Image of the PJM Medal
Banner Text = Fight For the Right to Wear the Pingat Jasa Malaysia Medal
Reply to topic Page 2 of 2
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Medal that must not be worn
Post Re: Halesowen news 
StanW wrote:

Post your comments to:

http://www.halesowennews.co.uk/search/display.var.1793285.0.vet_fights_to_wear_medal.php

Stan

Dunnit, Stan. I have posted the following to the newspaper:

"Why did that spokesman for the Foreign Office try and mislead you and your readers? Answer - because he cannot tell the truth about the PJM. To do so destroys their 'argument' for trying to stop British veterans from wearing their PJM. The fact is that most ex-servicemen and women who are eligible for the PJM do NOT have a British medal to wear. And they are being stopped from wearing their only medal, the PJM, on this year's Remembrance Day.
The Queen has said all other countries like Australia and New Zealand, those we fought with, can wear the medal with pride!

In this day and age, it beggars belief. It's all about mean-spirited double standards from an Imperialist past!

Will that same spokesman admit to another fact - that his Minister who made the PJM statement in Parliament which denied ordinary men and women the right to wear the medal (the Rt Hon Ian Pearson MP) has changed his mind and now says his decision was wrong and should be reversed – and he is lobbying for the PJM to be worn by men like Colin Timbrell. Good luck to Mr Timbrell– he should wear his medal. If he was not in Crown Service in January 2006, The Queen said he could wear his medal by dint of a decree in the London Gazette in 1968.

The full story is at www fight4thepjm org. "

and, referring to the support from the local RBL President:

"I would like to add that Mr Timbrell and everyone else should wear their PJM with honour on Remembrance Day.

At this year's Royal British Legion National Conference, the RBL unanimously adopted a resolution calling on the RBL to campaign for the PJM to be officially recognised as being a wearable medal. This story is also on www.fight4thepjm.org - the web site set up specifically to campaign for British veterans' right to wear their Malaysian medal."

Last edited by StanW on Mon Apr 14, 2008 12:19 am; edited 1 time in total
Post Re: Halesowen news 
StanW wrote:
Halesowen News wrote:
A spokesman for the Foreign Office said the Queen gave special permission for the PJM medal to be worn from August 15 untIl September 9 as part of celebrations of 50 years of independence in Malaysia but that there was no special allowance for remembrance parades. He said veternans who served in Malaysia should have a British general service medal they could wear Instead.

For more on the campaign for the right to wear the PJM medal vIsit
www.fight4thepjm.org/

OK lads, although Halesowen is my postal address, Blackheath's not my area so lets give this Veteran a hand.

MP is Deputy-Speaker Sylvia Heal so this one in important.

Post your comments to:

http://www.halesowennews.co.uk/search/display.var.1793285.0.vet_fights_to_wear_medal.php

Stan

Can sombody tell these so called Spokesmen that for the period of the PJM no GSM was issued.

I quote >>> He said veternans who served in Malaysia should have a British general service medal they could wear instead. <<<<< unquote.

Last edited by StanW on Mon Apr 14, 2008 12:18 am; edited 2 times in total
I dont know how many of you saw this evenings TV News, but at the inquest of one of the lads killed by a roadside bomb it was disclosed that a device for detecting such bombs had not been fitted to his vehicle. It seems that as the types of bombs are changed then so must a different detector device. They did have that type which could have detected the one which killed him, but his Unit had chosen to fit another type.

Well 10 days have passed since my last post on this subject.
As requested by the newspaper I did drop by last Monday with details of our fight for the PJM which I left with them.
They said they would give me a bell on the Tuesday:- I am still waiting.

I bought todays paper, had a good scan through it but could not find any mention or pics of the presentation, and no mention of my visit.

I did find this though. Mr Twigg MP named at the front yet again. >>>>

http://iccheshireonline.icnetwork.co.uk/runcorn-widnes/news/tm_headline=mp-twigg-grilled-over-servicemen%26method=full%26objectid=20002034%26siteid=50020-name_page.html

Yes, like the rest of us, I live in hope.

Phredd. = In Arduis Fidelis.

Reply to topic Page 2 of 2
Goto page Previous  1, 2