Image of the PJM Medal
Banner Text = Fight For the Right to Wear the Pingat Jasa Malaysia Medal
Reply to topic Page 2 of 3
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
An MP Writes to the Queen!
Post Letter to Queen 
I have just received this from Sandra Gidley:

"Thank you for your recent e mail. I had done some work on this issue before but the recent programme brought it home to me that there is a huge groundswell of feeling about this injustice. I have written to the Queen. In itself I am not convinced it will resolve the matter but I do not intend to let this matter drop.

If you would like to receive a copy of the Queen’s reply, and any other information I receive on this subject, please let me know and include your address and postcode.

Thank you for writing to me.

Yours sincerely

Sandra Gidley MP

Approved by Sandra Gidley and sent on her behalf "

Regards

Sally Lamb

PA to Sandra Gidley MP

Tel: 01794 511900

Fax: 01794 512538

Tony D.

Brilliant Tony....and is is very encouraging to note that Sandra Gidley MP has declared that she 'is going to stay the course'!

Post Re: Letter to Queen 
Kentsboro wrote:
I have just received this from Sandra Gidley:

"Thank you for your recent e mail. I had done some work on this issue before but the recent programme brought it home to me that there is a huge groundswell of feeling about this injustice. I have written to the Queen. In itself I am not convinced it will resolve the matter but I do not intend to let this matter drop.

If you would like to receive a copy of the Queen’s reply, and any other information I receive on this subject, please let me know and include your address and postcode.

Thank you for writing to me.

Yours sincerely

Sandra Gidley MP

Approved by Sandra Gidley and sent on her behalf "

Regards

Sally Lamb

PA to Sandra Gidley MP

Tel: 01794 511900

Fax: 01794 512538

Tony D.

Tony

That sounds positive in some respects, but less positive in others, I note the speediness of the reply from Buck House though and perhaps this might have got through to the right person for once, thanks for your perseverance Tony

I do like this from Sandra though but I do not intend to let this matter drop

John

'I note the speediness of the reply from Buck House though John'

Has Sandra Gidley had a reply, I did not get that impression?

'I note the speediness of the reply from Buck House though John'

Has Sandra Gidley had a reply, I did not get that impression?

No, I don't think she has. I suspect that her letter has been passed to the FCO by Buckingham Palace.

The FCO will know something is about to break and may be waiting for news from the HD Committee before replying.

Alternatively, if the HD Committee/FCO/Cabinet Office wish to continue to prevaricate, Sarah Gidley may get a holding reply to the effect that the current position is as in the Ministerial Statement but the HD Committee is reviewing submissions etc etc.

But Sandra's letter is a brilliant example of positive lobbying and will put more telling pressure on those who are struggling with what should be a very simple matter.

Post letter to the Queen 
This is the reply to my letter to the Queen requesting permission to wear the Pingat Jasa Malaysia medal

Post Re: letter to the Queen 
valentine wrote:
This is the reply to my letter to the Queen requesting permission to wear the Pingat Jasa Malaysia medal

That letter is interesting as it mentions the DSS and is being passed to the MoD, now the MoD are having 'no truck' with the PJM but the DSS comes directly under Sir Robin Janvrin here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Defence_Services_Secretary so why are they going around the houses again?

John Cooper wrote:
That letter is interesting as it mentions the DSS and is being passed to the MoD, now the MoD are having 'no truck' with the PJM but the DSS comes directly under Sir Robin Janvrin here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Defence_Services_Secretary so why are they going around the houses again?

Ian Keith is, allegedly, "Head of Defence Services Secretary".

Revellt sent me a copy of a similar letter he received in reply to a brillaint letter he had sent to HM (I shall ask him for permission to publish a copy). My response was:

" ... It is very interesting and suggests a quite different approach to the normal 'pass the parcel' acknowledgment. It's almost 'tetchy' ... "how many more letters like this do I have to receive before one of you plonkers does something"-type letter!"

Ian Keith will not be a happy man today!

Barry

[quote="BarryF

Ian Keith is, allegedly, "Head of Defence Services Secretary".

Barry[/quote]

I thought Wilkinson sword Man was Barry

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peter_Wilkinson

John Cooper wrote:
I thought Wilkinson sword Man was Barry

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peter_Wilkinson

He is, John, but the suit who is Head of the section is Ian Keith (Phoney's boss) ... he drafts Wilkinson's responses to letters. Keith will draft a reply to the 'command'. He won't be happy to have to reply to his boss's Royal 'command'.

Coney did, and does, as well. It was Richard who spent months worrying about how to draft a letter for Wilkinson's signature to send to the Malaysian High Commission with the first batch of PJM applications. His problem was how not to tell them that the MoD was not going to verify applications.

Post letter to the Queen 
I have received this letter from the Ministry of Defence in this mornings post with regards to my letter to the Queen

It is hard to believe how paper is being shuffled from one department to another, I really can't say I have seen so much ineptitude by so many to so few in my life, Jeez!

IN METEOROLOGICAL TERMS FOR GALE WARNINGS,YOU HAVE 1)' IMMINENT' WITHIN 6 HOURS,2)'SOON' WITHIN 6 to 12 hOURS,AND' LATER' MORE THAN 12 HOURS.SO IT SEEMS THAT IN 'DUE COURSE 'MEANS TO DATE MORE THAN 3 MONTHS.IF YOU 'GOOGLE' R. JANVRIN K-BLAH,CDF,ETC,ETC. HE'S DUE TO RETIRE IN SEPTEMBER THIS YEAR,COULD THIS HAVE A BEARING ON THE ISSUE Question

Post Replies from The Queen etc. 
With regard to paper shuffling and 'buck-passing', have I got this right ::

1. Javrin and the like say that the HD Committee have our situation under review.
2. McCartney also says that the HD Committee have our situation under review.
3. Replies from Buck House are being sent to MoD
4. MoD are forwarding those replies to FCO
5. FCO are forwarding same to HD Committee

Will somebody please help an ageing veteran and tell him exactly what the hell is going on ?

Tony

All citizens want good governance. They want to know that government programs are well managed. They want greater openness and transparency. And, they want to be able to hold Parliament, their Government, and public sector officials to account for results - good, and bad.

Ultimately, the quality of public sector management will reflect the effectiveness of Parliament and the quality of the public service. Reporting to Parliament and the public must become more timely, clear and useful, based on a "whole of government" perspective. Government departments can and should regularly and proactively disclose more information on transactions and activities on an ongoing basis.

I think therefore, Tony, that it all must be part of an honest attempt at improving 'transparency in governance', don't you?

Last edited by 'Jock' Fenton on Sat Feb 24, 2007 12:14 pm; edited 2 times in total

Reply to topic Page 2 of 3
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next