Image of the PJM Medal
Banner Text = Fight For the Right to Wear the Pingat Jasa Malaysia Medal
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
Scottish Petition
Post Scottish Petition 
You will have read about Andy's brilliant and successful presentation of the Fight4thePJM Petition to the Scottish Parliament.

The Petitions Committee of Scottish MSPs immediately decided to write to London and ask for an explanation of their (HMG's) 'ludicrous' (the MSP's word not mine ... albeit I endorse it entirely!) recommendation.

We have been told that the suits in London are now having to deal with this 'request' in the context that the Scottish Parliament is not going to put up with any rubbish and obfuscation from those civil servants who refuse to reply to us.

The Fight4thePJM Team

PS Do you recall the suits telling us with much glee that (1) their decisions were secret and we had no right to know what they say and why they say it and (2) they were in absolute charge and their decision was final and (3) that we had not right of appeal? Well, once more they were wrong because (1) the Scottish Parliament has said they would publish the reply they have demanded from the suits and (2) 'encouraged' no doubt by the success of our Scottish Petition and our Rebuttals, the HD Committee has been forced to review our case and their decision , and (3) the Scottish Parliament has said that we would be given the opportunity to respond to whatever the suits tell them.

Last edited by BarryF on Wed Dec 27, 2006 5:00 pm; edited 1 time in total

With maximum thanks to Andy, our stout 'right arm' in Scotland.....soon we'll be 'getting to the guts' of this matter and I cannot help but imagine that the digestive tracts of certain civil servants must be churning right about now, as they look for ways to avoid ultimate disclosure of their perfidy.

...Our day is coming boys!

With maximum thanks to Andy, our stout 'right arm' in Scotland.....soon we'll be 'getting to the guts' of this matter and I cannot help but imagine that the digestive tracts of certain civil servants must be churning right about now, as they look for ways to avoid ultimate disclosure of their perfidy.

...Our day is coming boys!

Indeedy, Jock.

And the main man at the FCO, the Honours Secretary (Christopher J. Edge) found his way out of facing up to his role in this miserable affair. He has left his post ... and, for good measure, the Foreign office as well. I wonder why...

....soon we'll be 'getting to the guts' of this matter and I cannot help but imagine that the digestive tracts of certain civil servants must be churning right about now,

That churning is producing a very bad smell.

It can be smelt down-under.

Those guts must be rotten.

Having just received mine today in Perth. Roseanna Cunningham MSP and Pete Wishart MP for Perth have congratulated all 300 who received them in a Press Release. Roseanna has put down a motion in the Scottish Parliament and Pete is raising the matter at Westminster. Cheers Dougie

Congratulations Dougie, welcome to the forum and thanks for your enlightening post Smile

Permit me to add my congrat's and a welcome to this forum too Dougie...

Having just received mine today in Perth. Roseanna Cunningham MSP and Pete Wishart MP for Perth have congratulated all 300 who received them in a Press Release. Roseanna has put down a motion in the Scottish Parliament and Pete is raising the matter at Westminster. Cheers Dougie

Congratulations on your receiving the PJM and wear it with pride. You fought for it and earned it. Good to see Rosanna and Pete Wishart MP supporting our right to wear this honourable medal. If you have any press releases about the medal presentations in Perth then please share them wiith us. Awrabest, Andy.

Congratulations on your receiving the PJM and wear it with pride. You fought for it and earned it. Good to see Rosanna and Pete Wishart MP supporting our right to wear this honourable medal. If you have any press releases about the medal presentations in Perth then please share them wiith us. Awrabest, Andy.

Reply to topic Page 1 of 1