Image of the PJM Medal
Banner Text = Fight For the Right to Wear the Pingat Jasa Malaysia Medal
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
Ministry of Deranged.
Post Ministry of Deranged. 
On 15th February, 2011, in the House of Lords written questions were asked by Lord Don Touhig. You can see them all if you go to They Work for You - Lord Touhig.

The subjects were the PJM and also the email sackings of some army personnel recently. This is what Lord Paddy Ashdown had to say -

Lord Ashdown of Norton-sub-Hamdon (Liberal Democrat)
My Lords, it is not necessary to agree with the noble Lord, Lord Tunnicliffe, that somehow or another the armed services could have been excused from the cuts that unfortunately the Government had to tackle with urgency as a result of the economic situation that we were in. Nevertheless, it can be accepted, as I hope the Minister will, that there is something in what the noble Lord said: that this was symptomatic of a deeper problem. Is not that deeper problem, frankly, that the MoD is no longer fit for purpose? It is not fit for purpose because the previous Government failed simply, consistently and over many years to deal with deep dysfunctionalities in that organisation? Does that not place on this Government the urgent need substantially to review the whole Ministry of Defence in order to solve what is basically a broken organisation?

Seems our Noble Lords are just realizing what we at the PJM have been preaching for the past six years. Do you think something will now be done, don't hold your breath.

Post They Work For You...if allowed. 
Interesting stuff, Andy. Have just followed your link to see what was said re the PJM and got this response......

Apologies, search has been turned off currently for "performance" reasons. (my quotes) so will certainly not hold my breath. Perhaps Lords Touhig and Ashdown performed too well, just as we have over the past six years. What use is a MoD that is running-scared?

Just in case others want to read it may I put this link up >>>

http://www.theyworkforyou.com/wrans/?id=2011-02-15a.130.4&s=speaker%3A10600#g130.5

Thanks again and may the fight go on.

Fred

Reply to topic Page 1 of 1