was successful inachieving his objectives. As a result, the Scottish Parliament will take up the issue and will raise questions directly with London.

That is very good news. Very good news indeed.

For us, anyway. Crappy news for the civil servants, though.

Those civil servants may well be on the receiving end of some searching questions from embarrassed Heads of Department. And this time they won't be able to refuse to answer questions (as they do ours) or hide behind exemptions from the Freedom of Information Act (inappropriately) or just run home and beef to the wife (yes - one did exactly that).

We'll keep you posted.

The Fight4thePJM Team

Post Re: First report! 
BarryF wrote:

[That is very good news. Very good news indeed.]

As you say, good news indeed.

[For us, anyway. Crappy news for the civil servants, though.]

And, as you say, good news indeed.

Well done mcdangle.

An excellent days work, another victory for the so called ordinary man.
Not so ordinary when we stand together.

Laughing Very well done "Sir" McDangle, I should think that was quite nerve racking.

Let me add my applause...Well done McDangle!!!!!!!!!

A major coup, Andy. My sincere thanks for your untiring efforts. It must have been quite daunting but you sailed through with flying colours. You deserve to be given a medal - as long as you don't want to wear it.
GerryL

There you go Barry, I always said that my glass was half full not half empty and being of Scots ancestry I had absolutely no doubt that those in Gods Country would acquit themselves weell.

John

Andy you deserve all the plaudits, well done from everyone.

Scotland the Brave! Very Happy (and that is from a Sassenach!)

Post Thanks. 
Thank you everyone. Donald Fairgrieve and Linda Fabiani MSP and most of the Petitions Committee did help. It was also a team effort from the fight4thepjm team at HQ. I just hope that the Scottish Parliament can flex its muscles and make the bureauprats and civil serpents see sense.

And no Terence never a Sir mcdangle. I would tell them where to stick it. As you can guess I am not a Royalist and even less of one since we were not given permission to wear the PJM.

Post Re: Thanks. 
mcdangle wrote:

As you can guess I am not a Royalist and even less of one since we were not given permission to wear the PJM.

Andy

I think a lot of Veterans are like minded, seems as if someone has to mend a few fences me thinks!
Rolling Eyes

Well done Andy.Thanks for all your hard work and time you have put in for our "cause".It is much appreciated

Rgds Ray

Surprised The "Sir" was only tongue in cheek! However I am a royalist, especially to this present Monach, who ever succeeds may be a different matter. It would not seem the same to serve on a ship called UK (or what ever) Tiger or to serve in the UK Signals Corps. Unfortunately the Queen cannot say to some of our Civil Servants (HD Committee) OFF WITH THEIR HEADS!!!
Yours in comradeship Terry

Surprised The "Sir" was only tongue in cheek! However I am a royalist, especially to this present Monach, who ever succeeds may be a different matter. It would not seem the same to serve on a ship called UK (or what ever) Tiger or to serve in the UK Signals Corps. Unfortunately the Queen cannot say to some of our Civil Servants (HD Committee) OFF WITH THEIR HEADS!!!
Yours in comradeship Terry

Terence,

I have just realised - did you remove the 'd' from your surname and are you really connected to 'that' family.
Yes, I realised that you were only joking about the 'Sir' bit.
Some may say you might be fortunate to serve on UK Tiger or the UK Corps of Signals but my people will never be able to serve in the Kings Own Scottish Borderers again because 'they' disbanded it and I never heard a squeak from the House of Windsor.

May I too, offer my thanks on your wonderful achievement on our behalf.

David

I have split the list into four groups and sent a small but meaningfull thank you to them all, the Scottish MSP's that is! This is obviously the wrong page to have posted it but what the hell........................

John

Reply to topic Page 1 of 1