Image of the PJM Medal
Banner Text = Fight For the Right to Wear the Pingat Jasa Malaysia Medal
Reply to topic Page 2 of 5
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Fight4thePJM - Last Posts
Post last post's 
It is with sadness that I append this post, but thanks to all the comitteefor their hard work.I would like to say It was a great Campaign, perhaps we should get a medal for fighting it(only joking)thanks once again.

Post Fight4thePJM - I, too, salute you all 
I want to register my total admiration for those who stuck with this fight, and won.

There were times when many of us thought we might not win, but the leaders of Fight4thePJM never gave up.

My thanks go to Paul (who chatted up the girls at Buck House), John (of Rafforum fame), John (who fought from Oz), John (who fought from within the RBL), Gerry (who, I am told, brought The Don on-side) and to Hamish (who gets a special gong for his vital work with the War Lords which was reported to me by Barry).

I haven't forgotten Barry. He did alright too!

May you all enjoy a long and hearty future. You deserve it.

Scouserkev

Post Last but one Post 
Well good people this is my last but one post, and it has been an honour to share humour and memories with you all, Your support for my dark days of cancer helped me no end and reminded me that there is always something worth fighting for, as was our PJM confrontation with the Honours and Decoreations Committee and the Civil Serpents

My thoughts go to those who are no longer with us, and their contribution to our fight, and I know that even though they were no longer with us, they were still in the fight.

Fair winds to all and God go with you

Arthur Rambart-Spicer

Post A WELL DESERVED CONCLUSION 
Way back in the 50's and 60's our Servicemen and women serving in Malaysia needed guts,determination,strength,cunning,discipline,ingenuity and above all team-work to achieve what most recall as one of our military success stories.

Fast forward to modern times and these same virtues have succeeded again.

WELL DONE LADS

MIKE OSTLER,
RAF Borneo
"dit dah dit dah dit"

Post Re: A WELL DESERVED CONCLUSION 
ostler1 wrote:
Way back in the 50's and 60's our Servicemen and women serving in Malaysia needed guts,determination,strength,cunning,discipline,ingenuity and above all team-work to achieve what most recall as one of our military success stories.

Fast forward to modern times and these same virtues have succeeded again.

WELL DONE LADS

MIKE OSTLER

Mike,

I think this picture of our stalwart supporter, David Dilley aka GLOman, is a perfect illustration of the qualities you set out - guts,determination,strength,cunning,discipline,ingenuity - all of those were needed to (a) have this piccie taken this Remembrance weekend and (b) get it to us from his hospital bed!

David sent this message:

"For all members of the NMBVA Leicester Branch and Barry Fleming for all his wonderful efforts in securing the right to wear the PJM."

It is all very, very humbling - and makes the last 6 or so years of battle worthwhile.

Barry

Last edited by BarryF on Mon Nov 14, 2011 5:01 pm; edited 1 time in total

This has moved me to tears Barry as I had corresponded with David on several occasions, can I ask that you keep the forum open for a while longer so that those who might not have the opportunity on a daily basis to read this can do so and reply

I am not going to mention any Civil Servants names on here, you know who you are SHAME ON YOU Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

Post Fight4thePJM to stay open until January 
John Cooper wrote:
This has moved me to tears Barry as I had corresponded with David on several occasions, can I ask that you keep the forum open for a while longer so that those who might not have the opportunity on a daily basis to read this can do so and reply

John,

Absolutely right.

This website and forum will now stay open through the Christmas period and New Year - i.e. at least until January.

I have asked David's daughter Lisa for a Sitrep and will report.

Barry

I have just had an email from Tony Davies' daughter to say that, although photos of the Davies family were taken of most of them wearing Tony's gongs yesterday, the nasty gremlins got into the computer after the photos had been down-loaded and the camera put back to "No Image". The computer fettlers are due in later this week and I am standing by to put piccies of family and gongs on this site ASAP.

