Image of the PJM Medal
Banner Text = Fight For the Right to Wear the Pingat Jasa Malaysia Medal
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
Sally Keeble MP
Post Sally Keeble MP 
Sally Keeble is the Northampton North Labour MP.

Over the past few months she has been very helpful to me (us) including signing Don Touhig and Michael Mates EDMs.
Since the beginning of October I have written to her twice, and have now had a meeting with her.

She has agreed to co-ordinate her efforts with those of Don Touhig and Ian Pearson including Don Touhig's planned debate.

She has seen the MOD/Guardian article in the MoD Oracle, and she is to write to Ministers with regard to the way that their Civil Servants respond to questions put by journalists and how that response appears, most times, vindictive and inaccurate.

A letter to Des Browne was answered by a civil servant in the Parliamentary Branch of the MOD saying the matter had been transferred to the FCO. To avoid the usual 'run-around', she would write to the Mnister, David Milliburn, presumably, directly to him.

A brilliant bit of persistent lobbying GLOman!......this is the stuff we need!

Yes, well done ! I believe ALL MP's should be sent a copy of the Oracle publication of the Gardian article, along with Barry's brilliant response, as I am sure many MP's when asking questions on this PJM issue simply believe the propaganda fed to them by the MOD/FCO Civil Servants. I have emailed a copy of them both to Gordon Brown, David Miliband, the FCO, and my local MP David Tredinnick.

Well done GLOman.Thanks for all the time and effort you are putting into this campaign.Along with all you other comrades.

Rgds Ray

Post Sally Keeble MP. 
My thanks too, GLOman. Inspiring stuff!

MB

Michael
And this from a current Minister who has changed his view (along with Don Touhig) and now supports our case. How much longer can the H&D Committee hold out against such overwhelming support?

John

Message from Ian Pearson MP

Dear Mr Alders

Ian has asked me to respond to you as he is currently away from the office. He says that he hopes everyone who has been awarded the PJM wears it with pride on Remembrance Day and that he will still press personally, for the official nonsense to be sorted out as soon as possible.

Yours sincerely

Lucy Jordan
Office Administrator

And this is his reply

It's very good the numbers are growing. I will talk to Don T about trying an EDM again soon when we feel the numbers are there.

M

And this is his reply

It's very good the numbers are growing. I will talk to Don T about trying an EDM again soon when we feel the numbers are there.

The Don's last EDM is still currrent!

We are grateful to Michael Ancram for his support, but what we need now is support for The Don to achieve a debate in the Commons.

Barry, I think that he means forcing a debate not an early day motion.

John

Barry, I think that he means forcing a debate not an early day motion.

John

...............Let's hope John, that we can achieve that opportunity for open debate.

Given the already acknowledged cross-party support of so many MP's, in addition to the carefully researched background information that Fight4 is in a position to supply...It is my belief that, in debate, we can 'clean their clock'!

Post Sally Keeble 
I received this, this morning, within 5 days of our meeting. There are some errors which I believe are due to reading from notes other than my briefing notes. However, it appears to carry a great punch, so here it is:

Post Re: Sally Keeble 
GLOman wrote:
I received this, this morning, within 5 days of our meeting. There are some errors which I believe are due to reading from notes other than my briefing notes. However, it appears to carry a great punch ...

It certainly does, Davis. Great lobbying by you. Many thanks, Barry

Let me also stick in my 'Well done' David.....a good job done by Ms Keeble....And a better one by the GLOman!

Post Sally Keeble 
Round and around and around and.................!

Sally wrote to Des Browne, initially on the 25th October 2007. The standard reply given that it was the responsibility of the FCO and her letter would be passed on to them. Subsequent to my meeting with her, Sally again wrote to Des Browne, although I was given the impression that she was writing to David Milliband, however, again, this has been referred to the FCO "We are currently attempting to transfer the correspondence to that Department"? "We will inform you as soon as the transfer has been agreed" - God knows what this means!

Actually, before meeting her when I was preparing my briefing notes, I had scribbled a little note I'd stapled to her letters which said "The beginning of the "Run-around", which she saw and said "that was rather unfair". I explained that time alone would tell. Her second letter (above) has now been put on the 'conveyor belt'!

I do appreciate, very much, her efforts on my/our behalf, and have written to tell her so.

GLOman....it looks as though you, and your MP, have embarked upon the same circuitous path that so many of us have endured in the recent past....and now let me cynically forecast... the answers that your MP Ms Keeble, will receive from the FCO and which she will dutifully refer to you as a response, will be regurgitations of the same formulaic type that we have witnessed so many times before....I do hope that you will not be slow to point out to Ms Keeble MP, when this transpires, that she is being 'stonewalled'?

Knowing you as the tenacious lobbyist that you have proven yourself to be, I cannnot but imagine that Ms Keeble MP is probably in for another 'TĂȘte a tĂȘte'.

Reply to topic Page 1 of 1