Image of the PJM Medal
Banner Text = Fight For the Right to Wear the Pingat Jasa Malaysia Medal
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
[b]PJM presentation in Essex[/b]
Post [b]PJM presentation in Essex[/b] 
Just had a phone call from Fred Burden asking me to attend County Hall, Chelmsford on August 15th at 20.30 hrs.
I am looking forward to meeting other veterans there. Hope to report back here after the event.
Geoff. Charge

Post PJM arrives in Essex 
I also have had the call ,only mine is for 7.15pm. My wife Kathy is also honoured at the same ceremony.
So many of us, they have to do a double ceremony. Thats what I call "double medalling"

See you there
MIKE and KATHY OSTLER

Post PJMs in Essex 

Last edited by MB on Fri Feb 15, 2008 11:15 am; edited 1 time in total

Post Got it at last!! 
Finally 278 veterans living in Essex/Kent were presented with their PJM by Col.Md. Tajr Alwi of the Malayasian Defence Authortiy. We all descended (with wives) on County Hall, Chelmsford from 18.30 to 20.30 and enjoyed a glass of wine before being seated. Professional photos were taken of each of us in turn, to the applause of the audience.
My thanks go to everyone involved in getting this medal to us. Roll on Remembrance Day when I will wear mine on parade.
Geoff. Charge

Post On Parade in Essex - at last 
Thank you Fred and team for the excellent arrangements last night at County Hall, Chelmsford.

At least two of us will be attending the Burma Star Association Memorial Service this Saturday 18th August at the Burma Star Rose Garden, Orsett,Essex. We will be on parade at 1030am and yes we will be wearing the PJM with pride.

MIKE & KATHY OSTLER

Ex RAF

Reply to topic Page 1 of 1