With tongue in cheek I am also hoping that this Christmas, the first since 2006, we might get another (1914 type) Christmas truce gesture from the Civil Serpents. They sent their message before the "No Speak" clampdown...and I hope that if they cannot manage a Christmas repeat in 2011...we might manage a dignified New Year Message to them before we get out of their hair.

Post To Sir with lurve 
And another thanks.

MB wrote:
...With tongue in cheek I am also hoping that this Christmas, the first since 2006, we might get another (1914 type) Christmas truce gesture from the Civil Serpents. They sent their message before the "No Speak" clampdown...and I hope that if they cannot manage a Christmas repeat in 2011...we might manage a dignified New Year Message to them before we get out of their hair.
Odd you should say that ... just picked up a CW transmission on the old C11/R210, the one I seem to have neglected to hand back when we pulled out of Keningau (see "The way we were" topic, elsewhere) anyway it came with the header "ZXY Serpents" and you might, indeed, like to relay it - as it asks with that Z code - in the above circumstances. It says:

... . .-. .--. . -. - / -....- / -.-. --- .. .-.. / .- -. -.. / ... --.- ..- .. .-. -- / .- -. -.. / .... .. ... ... --..-- / -.-- --- ..- .-. / -.. .. ... -.-. --- -- ..-. --- .-. - / .- -- --- ..- -. - ... / - --- / - .... .. ... ---... / .. ..-. / -.-- --- ..- .-. / .... . .- -.. / .-- .- ... / .- .-.. .-.. / .- ..-. .. .-. . --..-- / .. ..-. / -.. --- ..- ... .. -. --. / .-- .- ... / -.-- --- ..- .-. / -. . . -.. / -- --- ... - / -.. .. .-. . --..-- / -. --- / -.. . -.-. . -. - / -- .- -. / .-- --- ..- .-.. -.. / .-- .- ... - . / .... .. ... / .--. .. ... ... .-.-.-

What? I did say CW didn't I? All right, just open http://morsecode.scphillips.com/translator.html in another tab or window, copy the above and paste into the box (after "Input text:") and hit the "Submit" button. But pass on only if they don't play nice - we don't want to hurt any tender feelings now, do we?

Thanks for reinstalling my password Barry as felt I would like to make a final note before you close off. I have been a regular viewer following your amazing and persistent struggle against the gnomes of Whitehall for many years – and I am in awe of you all. It can’t be that often that a small group of disaffected “punters” takes on city hall and wins. What a victory...my heartiest congratulations to you all.

Living in Oz it didn’t bother me that I could wear the PJM without permission on Anzac day as I was among Aussie recipients, but it is nice to know that all my British comrades can now wear it with pride – and I am sure that it will now be much more prized (if that is possible) and certainly worn with a little more fervour especially when in the vicinity of any public service personnel.

Many thanks again and kind regards to you all.

Peter Chamberlain (pedro)

Thank you all for the hard work that you have all done over the last seven years and it was a real privilege for both Ray & I to wear our PJM's with pride at all the services and Parades we attended over the Rememberance week-end. Sorry that the website will be going ('Laughing')

Best wishes to you all.

Thank you all for the hard work that you have all done over the last seven years and it was a real privilege for both Ray & I to wear our PJM's with pride (Legally at last!) at all the services and Parades we attended over the Rememberance week-end. Sorry that the website will be going ('Laughing')

Best wishes to you all.

This past six years have been an eye opener regarding how this country of our's is run and the lies that have been given by the HD committee but thank god to this website the truth has prevailed, I cannot thank the website enough and I shall miss it greatly when it finally closes, so god bless all the PJMer's where ever they are and the fight4thePJM committee.

Post David 
And here is David, featured in the Malaysian newspaper, The Star.

I think it says it all about our stalwart supporter.

http://thestar.com.my/metro/story.asp?file=/2011/11/17/north/9918624&sec=north

Barry

Reply to topic Page 2 of 5
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next