Image of the PJM Medal
Banner Text = Fight For the Right to Wear the Pingat Jasa Malaysia Medal
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
The PJM Story as seen and heard from OZ
Post The PJM Story as seen and heard from OZ 
Take a few minutes to listen to John Feltham's radio interview in Oz. It highlights examples of the effects that the shameful amd mean-spirited recommendation has had on the lives of ordinary people.

Nothing in the Imperial Honours System can be so important as to require that the British discriminate as between Commonwealth Nations and between their own citizens (and their own taxpayers). And they are only able to do that by mis-representing rules and by being deceitful about the facts.

This ludicrous recommendation has resulted in a truly bizarre situation and one that we think must be challenged. You can't have one rule for some British citizens/taxpayers and another for others - they all served together and were awarded a medal together. They should all have equal rights to wear it.

Anyway, listen in and let us know what you think.

http://www.fight4thepjm.org/documents/Curtin_Radio_FM_Perth_West_Australia.mp3

(This is a large file and may take some time to download. But it's worth it!)

I reckon every member of the Civil Service ought to be forced to listen to this interview, then they will appreciate what a bunch of eejits they are working for and perhaps when some of them get 'elected' (I wonder who organises that!?) they can throw out this antiquated system

It makes me cringe with rage..............

Post Re: The PJM Story as seen and heard from OZ 
BarryF wrote:
Take a few minutes to listen to John Feltham's radio interview in Oz. It highlights examples of the effects that the shameful amd mean-spirited recommendation has had on the lives of ordinary people.

Nothing in the Imperial Honours System can be so important as to require that the British discriminate as between Commonwealth Nations and between their own citizens (and their own taxpayers). And they are only able to do that by mis-representing rules and by being deceitful about the facts.

This ludicrous recommendation has resulted in a truly bizarre situation and one that we think must be challenged. You can't have one rule for some British citizens/taxpayers and another for others - they all served together and were awarded a medal together. They should all have equal rights to wear it.

Anyway, listen in and let us know what you think.

http://www.fight4thepjm.org/documents/Curtin_Radio_FM_Perth_West_Australia.mp3

(This is a large file and may take some time to download. But it's worth it!)

One year ago ... and it's still relevant!

Post Relevance of the PJM and its recipients. 
Yesterday morning when eating my toast and doing the daily crossword while the telly was showing early news I pricked up my ears when I heard Malaya mentioned. In the context of the latest terrorist attacks an interviewee then went on to quote yet again our watch-words of so long ago....("hearts and minds"). Who the guy was I don't know but he had used us as an example of how to go forward in the struggle to heal the rift in today's delicate and strained relationships between two peoples who must find a way to co-exist.

Why cannnot those in power in our country see the value of allowing us to wear our honourable gift of thanks from Malaysia, and in doing so shout it loud and clear that we old guys and dolls once actually preserved a Muslim nation by protecting its integrity and sovereignty at considerable cost? Surely such a jesture would help more than a little.

MB.

PS. I am sure, since I have just realised that I'm on the Australian slot, that the Diggers wont mind my comment.

CYNICAL OLE ME,THE ONLY HEARTS AND MINDS I'VE ENCOUNTERED OF LATE ,IS ONE WHICH BRINGS LOADS OF FOREIGNERS HERE,AND MORE BRITS EMIGRATING OUT.

Post Jungle Green Khaki Brown. 
I have just received a copy of Jungle Green Khaki brown about the Malayan Emergency and Merdeka which is selling like hot cakes in Malaysia with very few available. However, the dvd cover gives out the following details of the manufacturer -

Nickleodeon Books (M) Sdn. Bhd, Wisma Ali Bawal, 2,3rd. Floor, 11, Jalan Tandang, 4605 Petaling Jaya, Selangor Darul Ehsan, Malaysia Telephone - (006) 03 7782 4300 - Fax (006) 03 7782 4301 and email - nickbook@streamyx.com

It is priced RM 21.90 (divide by about 6.9 depending on the daily rate = £3.15 plus postage) for eight episodes that appeared on Malaysian TV.

You can get a more detailed conversion of the Ringgit to the sterling if you go to a conversion site on your pc. My figures are just for info.

Reply to topic Page 1 of 1