Image of the PJM Medal
Banner Text = Fight For the Right to Wear the Pingat Jasa Malaysia Medal
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
Chairman's request for membership assistance
Post Chairman's request for membership assistance 
Dear Fight4 members,

Your organizing team has instructed me to request that Forum participants contact us if they know an elderly/infirm PJMer who has not yet received their PJM.

Each week we'll place names in a hat and we'll send out up to 10 Lapel Pins from our precious, remaining (final) stock of these much-sought-after badges. The badge is definitely not to be considered as a temporary substitute for the medal ... just a small symbolic recognition and a 'Thank You' to an M-B comrade veteran from the organizing team, while delivery of their PJM is awaited.

Nominated M-B veterans do not have to be members of Fight4thePJM ... nor do those doing the nominating ... but they must have applied for their medal in the 'normal' way'.

Nominations should be sent to "badges@fight4thepjm.org" and should include name and snail mail address of the applicant, and approximate date that application for the PJM was made.

Footnote to F4 Members:
Q...What constitutes 'elderly' in the context that we are all old f*rts now?
A...Anyone who appreciates the 'privileges' of senescence and understands that there's a good time coming ... but it's a good time coming!

Post Chairman's Message. 

Last edited by MB on Thu Feb 14, 2008 1:06 pm; edited 1 time in total

I have nominated 2 vets by email to you but I thought I would mention here that just today I was contacted by a daughter of one of my old mates who sadly is no longer with us, to ask me if her Dad would have been entittled to the medal. I was very happy to confirm to her that indeed, he was and I have sent her the NMBVA address where she can obtain the claim form. This contact was the second time in as many week that I have received inquiries re this medal entittlement so perhaps members of this forum could check with their friends, and the friends of those friends,.... I am sure there are many entittled veterans who have never heard of the PJM.

Cheers,

Ken

Well done Ken.....I agree fully....there must be many eligible recipients who remain totally unaware of their entitlement.....and that regrettable situation may also be laid squarely upon the MoD , for it was the MoD that decided they were not going to involve themselves in any aspect of the distribution of medals....(Well, save for invoking measures to purposely delay and derail the process set up by veterans themselves).

Reply to topic Page 1 of 1