Banner Text = Fight For the Right to Wear the Pingat Jasa Malaysia Medal
Reply to topic Page 1 of 2
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Royal Prerogative
Post Re: Royal Prerogative 
George F wrote:
In foreign affairs,

George,

Your reference to the Royal Prerogative is timely.

We are about to hear whether our 'appeal' has succeeded in enabling British citizens to wear their PJM with the Queen's approval.

If the result is negative, and if the result is promulgated on the authority of the Foreign Secretary, that specifically means that Mrs Beckett has exercised the Royal Prerogative given her by the MOnarchy in order to dismiss our Petition to The Queen?

How does that work in a Democratic Monarchy situation.

It's enough to send Arthur R-S off to see his shrink!

Thanks for your continuing support at this critical time.

Barry

George F wrote:
The attorney general announced in December 1996 that the government would no longer claim immunity on a class basis and certificates would only be used when disclosure would cause "real damage or harm"

George,

A very useful reference, indeed.

The PM, in his Nov 7th reply to David Mundell stating the PJM Recommendation was so sensitive that it had to remain secret, was misled by civil servants. Why? What have they said or done about the Malaysian Medal that is so damning that the release of the Recommendation (NB not the discussions leading thereto) would cause "real damage or harm".

I suspect that a number of letters are being drafted even as we speak ...

Barry

BarryF wrote:
George F wrote:
The attorney general announced in December 1996 that the government would no longer claim immunity on a class basis and certificates would only be used when disclosure would cause "real damage or harm"

George,

A very useful reference, indeed.

The PM, in his Nov 7th reply to David Mundell stating the PJM Recommendation was so sensitive that it had to remain secret, was misled by civil servants. Why? What have they said or done about the Malaysian Medal that is so damning that the release of the Recommendation (NB not the discussions leading thereto) would cause "real damage or harm".

I suspect that a number of letters are being drafted even as we speak ...

Barry

Why SECRET?

1> Was it because a Baroness rejected the PJM Before it was officially offered

2> Was it because someone other than The Queen signed the order?

3> Was it because files from The National Archives went 'walkabout'?

4> ??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

George F wrote:
BarryF wrote:
What have they said or done about the Malaysian Medal that is so damning that the release of the Recommendation (NB not the discussions leading thereto) would cause "real damage or harm". Barry

Exactly Barry,

But, if the result by the end of this month is to prove negative, what is plan B?

George F

A pitchfork for me George! Shocked, but I will let others answer this serious question first!

If we went down that route, and I for one would be more than willing to do so, a simple donation to a fighting fund of say a tenner a head would bring in many, many thousands in the first instance!

A class action could then be brought which is where one name plus 'others' is the appellant. Any good lawyer and Barrister would be interested in this type of action for the publicity alone and may just waive fees. This type of action if succesful would mean that costs would be held against the loser (hopefully the government) and compensation would be paid to each individual involved ie the nominal roll. This could prove very expensive to HMG but failure would place us in the same position.

John

LET IT EVOLVE,JUST LIKE GOV STRATEGY.YOU CAN BET YOUR BOTTOM DOLLAR,THAT IT IS PROBABLY DONE AND DUSTED,RIGHT NOW.WHAT WILL BE HAPPENING IS SOMETHING LIKE THIS,AT VAST EXPENSE,THE MIDNIGHT OIL WILL BE BEING BURNT,TO COUNTER ANY LOGICAL ARGUMENT PUT FORWARD,BUILD YOU UP TO KNOCK YOU DOWN,TAKE MONTHS TO MAKE A DECISION,THEN GIVE YOU THE AFTERNOON TO MAKE YOURS,A WEARING DOWN PROCESS OF ATTRITION OF WILL,TO REINFORCE THE ALREADY FLAWED DECISION. THIS IS NOT DEFEATIST! HAS ANYONE,ANYONE AN EXAMPLE,OF THE STATE SAYING SORRY,WE COCKED UP Question HMMM,IT AIN'T VERY NOISY OUT THERE,--------YET.I MEAN WHAT FAITH CAN YOU HAVE IN A SYSTEM, THAT SPENDS £20,000 QUID TO OUTFIT A HIGH COURT JUDGE,TO MAKE HIM LOOK LIKE A COMPLETE WAZZUK,TOPPED OFF WITH HIS HEAD STUFFED IN SOMETHING MADE FORM WHAT GROWS ROUND A HORSES ARSE! @ A COST OF NEARLY £2 GRAND Exclamation ITS RIGHT TO HAVE , A PROCESS OF CONTINUATION IN PLACE,I FOR ONE WOULD CONTRIBUTE,I MEAN WHAT CHANCE A LOTTERY GRANT,YEH I KNOW WE ARE MAINLY WHITE MALES,OF ADVANCING YEARS,SERVED COUNTRY AND QUEEN(THE DEFENDER OF THE FAITH),OK THEN I'LL BIN THE APPLICATION Exclamation AND TAKE UP RAISING GUINEA PIGS.

George F wrote:
[But, if the result by the end of this month is to prove negative, what is plan B?

I read a very interesting post from Jock. See http://www.fight4thepjm.org/forum/viewtopic.php?p=7186#7186

This is a clear statement that we have already a set of Contingency Plans.

Hopefully they will not be needed, but I many of the options you set out will be included.

One thing is quite certain. If the result is negative, then those Contingency Plans will be implemented.

We're not being bloody-minded. The recommendation as it stands is flawed. It was "based on incomplete information and inappropriate rules newly re-written and applied retrospectively".

We have many opinions that back us in that clear statement - every opinion states that right is on our side.

BUT, other than the discredited Ministerial Statement which even they say is "less than explanatory" ...

We do not have one opinion that suggests one tenable reason, one sustainable argument, in support of the existing recommendation. Not one.

So the fight will go on because, one day, we shall win.

Barry

I will certainly donate to any fighting fund if required.

Rgds Ray

Post Fighting fund 
Count me in too.

Kuching.

Me too...........for as long as it takes.

Moi Aussi. That's scouse for Dual Nationality so count me in in whatever currency you like.

Reply to topic Page 1 of 2
Goto page 1, 2  Next