Image of the PJM Medal
Banner Text = Fight For the Right to Wear the Pingat Jasa Malaysia Medal
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
Live webchat with the David Miliband
Post Live webchat with the David Miliband 
The Foreign and Commonwealth Secretary (he who the power to sort out the PJM issue) will be in No 10 to take part in a live webchat on Monday, 3rd September at 10:00 BST (errr what happened to the 'S'?).

Log in to the webchat now and post your question to the minister on foreign policy and international affairs. Methinks he will have a sack full of questions.

http://www.number-10.gov.uk/output/Page1.asp. When there, click on "28 August - Live webchat with David Millband".

Or go straight to http://www.webchat.pm.gov.uk/index.asp?webchatID=50

The last time this oportunity occurred, what's-her-name did a runner before the show![/url]

Dunno if it'll make the 'question paper' for Mr Miliband....but I'm in anyway...

Post Milliband FCO Secretary. 
I have also put questions to David Milliband but I think this is the usual political waffle and he will find some way not to answer them -

Her Majesty the Queen has graciously given permission for the Pingat Jasa Malaysia to be worn in Malaysia for a temporary period from 15th. August, to 9th. September, 2007. My questions are 1. British veterans visiting Malaysian celebrations in the UK are forbidden to wear this medal. Does the Minister not think that this is discrimination? 2. Has our Sovereign the right to interfere with the rules on medals in another foreign sovereign state such as Malaysia.

Post Reply to my letter to the Prime Minister. 
Received today from 10 Downing Street........

Sub-heading..."From the Honours Section. ( Letter dated 23 August 2007)

I am writing on behalf of the Prime Minister to thank you for your letter of 10th July about the Pingat Jasa Malaysia Medal.

As you will know, it has been a long-standing policy that the wearing of non-British medals will not be approved or permitted for events or service that took place more than five years before initial consideration, or in connection with events that took place in the distant past (for example, commemorative awards) or if the recipiant has received or is expected to receive a British award for the same service.

However, it has recently been announced that Her Majesty The Queen has agreed that veterans will be allowed to wear the Pingat Jasa Malaysia Medal during the celebrations for Malaysian Independence in Malaysia.

Yours Sincerely (with signature).....Marion Moore."

I know I was one of the first to write to the PM so I expect other early writers will soon be so "honoured" with the same reply.....same......same.....same you know what

MB

I had a siimilar reply dated 20th August as I had writtenon 12th July, only difference was from one named MARGARET PICKERSGILL, same message most disappointing .

I wish good luck to all who travel to Malaysia

Iam not going to Malaysia this time as I last revisited in 1995.

Cameron

I received my letter from the prime minister today, with the same regurgitated vomit so much for a pm who supposedly cares for veterans! Question

Post Questions need answered 
Thanks valentine for showing the forum this letter.

You may know that the statement in the Gazette 3 May 1968 was clarified in 1969 by a regulation on the merging of the FCO that stated " These regulations do not relate to awards of campaign or commemorative war medals"

Questions need answered regards the above statement:

No1) Why was the FCO 1969 updated statement not published to the London Gazette?

No2) What type of medals does the FCO London Gazette 3 May 1968 refer to if the statement does not relate to "awards of campaign or commemorative war medals"?

No3) Surely, the LG 3 May 1968 publication has more to do with defining differences between UK citizens who are (or are not) in the service of the Crown being allowed to wear foreign medals restricted or unrestricted, rather than defining differences between what types of medals awarded by Foreign governments?

Post Regulations. 
Vaalentine,

Perhaps, Marion Moore, writing on behalf of the Prime Minister, and not an elected member of parliament has not been properly briefed in the rules and regulations pertaining to foreign awards and medals. She quotes the 1969 Regulations which were reviewed and replaced in the House of Commons Library by rules submitted in November, 2005, by Jack Straw MP who was then Foreign Secretary.

The November, 2005, rules, as they were named, do not have the 'campaign or commemorative war medals' exemption in them.

Might be nice to let her know that she or the Prime Minister is being misled by Civil Servants who are giving them information which they think supports their case and not the true facts.

Check the November, 2005, rules first though. Andy.

Reply to topic Page 1 of 1