Image of the PJM Medal
Banner Text = Fight For the Right to Wear the Pingat Jasa Malaysia Medal
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Page 1 of 1
The Remembrance Day Bugler Competition
Post The Remembrance Day Bugler Competition 
We thought we'd start with some uplifting news.

On New Year's Eve Jock, the Fight4thePJM Chairman, published our competition winners' choices of prize:

'Jock' Fenton wrote:
MB:

For Mike, winning our Bugler Competition resulted in another, and more important success. When discussing where he would like to have a wreath placed Mike mentioned that he had two relatives who had died in Europe – Herbert Chantler in WWI and Hugh Gilmour in WW2. Mike’s family knew that a relative was killed in the push to the Arnhem bridgehead and thought his body had never been found. Well, we are pleased to report that we have traced his relative and, with the corroborative info we supplied, Mike has confirmed our info is correct. We have also traced the grave of Hughie Gilmour and the date he was killed, and so Mike and his family no longer need to feel the terrible void that families suffer when not knowing the fate of a loved one.

A wreath will be placed on the newly identified grave of Private 4202384 Private Hugh Gilmour (Lincolnshire Regiment ) who died on the 14th October 1944, aged 27 - plot I. C. 1, Overloon War Cemetery near Nijmegen in Holland. We’ll take some photographs for Mike and his family.

We shall also arrange for a wreath to be placed on the grave of the Unknown Warrior in Westminster Abbey where the warrior rests 'among Kings'. We shall have to seek permission but have contingency plans (at the Cenotaph) if we have problems.

We shall do more work on Mike’s great uncle who was killed in WWI, and we shall report back.

IvorJ:

Ivor sent this message “I am very humbled to be given the opportunity to have a wreath placed, not only in remembrance of a relative, but also in memory of the many fine servicemen who have paid the ultimate sacrifice in service of their country. If possible I would like a wreath placed at the grave of Ivor Stanley Rich R.A.C. interred at the Banneville - La - Campagne War Cemetery in Normandy. I believe the plot number is V1.E.18. Ivor Rich was killed one month before I was born. IvorR”

We shall do exactly that and will send Ivor some photographs.

3968125 Sergeant Ivor Stanley Rich was 24 years old when he was killed on the 18th August 1944. He was in “C” Squadron, 53rd Regiment, Reconnaissance Corps, HAC. Banneville-La-Campagne War Cemetery in Normandy is near Caen.

We shall also arrange for wreaths to be placed at the Memorials to the Missing at the Menin Gate in Ypres, Belgium, and at the Thiepval Memorial on the Somme, France.

GerryL:

Gerry has requested that his wreath be laid in a cemetery in Malaysia. He has left the choice to us and we could not think of any place better than “God’s Little Acre” at Batu Gajah.

We shall also arrange for a wreath to be placed at the Memorial to the Missing in Terendak Garrison.

Again, we’ll arrange for some photographs to be taken of the occasions.

The full story is at http://www.fight4thepjm.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=944 where you can post your comments.

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Page 1 of 1