Image of the PJM Medal
Banner Text = Fight For the Right to Wear the Pingat Jasa Malaysia Medal
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
Remember Mark Harper?
Post Remember Mark Harper? 
Do you remember that letter written by the Conservative Shadow Veteran’s Minister, Mark Harper, in which he supported the Labour Government position on the PJM?

Well, after some stirling lobbying by John Ireland, we have now ascertained through my MP, Richard Benyon, that Mark Harper is now onside!

Richard Benyon reports that Mark Harper is sympathetic to our cause. That may be some distance from active support, but he has had the courage to review his thinking in the light of all the evidence.

We can ask no more.

Errr ... Oh yes we can … where’s me quill? I think it is in order to write and to thank him for his support and would he have a word in his opposite number’s (Derek Twigg's) shell-like about supporting Don Touhig.

Mark is a Shadow Minister and so in my view it’s OK to contact him even if you do not live in his constituency. If anyone else wants to email or write his addy info is: harperm@parliament.uk

Into snail mail? Try:

Mark Harper MP
House of Commons
LONDON
SW1A 0AA

Or Tel: 01594 542800

Or visit his web site and leave a message at

http://www.markharper.org.uk

Don’t forget to leave your full address.

Barry

PS: Please be gentle with him. He’s not used to receiving supportive messages!

Last edited by BarryF on Wed Nov 15, 2006 4:49 pm; edited 1 time in total

Last edited by ro5=6372 on Sun Dec 03, 2006 11:26 am; edited 1 time in total
IT ITS HUMBLE PIE HE'S EATING,SUGGEST HE TRIES A BIGGER BITE,AT THE RISK OF IT GETTING STUCK IN THROAT,THATS ME BEING SYMPATHETIC TO HIS CAUSE.SEEMS LIKE A PRESSED MAN,NOT A VOLUNTEER. Exclamation

That was my reaction, too.

He did not take one pace forward and volunteer. Others had to go to him and haul him out of his hidey-hole by his armpits.

They demanded a fair hearing - and, to be fair, they got one.

Anyway, we now have it on record that he is sympathetic to our cause - in which case, if this ever comes up for debate or an Early Day Motion ... no, that's not what you are thinking (but which reminds me ... where's our EDM Mr Touhig?), I expect to see young Mr Harper in the trenches, bayonet fixed.

These are small steps forward and, if seen in isolation, do not seem to add up to much. But picture this lobbying going on all over the country and the impact is quite different. We are each generating a massive amount of discussion and support. In total, we hope to achieve a critical mass of support that leads to the political will to change this discredited decision.

Thanks for your continuing support.

Barry

Reply to topic Page 1 of 1