Image of the PJM Medal
Banner Text = Fight For the Right to Wear the Pingat Jasa Malaysia Medal
Reply to topic Page 3 of 3
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Contact with M.P.
I emailed the following to the cabinet plus a few other MPs this morning.

MPs,
Must we keep insulting the People of Malaysia by refusing to let 35,000 British Veterans plus the Ghurkha’s wear the Pingat Jasa Malaysia Medal (PJM) New Zealand & Australian Veterans are allowed to wear this medal which is awarded to all Commonwealth Forces that defended Malaysia from 1956 to 1966.

This is going to turn into a full scale diplomatic incident if this is not sorted out soon.
Mr Richard Coney a Civil Servant in the MOD has been ordered not to talk to the Malaysian authorities by his boss Rear Admiral P. J. Wilkinson, also a civil servant.

What the hell is going on when civil servants dictate Government policy?

Malaysia is a pro-western Islamic state and we do not have too many of them around at the moment so why do we have to upset them especially when they are paying the full cost of this award.

Not only do I look forward to your reply on this issue I ask you all to sort it out before it goes tits up.

Post Reply from David Tredinnick MP for Bosworth 
Gerry's letter is almost word for word as the one I have just received from my MP. He too ends his letter by saying the wearing of foriegn medals is not policed and it is up to those concerned if they chose to do so - Which I shall, with or without official permission.

Post Re: Reply from David Tredinnick MP for Bosworth 
Redcapfred wrote:
Gerry's letter is almost word for word as the one I have just received from my MP. He too ends his letter by saying the wearing of foriegn medals is not policed and it is up to those concerned if they chose to do so - Which I shall, with or without official permission.

Welcome aboard RCF, music to our ears................... Wink

John Cooper wrote:

Yes - I'll second that.

That final para you quote is supposed to keep us all quiet!

No chance.

BarryF wrote:
John Cooper wrote:

Yes - I'll second that.

That final para you quote is supposed to keep us all quiet!

No chance.

Welcome Redcapfred. Can we guess what unit you served in? If it wasn't so important it would be amusing when "they" say you can't do something because we say you can't, but we can't do anything about it if you defy us. It has been the philosophy of the bully since Eve first gave Adam her Cox's Pippin. I remember a bully at my school who made our lives a misery by demanding money, sweets and total domination to his every word. One day I refused his demand for my bag of sweets and I asked him what he was going to do about it. He said he would thump me. I said "go ahead" and he took a swing at me. I ducked and caught him a beauty right in his gut. He was in agony for several minutes. Neither myself nor my friends ever suffered at his hands again. I wonder which department in Whitehall employs him these days.

Reply to topic Page 3 of 3
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3