Image of the PJM Medal
Banner Text = Fight For the Right to Wear the Pingat Jasa Malaysia Medal
Reply to topic Page 17 of 17
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17
Let's Zap'Em
Post Re: Don Touhig's debate 
Kentsboro wrote:
I received a letter from Sandra Gidley on 17th December regarding the Don's debate on Tuesday 11th December. My apologies for the late publication, but I have been offline since about 12th November for technical reasons far too boring to even consider. Suffice to say if anyone is thinkiing of changing to Pipex - don't bother!

She enclosed the extract from Hansard Column 25WH to Column 42WH.

Thank you Tony for posting this.....Ms Gidley MP has been and remains, a staunch supporter and her promise of continuing activism is most encouraging....In addition, Ms Gidley isn't the only one who is going to continue the work for the ultimate justice for all recipients of the PJM.

At the risk of appearing somewhat repetitive let me once again openly state that we, members of the Fight4, are NOT going to go away.....!

Post Re: In explanation 
'Jock' Fenton wrote:
This posting is made in response to panicky emails received from members, unable to access my previous post...Permit me to assure all and sundry that the inaccessibility of the foregoing is not, as variously suggested:

....as the result of a hostile New Year's coup of the Chairman's office by a dissident faction of disgruntled Committee members (although I make no rash promises or pronouncements)

....indicative of the possibility that I may, finally, have succumbed to the cumulative effects of over-indulgence in Single Malt.

....neither does it indicate that I have been suspended 'sine-die' for posting articles of a salacious and/or insensitive nature.

....Personally I think it's just one of those occasional 'glitches' that happen on even the best of Websites every now and again...?

Sincerely.

You are right, Jock ... it was a gremlin in the works! I have copied your posts so they are now visible. Barry

Post Re: In explanation 
BarryF wrote:
You are right, Jock ... it was a gremlin in the works! I have copied your posts so they are now visible. Barry

.....Thank you for the assistance Barry.....Once again it becomes obvious to me that my efforts are greatly enhanced by the fact that you 'have my back'!

Post Re, re in explanation. 

Last edited by MB on Fri Feb 15, 2008 10:51 am; edited 1 time in total

Post Re Don Touhig's debate. 

Last edited by MB on Fri Feb 15, 2008 10:50 am; edited 1 time in total

Not exactly 'momentous' perhaps Mike....but I would remind you of that ancient Scottish wisdom.
...'Mony a mickle mak's a muckle!'

Post Muckle & mickle. 

Last edited by MB on Fri Feb 15, 2008 10:49 am; edited 1 time in total

Post Re: Muckle & mickle. 
MB wrote:
Yes indeed, Jock......exactly what I thought when I opened the letter.....but in the Erse it comes oot as....."mhor o' beg".....which will confuse our comrades even further. Let us settle on...."GREAT OAKS FROM LITTLE ACORNS GROW."

Mike.

The English translation of this is basically many little things make a lot of things. It is very old Scots and is used mainly on the East Coast of Scotland and the outlying islands such as Shetland and Orkney, but it is not in common use. Historically it was used by George Washington in 1793, when he was writing about aggragates. Some (English) lexicographers feel that it is actually wrong and he was confused about the words mickle and muckle. But muckle is still used on old Scots vernacular today and is prevalent in some Scottish dialects. So it does make sense when viewed from the Scottish perspective: but the English seem to think its all a bit muddled !

Post Lets Zap Em 
I'm up for it...........Terry.....Winchester

Reply to topic Page 17 of 17
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17