Image of the PJM Medal
Banner Text = Fight For the Right to Wear the Pingat Jasa Malaysia Medal
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
Remembrance Day
Post Remembrance Day 
Hello all, I have not posted for some time but look at the web site most days. Just like to say that I was one of those lucky enought to attend the Merdeka day celebrations and to receive my PJM from the Deputy Primister of Malaysia. This Sunday (4th Nov) I attended a Dedication of the Field of Remembrance with the RBL at Truro Cathedral in the presence of the Mayor of Truro and many other dignitarys and I WORN MY PJM. So those of you that will be attending a Remembrance Service and are in receipt of their PJM PLEASE WEAR IT!
Yours in Comradship - Terry

Post Re: Remembrance Day 
So those of you that will be attending a Remembrance Service and are in receipt of their PJM PLEASE WEAR IT!
Yours in Comradship - Terry[/quote]

About 10 of us, most with the PJM, from the Leicester Branch NMBVA with reps from other branches of course will be at the Cenotaph again this year, along with Gen Sir Garry Johnson. According to the NMBVA Web site, Les Padden still has 30 tickets left to Horse Guards. The PJM certainly caused some interest last year and now with more than ever wearing it, it would be great to display it enmass, so to speak, as the NMBVA has its own slot on the Cenotaph parade, again.

Owen Lawrence

Post Remembrance 
Owen
I shall be on parade at Horse Guards on Sunday, wearing my PJM. I am marching with the RAF Apprentice and Boy Entrant Associations contingent but I would like to meet up with as many fellow NMBVA members as possible before we march off. Perhaps we could get a group photo taken? I'll be there from about 09:00 and will be in Column C.
Gerry

Post Re: Remembrance 
GerryL wrote:
Owen
I shall be on parade at Horse Guards on Sunday, wearing my PJM. I am marching with the RAF Apprentice and Boy Entrant Associations contingent but I would like to meet up with as many fellow NMBVA members as possible before we march off. Perhaps we could get a group photo taken? I'll be there from about 09:00 and will be in Column C.
Gerry

Gerry, Good idea, I'll look out for you.

Owen

How about everyone that will be on parade sporting the PJM post a picture here of the event, go for it! Smile

How about everyone that will be on parade sporting the PJM post a picture here of the event, go for it! Smile

Can one of you clever buggers come up on my PM and explain how to do it. I'm OK with text now, but have no luck at all with pictures.

Owen

Can one of you clever buggers come up on my PM and explain how to do it. I'm OK with text now, but have no luck at all with pictures.

Owen[/quote]

Owen

When you press reply [REPLY] to a post you will see the very large text box where you write your reply, under this at the bottom left you will see ADD IMAGE TO YOUR POST, if you click on that and transfer your photo from your hard drive (say from eg your picture or Docs folder) then you are quids in, if you have problems send me a PM and I will give you my email address for you to send me a .jpeg file and I will upload it for you.

Post Phil Cogan and his PJM - Remembrance Day 
Here's a brilliant image of our staunch support Phil Cogan wearing his PJM on special duty at a Remembaance Day parade in Newcastle-upon-Tyne.

Phil sent the piccie with these words:

"Hi. I noted with interest the number of notices posted re the wearing of the PJM at the Cenotaph on Remembrance Sunday. Just to let you know that it was worn with pride in other parts of the country.

I attended the parade in Newcastle upon Tyne and had the honour of laying the wreath at my old regiments memorial (1st Bn Royal Northumberland Fusiliers). There were several veterans from all arms of the services proudly wearing the PJM.

I served in Borneo with 99 Gurkha Infantry Brigade in 1963. My message is to all recipients, wear it, and by doing so show that we at least are grateful to the King and people of Malaysia for the recognition of our part in assisting their country defeat the communist threat. (ex Sgt. Phil Cogan)

Post Re: Phil Cogan and his PJM - Remembrance Day 
BarryF wrote:
Here's a brilliant image of our staunch support Phil Cogan wearing his PJM on special duty at a Remembaance Day parade in Newcastle-upon-Tyne.

While on the web site, have a look at Phil's brilliant images from his Borneo days. They are at:

http://www.fight4thepjm.org/memories_raf_2.htm

The page is a great read with some evocative images from those days in the Far East.

Barry

Better late than never and thanks to the NMBVA and Barry shrinking the file, two photo's, 'Waiting on Horseguards and Marching off'

Owen

Reply to topic Page 1 of 1