Image of the PJM Medal
Banner Text = Fight For the Right to Wear the Pingat Jasa Malaysia Medal
Reply to topic Page 2 of 3
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Ready, Willing and Able - Our New Budget
Post Re: Bugs, serpents and leeches. 
MB wrote:
In Malaya we had more or less what you had in Borneo. In the ulu pit viper serpents that only bit you in the arse for a good reason, and leeches and bugs that were only making an honest living. Back in basha or barracks we had bed bugs that smelt strongly of almonds when squashed. I wonder what the bugs who live in the woodwork of Whitehall smell of when squashed? I'm sure it will not be long before we find out.

MB.

Ahhhh ... now I know what aromatherapy is all about. I remember the bugs in Borneo and Malaya ... and those special bed bugs in Nee Soon (with memories of burning beds every day). Snakes ... gulah api ... sea snakes ... bootlace snakes ... cobras ... I saw them all and now warm to them more than I do the civil serpents in Whitehall. Oh yes ... we must never forget the scorpions. The sting in the tail ... reminiscent of the Ministerial Statement.

Thanks, Mike, for your continuing support.

Barry

I think you could start an argument in a coffin. great stuff.
Owen, you have me sussed, never with any hard feeling though !

Last edited by StanW on Mon Apr 14, 2008 12:33 am; edited 1 time in total
Post Chopped by Admin? 
OK, lads, just use the "last topic" facility and you'll find that all this was started quite innocently by our latest recruit Al KOYLI Skelson last Saturday.....first 3 of his number 237. My first 3 are 233 so pulling a little seniority I'll ask Admin to hold the chop and say what I should have done at the start of my earlier post.........Welcome, Alec, to the F4 barrack-room. Nothing changed here, so just chuck us a fag from yer free issue tin, and can you lend us a dollar til next Pay Day?

MB

Owen, Quote: "Sitting hear this morning reading some of yesterdays threads, I have read......"

Fred, Before we quite rightly get chopped by Admin, I have to say how much I enjoy your posts. I think you could start an argument in a coffin. great stuff.

Owen

Last edited by StanW on Mon Apr 14, 2008 12:31 am; edited 1 time in total
Owen, Quote: "Sitting hear this morning reading some of yesterdays threads, I have read......"

Post Re: Queen or no Queen. 
StanW wrote:
Imperialism was the cause of the problem years ago and Imperialism is the cause of the problem today!

My view is that Imperialism has no part to play in a modern democracy.

Keep the Queen, gid rid of the Imperialists who serve nobody but themselvs for it is they who have brought the monarchy into disrepute.

Stan

Now thats more like it, right on, brother.

Owen

Last edited by StanW on Mon Apr 14, 2008 12:30 am; edited 2 times in total
Owen, without reading the posts I can not recall who made the comments to which you refer, however, I think I am right in saying that those who did make them did not intend what you infer. I believe their comments were aimed at those in a position who are answerable to no-one as are the HD Committee and therefore it DOES have a bearing on the PJM.

I was refering to my post, not their posts.

Owen

Post Predictions? 
Fred,

With your ability to comment, without reading (or re-reading) their posts, then assume that you can state what these correspondents intended to convey and then explain what you thought they meant leaves me full of wonder re your abilities -ANY CHANCE OF NEXT WEEK'S LOTTERY NUMBERS?

Owen, without reading the posts I can not recall who made the comments to which you refer, however, I think I am right in saying that those who did make them did not intend what you infer. I believe their comments were aimed at those in a position who are answerable to no-one as are the HD Committee and therefore it DOES have a bearing on the PJM.

Sitting hear this morning reading some of yesterdays threads, I have read, in some posts, among other things, the lack of recognition for the PJM used as a reason to split up the UK etc. etc, and get rid of the Queen to become a Republic, unless of course they were your views before this campaign started, don't you think that we are getting a bit carried away. Looking around the world and seeing the mess that mosts Republics are in, don't you think that far from getting rid of the, and I quote 'faceless, self serving, parasitic power brokers', we would in fact increase them ten fold.
I am not an ardent flag waving subserviant monarchist, by the way, but still believe in Queen and country and that we are, in this country, better off than about 90 % of the rest of the world.
I also realise that this adds absolutely nothing to our PJM campaign.

Owen

I am now well into my 70s and have always been a monarchist, and my feelings have always been similar to those of Gerald and Mike, but the need to fight this battle to get full recognition for the Pingat Jasa Malaysia to elevate it above trinket status has caused me to rethink where my loyalties should lie.

Yes, HM The Queen is the Commander-in-Chief of the Armed Forces but she is there in name only,…..she is just a figurehead without any real power,……..she is somebody who the real policy makers can blame for unpopular or bad decisions.

And yes again, she would have signed the authority to allow PJM veterans the right to wear their Malaysian medal while attending the celebration in Malaysia, ..... but even if she had disagreed with the original non wearing rule issued when the medal was eventually accepted, I don’t believe she would have had any part in the face saving decision to permit its wear at the Merdeka celebration.

The Queen was only a signatory to a decision made by self serving, parasitic, faceless power brokers who don’t know the meaning of the terms chivalry, gallantry, sacrifice, or loyalty which is what the Supreme Head of the Federation of Malaysia awarded the medal for, and if I were now called upon to choose between a monarchy or a republic, as a disaffected veteran I feel sure that I would be compelled to choose the latter.

I don't think it matters if you where there in the 40's 50's or 60's we will always be reguarded as the for gotten army and the same still applies today nobody but nobody gives a damn, if I had it to do again well I must think about real hard !

Reply to topic Page 2 of 3
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next