Image of the PJM Medal
Banner Text = Fight For the Right to Wear the Pingat Jasa Malaysia Medal
Reply to topic Page 4 of 4
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
MoD Medals Review - The Fight4THePJM Submission! UPDATED!
Post Questions in Parliament 
Well done to Madelaine Moon for continuing to press on our behalf.

http://www.theyworkforyou.com/debates/?id=2011-09-15a.1192.0&s=pingat+jasa+malaysia#g1201.6

I have just added to following annotation :-

I can do no better than support the previous comment.
This "sleight of hand" has been going on for many years. Years in which a number recipients have passed away without having their right to wear the Pingat Jasa Malaysia confirmed.

All other Commonwealth forces awarded the PJM have been given the right to wear their medal with pride by Her Majesty, yet British Veterans alone have had this right denied them. As have the families of 519 members of those forces who made the supreme sacrifice.

We did not seek this medal yet it was awarded by the Agong and people of Malaysia for our service to their country in their time of great need, but we continue to insult them by singularly refusing to allow this medal to be officially worn.

Shame on the unelected Civil Servants of the Honours and Decorations committee who prolong this disgrace.

The support of Madelaine Moon, Lord Touhig and the majority of Members of Parliament is very much appreciated.

Kuching.

I, too, have made an annotation ....

Dear Madeleine,

There are 35,000 ex-servicemen and women, and next of kin, out here in the autumn of our lives and we are very grateful to you for prodding this government to deliver what they said they would deliver for the Pingat Jasa Malaysia. It will cost this country nothing.

Sir George Young may be able to focus on enjoying his summer, but many of those ex-servciemen and women cannot. Time is slipping away for them and I hear daily of PJMers who have 'faded away' without hearing that this shameful situation has been rectified.

So, Sir George, put a Spring in your step and bring some of that sunshine to us by helping get 'this official nonsense' sorted out (that quote is by the very minister who was responsible for the PJM recommendation but who now sees the flaws and inconsistencies in the recommendation he was briefed to promulgate).
- - - -

I hope others will add their thoughts at this important tiome for the PJM.

Reply to topic Page 4 of 4
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4