Image of the PJM Medal
Banner Text = Fight For the Right to Wear the Pingat Jasa Malaysia Medal
Reply to topic Page 7 of 7
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Victory! You will be able to wear your PJM
Post A Postscript 
I have just posted this on another thread ....

Before I fade away, here is more good news on which to start the New Year. Forget the 1st and 2nd IA's ... howzabout this for a new 3rd IA on the brengun - chuck the bl**dy thing away as not fit for purpose!

And that is exactly what has happened. Brengun Brennan is no longer Head of the Honours and Appointments Secretariat in the Cabinet Office. And he left with, in its Order classification, a 3rd grade gong.

So I’d like to think that that was another victory for the PJM and for PJMers – and for common sense. Brennan was never going to give us a fair hearing and he made the mistake of telling me I should be more grateful for what they (he and his HD Committee) had done for British veterans. What a t*t! He had no idea what the Military Covenant was about and, as I pointed out to him, he was at odds with HM because he didn’t want the PJM to be wearable and She did. He was out of date and now he’s out of time and out of his previous job. In my view he was not fit for purpose.

With that piece of jetsam (I choose my words carefully here – this was not flotsam cos I believe it was chucked overboard and so I think that makes it jetsam) out of the way, the seaways are now clear for the British Honours System to be brought into the 21st Century; for those administering the system to be made accountable; for those civilians in the system to understand what the Military Covenant means and no longer to treat service personnel with contempt.

When I heard the news, did I feel vindictive? Bl**dy right I did. We witnessed men dying waiting for the news that I believe that man hoped would never be promulgated.

This latest news is the icing on the cake and we still have to submit our paper on the HD Committee. But nothing is going to spoil this wonderful moment. So thanks to everyone who has helped make all this happen. I will never forget.

Barry

If he had had any intestinal fortitude he would have declined.

But as he hasn't declined we know why.

We are fast approaching the first anniversary [26th October] where our campaign finally succeeded, so may I raise my glass to you all on that day

CHEERS!! Very Happy

Cheers to you John and all PJM ers, not forgetting those who are no longer with us.

Sadly the injustices go on.

http://www.yorkpress.co.uk/news/9997523.Arctic_Convoy_veteran_denied_war_medal/

I have just done a stinger in the local paper in comment on this article. I told them who to blame and where to look on the web to see our story.!!!

Hope you are all well and...............hell I miss this site. Rolling Eyes

John

Kuching.
Cheers to you John and all PJM ers, not forgetting those who are no longer with us.

I have just done a stinger in the local paper in comment on this article. I told them who to blame and where to look on the web to see our story.!!!

Hope you are all well and...............hell I miss this site. Rolling Eyes

John

Kuching.

Hope you are all well and...............hell I miss this site. :roll:

John

Kuching.
Reply to topic Page 7 of 7
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7