Image of the PJM Medal
Banner Text = Fight For the Right to Wear the Pingat Jasa Malaysia Medal
Reply to topic Page 1 of 3
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
HD Committee will report ... only one problem ...
Post HD Committee will report ... only one problem ... 
... is that they keep extending their Best-By Date! I smell something going 'off'!

First it was end-November. Then I got an email from Edgey on the 30th November telling me they would not achieve the November target. Then it was end-December. Then it was before the end of the year. Now it is 'soon’.

The buttock-clenching, thin-lipped, narrow-eyed, contortions these people are going through just to poke British veterans in the eye, beggar belief.

But then we must remember that in May they said they would not look at the PJM case again! No appeal. I was told “No matter what you say or do, you will change nothing.” For months they continued to promulgate their myths. But we didn't sit back (as they did):

** We sent the Fight4thePJM Petition to the Queen.

** Then we submitted a Rebuttal.

** Then The Queen sent both the Petition and Rebuttal to the Foreign Secretary essentially asking her to think again (I interpret what She actually said which was to ask Maggie Beckett to “consider” … same thing, methinks!).

** Then F4 supporters from around the world sent hundreds (possibly thousands) of letters with their own submissions.

** Then we sent the suits and the HD Committee (and 43 other key people) another Billy Doo, the First Update to the Rebuttal.

** Then we presented a Petition to the Scottish Parliament.

** Then we lobbied for Don Touhig to table an EDM. He did. So did Michael Mates.

** Then we lobbied the Conservatives for a change to their policy towards the PJM.

** Then the Conservatives had the courage to give us that change - and a Review of both the Rules and the PJM!

And so (and I cannot think why!) the suits eventually ‘Twigged’ that they could no longer hide behind The Queen Robes (Roles?) and they saw that they becoming very vulnerable indeed and bringing the system into disrepute, and so they decided to hide behind the HD Committee (to whom they fed the myths in the first place) … and so they asked the HD Committee to bail them out and do what does not come naturally to them - review their Recommendation!

And one day soon we shall be advised of their results of the HD Committee's review. One day? Yes … in the year of the 50th Anniversary of Malaysian Independence!

Barry

Post Re: HD Committee will report ... only one problem ... 
BarryF wrote:
But we didn't sit back (as they did):

I for one had not appreciated all that this Fight4thepjm team has done in just a few months. It is a fantastic achievement and I send them my thanks. They certainly did not sit back and it seems the suits were the ones to make that mistake thereby underestimating the professional way their insulting recommendation was going to be questionned. This summary has cheered me up and I'm ready to stand with you. Count me in for any fight. Dave.

What an opening post, what can we say? Except THANKS! Very Happy

Right on!....Welcome DZ Dave....we can always use another supporter....and as my colleague JohnC has said in response to your opening post....'Thanks'!

....By the way...while the preceeding summary details the highlights of our campaign to date...it does not forecast any of our ideas for the future....and we have MANY, MANY ideas!!!

Right on!....Welcome DZ Dave....we can always use another supporter....and as my colleague JohnC has said in response to your opening post....'Thanks'!

....By the way...while the preceeding summary details the highlights of our campaign to date...it does not forecast any of our ideas for the future....and we have MANY, MANY ideas!!!

Right on Jock. You've got it right in one. Yes, we have many, many ideas, because we have many, many, intelligent and professional people on our side, and every day we are finding out just how many of our laws the Civil Serpents are breaking. I for one am glad that I am on our side and not theirs. Never go for a serpent by the tail as it will turn and bite you, cut its bleeding head off! - being an ex-ulu basher you would, of course, know this.

...it's an old and hoary maxim, but nonetheless true...the best defence is a determined offence
...or....as we native Scots would say....Ye want tae fecht?...c'mon here...

Roger that McDangle!
...it's an old and hoary maxim, but nonetheless true...the best defence is a determined offence
...or....as we native Scots would say....Ye want tae fecht?...c'mon here...

Strewth..........and we have BRAVEHEART on the box at the moment! I would rather take on Mel Gibson than you'se lot! Shocked

Brother John....I would never wish to leave the mistaken impression that when the Scots fought they always won....such (regrettably) was not the case....However...let me state that regardless of the ultimate disposition of the fight....our enemy ALWAYS knew that they had been in one...an bore the marks to prove it.

our enemy ALWAYS knew that they had been in one...an bore the marks to prove it.

It's not always the enemy because I had to do some milling with some Jocks during selection for the TA (4 Coy,10 Para) before I joined the Regular Paras. Never forget it and I've got the scars to show for it. They were from the Scottish TA battalion of our airborne Brigade. Thanks for the welcome and let me know what I can do and when. I'm up for a bit more milling but this time with those suits. Dave

15 Para may as well have been regulars Dave as they were nearly all full timers. Good lads.

J

I'm more than a little disappointed that someone from the Media (TV or Newspapers) has not taken up the fight in our corner, it's the sort of thing they would normally latch on to - Wonder why?

I'm more than a little disappointed that someone from the Media (TV or Newspapers) has not taken up the fight in our corner, it's the sort of thing they would normally latch on to - Wonder why?

Maybe it is time for a mass e-mail to the BBC and ITV to make them aware of the fight4thepjm web site. Any views on this ???

Kuching.
I have a friend who works for the Mail Group as a reporter and he has taken every opportunity to try to get this story into print for us but without any success. He now thinks that unless there is something drastically new, it is a dead duck. Barry has been involved on this discussion and can verify exactly what I have said. Now when we win and you will note that I said when not if, the Mail and Mail on Sunday will be right there with us have no fear. This does not satisfy the need for publicity now though but I think that the plans for 2007 do include some headline grabbing if necessary.

John

I have a friend who works for the Mail Group as a reporter and he has taken every opportunity to try to get this story into print for us but without any success. He now thinks that unless there is something drastically new, it is a dead duck. Barry has been involved on this discussion and can verify exactly what I have said. Now when we win and you will note that I said when not if, the Mail and Mail on Sunday will be right there with us have no fear. This does not satisfy the need for publicity now though but I think that the plans for 2007 do include some headline grabbing if necessary.

The DM and MoS are, as John says, a dead duck for us. John has tried hard and continuously for months to get some publicity. I have been involved to a very small extent. If this decision goes against us, the newspapers will have many opportunities to report in the way they do best ... they leave the fighting to others and then make out they are the heroes! I think they should all have to serve 22 years with the 'collars' (suits) ... they may see things differently then.

Post Daily Telegraph 
I contacted their Defence Correspondent a few weeks back and he said that it was too much of a minority issue to be of interest to their readers.
GerryL

Reply to topic Page 1 of 3
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next