Image of the PJM Medal
Banner Text = Fight For the Right to Wear the Pingat Jasa Malaysia Medal
Reply to topic Page 2 of 2
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Hello sailor: Royal Navy finally takes part in gay pride
Post Re: ROYAL NAVY IN GAY PRIDE MARCH 
George F wrote:
It seems unusual for one branch of the armed forces allowing RN personnel to wear uniform and medals and the Army & RAF forbidding it. Looks like the MOD have a big problem here, and I doubt we have heard the end of this one.

Bloody typical! The MoD has a hidden 'a-gender' yet again and, when it's outed, no doubt we'll be able to spot the next 'alternatives' from the number of 'medals' they wear! How many ships, with or without wheels, do you have to serve in to get as many gongs as that Petty Officer in such a short space of time? He doesn't look a day over eight bells. 'They' are telling PJMers they can't wear their gong because too many medals have been issued ... Not in our day, squire, they weren't. Two medals was a pretty good harvest ... nowadays, it's two medal bars. Medals were in short supply, as were acronyms for types of 'sexuality'.

The MoD managed to find the ultimate cop-out ... "sexuality should not be an issue". In the context of that article, I don't see how 'issue' can come into it.

Barry

Barry, anybody living in Northern Ireland can apply for an Irish passport.

I'm on my way, George!

[quote="BarryF"][quote="George F"]Barry, anybody living in Northern Ireland can apply for an Irish passport. [/quote]

I'm on my way, George![/quote]

1. Does this break the two passport rule.
2. Do you have to live in NI for five years first.

Post .. 

Last edited by ro5=6372 on Sun Dec 03, 2006 12:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post Hello Sailor 
Does this mean it may be compulsory soon to be...............'gay'before they enlist into the Navy?
Gay used to mean "Happy and carefree"now I'm scared to be happy and carefree in case someone thinks I'm?????

OK OK I know this way to the tower. Arrow [/u][/b]

Post Routine response from Margaret Beckett's sec'y 
Just rec'd by email...in response to my letter of July 04....another formulaic letter in response...hope they don't think that now I'll just go away???

8 August 2006
Rm OAB 1/62
Old Admiralty Building
Spring Gardens
London, SW1A 2PA

Tel: 020 7008 1028
Fax: 020 7008 0971
E-mail: Caron.Mason-Mahon@fco.gov.uk

Mr JG Fenton
328 Hillcroft Street
OshawaOntario
Canada
LIG 2L9

Dear Mr Fenton

Thank you for your letter of 4 July to the Foreign Secretary about the Pingat Jasa Malaysia (PJM). I have been asked to reply, as the Honours Secretariat is responsible for the administration of the Rules governing the accepting and wearing of non-British awards. I apologise for the lateness of my reply.

Each request for British citizens to be permitted to receive and wear a non-British award is considered on its merits, in the light of the Rules governing the accepting and wearing of non-British awards, taking into account any special circumstances at the time of the request. There is no entitlement to any non-British award.

Generally speaking, neither accepting nor wearing a non-British award is permitted when the events relating to the medal in question took place more than 5 years before initial consideration and/or when a British medal has been awarded for the same service.

The exception to the Rules recommended by the Committee on the Grant of Honours, Decorations and Medals (HD) with regard to the PJM seeks to recognise the generous gesture by the Malaysians authorities while preserving the integrity of the British Honours System – a key point of which is that only one medal may be worn in recognition of a particular event or action.

The wearing of non-British awards is not policed, and no law is broken if an individual wears such an award, even though official permission to do so may not have been given. It is a matter for the individual concerned whether they wish to wear the PJM on this basis.

Yours sincerely

Caron Mason-Mahon
Deputy Honours Secretary
Protocol Directorate

Looks like 320 emails from Caron were sent at the same time, its like going into Asda/Walmart and getting a BOGOF, I wish they would

Reply to topic Page 2 of 2
Goto page Previous  1, 2