Image of the PJM Medal
Banner Text = Fight For the Right to Wear the Pingat Jasa Malaysia Medal
Reply to topic Page 11 of 11
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11
Article in Malaysian press today.
Post Collage of Arms 
LaurieB wrote:
The other two medals were the 1939/45 Star and the Burma Star. The latter two medals were awarded to all members of the MPAJA who had assisted the Allied war effort against the Japanese in occupied Malaya.

Hmm ... so Chin Peng has been double medalled! And can wear both.

Not only that, the 'Collage' of Arms with which he was presented while earning his double medals ensured he could start a 'war' that lasted for 18 years and cost hundreds of innocent lives.

But I don't think he was wearing his 'gongs' (a Malay word by the way) when we were playing hide n seek with him on the Thai border.

I'm delighted to note that Barry confined his investigations into the whereabouts of Chin Peng to the areas of Perlis, Kedah, Perak and Kelantan.....this demonstrates the sophistication of the British Military's disposition of available manpower resources.....While Barry was playing hide and seek 'up North' I was assiduously employed in investigating the interior aspects of every bar on Batu Road....with frequent associated brief sorties into similar establishments in Singapore.....Nary a trace of Chin Peng did I find therein, to my deep and eternal regret.....My assumption was that he was clearly not a 'Tiger man'.

I'm delighted to note that Barry confined his investigations into the whereabouts of Chin Peng to the areas of Perlis, Kedah, Perak and Kelantan.....this demonstrates the sophistication of the British Military's disposition of available manpower resources.....While Barry was playing hide and seek 'up North' I was assiduously employed in investigating the interior aspects of every bar on Batu Road....with frequent associated brief sorties into similar establishments in Singapore.....Nary a trace of Chin Peng did I find therein, to my deep and eternal regret.....My assumption was that he was clearly not a 'Tiger man'.

Aye Jock, and we never got to fight him in Nanto's Cafe, nor the Happy Cabaret in Kuala Lumpur. Andy.

http://www.thestar.com.my/news/story.asp?file=/2009/4/30/nation/20090430170758&sec=nation

http://thestar.com.my/metro/story.asp?file=/2009/6/18/north/4143448&sec=North

http://thestar.com.my/metro/story.asp?file=/2009/6/18/north/4112595&sec=North

From the Star's website today:

Thanks for posting those two poignant stories, Laurie. We are always very interested to hear news from Malaysia.

Barry

Post Malaysain Press 
Dear Laurie.
Thanks for posting the account about Tom Turnbull . Although both of us were serving with Malay Police we never met , but through the magic of the internet, I have been in contacted with him for some time now. When Tom was serving with a Police Jungle Company, he along with another Brit platoon commander built Fort Legap, which was the first of the official twelve jungle forts to be built, and after all these years it is still there . But where before it was an armed stockade where no one moved without their automatic ,it is now a centre for the Orang Asli. For your interest Fort Legap /Pos Legap, is postioned northish of Lasah Perak , on the Sg Legap at MR VE 12 13.

Roy

Barry, Roy, glad those were of interest. Almost missed them! Will post anymore that I come across.

Roy hope the book is going well. Look forward to reading it.

Laurie. I too would like to thank you for your frequent updates. It is great to know that the efforts of a National Service soldier of 52+ years ago are still in some way remembered. There were many of us back then and those still left are very proud to have made a difference. Keep the news coming.

As for the efforts of the NS soldier of 52+ years ago still being appreciated, just ask the guys who attended the 50th Merdeka celebrations here about the reception they received. Rest assured, those efforts are not forgotten, either by young or old Malaysians. They are still very much appreciated.

My wife and I was at the Medeka celebrations in KL, the Malaysians treated us with the greatest of respect.
Every one of us Veterans said it was like coming home. The Malaysian knows their history; young children coming up to us placing their hand on their heart and thanking us.

Reply to topic Page 11 of 11
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11