Image of the PJM Medal
Banner Text = Fight For the Right to Wear the Pingat Jasa Malaysia Medal
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
More Déjà Vu ...
Post More Déjà Vu ... 
Remember the latest and oft-repeated offering from Richard Coney when, in trying to defend the indefensible PJM no-wear recommendation to which he was party, he tried to compare the PJM with the Saudi medal for Kuwait? (Mr Coney … that’s Pingat Jasa Malaysia … it’s Malay … it’s Foreign … it’s Commonwealth … it’s Commemorative … it’s not British … it’s not Campaign … and it should NOT, as you try for your devious reasons, be considered under British Campaign Medal rules)

Ever tried to work out why he would want to compare an apple with an orange? I can’t. Unless it’s to try and mislead the reader and to divert attention from fair medallic comparisons, as with the PJM and the Russian 40th Anny Medal, and the PJM and the Malta 50th Anny medal, and the PJM and the Accumulated Campaign Service Medal etc etc.

Well, if you think this is a new devious ‘thinking’ by the civil servants, read this paper from The National Archives! Here we have exactly the same “Foul! What about the Saudi medal” crie de coeur. They got themselves in a right medal muddle in the 1960’s. Here they are saying:

“… Circumstances have forced us to award our own Medals …” So anyone with a GSM for Southern Arabia now knows that HMG never wanted them to have it – the decision was forced on them! I bet that makes our servicemen and women feel good about what they achieved.

“ … in consequence we were driven back again to the non-duplication rule …” NB This is about the British Campaign Medal double medal rule – not the PJM. But is does emphasise our point that rules are invoked when it suits them. They fall back on the 5-year and double medal rules when they want to deny an honour to ordinary men and women.

“ … have under urgent consideration institution of a new clasp … to recognise operational service in West Malaysia …” They had to do this because the Malaysians (and the Sultan of Brunei) had made it known that they wanted to offer the Brits their own medal and so the Brits had to get in quick. As soon as the British GSM clasp was announced, the Malaysian and Brunei medals were turned down on double medal rules!

What a tangled web they weave! What an addled egg they scramble!

No wonder Parliament wants to make them accountable.

What disgusting individuals civil serpents really are! Words cannot convey the disdain in which I hold these w-----s!

John

Every MP should have a copy of this one, it shows and proves the contempt these ********s have for the Armed Forces.

Last edited by Paul Alders on Thu Jun 19, 2008 3:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Aye that will be why we received the GSM with Borneo clasp first and had the Malaya Pen. Clasp added later.

Cameron

I have deleted my previous post because it contained inaccuracies. However, I still think that it is time that we were rid of both the churlish principles and churlish principals of the HD committee and those who constitute it by virtue of their ceremonial day jobs; my remarks regarding their schoolgirlie, juvenile petulance, still stand.

Civil Servants, please note my honest action in publically withdrawing statements which are inaccurate in details; why not follow my example?

David

Now come on David. That will take a considerable amount of honsty, moral standing, intelligence and guts !!!

I think Hell will freeze over before "they" are able to demonstrate those qualities.

One can always hope though that they may follow your example. Rolling Eyes

Kuching.
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1