Image of the PJM Medal
Banner Text = Fight For the Right to Wear the Pingat Jasa Malaysia Medal
Reply to topic Page 3 of 3
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Ready, Willing and Able - Our New Budget
Post Ties an' things. 
My feelings are much the same. As a kid during the War I was made very aware of the fact that The Queen's parents chose to stay in Britain and, come what may, share the fate of its/their people. Largely based on the fact that the Royal children stayed too I had always respected The Queen and was quite happy to swear my oath to her. Like you, however, I too was stunned by that, "truce" for want of a better word, that she signed in August to allow the wearing of the PJM for the Merdeka celebrations in KL. It proved that she knew that thousands of us were hung on the horns of a dilemma but did nothing about it. McDangle and I are lucky in that we live in Scotland and might even live long enough to see the total break from Westminster and all it now stands for.

As for a tie.......I think the background should be either black in respect of our fallen comrades, or silver to show that silver surfers can still move mountains.

MB

I can only echo what as been said before. For my entire life I have been a staunch Royalist and a suppoter of the democratic system that I believed drove the nation. I was never so naive as to believe that it did not have its faults but I always felt that those in power, whether they be Royalty or Executive, generally followed the rules of honesty and decency. How wrong I have been for so long. It is the rule of the jungle - those with the wealth and the power will stop at nothing to ride roughshod over the rights and aspirations of those whose honest toil and sacrifice keep those privileged few in their positions of wealth and power.
GerryL

McD, I fear that I cannot argue with your logic and I find myself actually agreeing with all you say, do you think that the act of leaping out of aeroplanes in our youth has made us totally unafraid to speak our minds or is it just the Scot in us.

Over to you Barry!

John
Also disaffected

John, Andy.

Like both of you I had a healthy respect for gravity, and was very conscious of its effects on precisely 349 occasions. I still have that respect and am planning to test it again next year (I always wanted 365 descents in my log and Jane is going to fund me for my birthday present).

I had a healthy respect for those who fearlessly defended those who cannot defend themselves. You are examples (say I without any hint of sycophancy). I still have that respect.

I had a healthy respect for this country and its institutions. I no longer have that respect. Not just as a result of the British veterans' PJM issue, but also the Broken Covenant in respect of our serving men and women, and the way a British Government can lie and cheat and as a result cause so many innocents to die and suffer.

When I saw Prince Edward and others sporting so many 'gongs' (a Malay word, by the way) at the annual RBL Service of Remembrance in the Albert Hall, I became aware yet again of the great divide between 'them' n 'us'. In the presence of so many servicemen and women, and former service personnel, and war widows, and the injured, it was totally insensitive of Royalty to display their chocolate box trinkets handed to them by right of birth ... as opposed to the medals worn by those who earned them when placing their lives on the line ... including those like John Ireland wearing the PJM with honour. Would I volunteer again (if young enough)? No. Unless this country was in danger. I have lost respect where it once mattered most to me.

Barry

McD, I fear that I cannot argue with your logic and I find myself actually agreeing with all you say, do you think that the act of leaping out of aeroplanes in our youth has made us totally unafraid to speak our minds or is it just the Scot in us.

Over to you Barry!

John
Also disaffected

What about Royal blue with the medal ribbon colours diagonally across it down the length of the tie

John,

I personally would steer clear of the word Royal being used in connection with the PJM, unless of course in mentioning the Agong of Malaysia. Our Sovereign has abandoned us in our time of need when one word from Her, as in the case of the Temporary Wear of the PJM recently in Malaysia, would result in the HD Committee being put back into place and not allowed to treat British citizens who have served their Queen and country in such a shameful manner.
When it comes to British Royalty leave me out as I am now a 'disaffected veteran' and will vote against the present Antiquated Imperialistic System operated by some in our country.
As I said just a personal opinion.

What about Royal blue with the medal ribbon colours diagonally across it down the length of the tie

Do you know Barry, I really would like to wear a tie of something like ' the PJM Association', what do you think? Silk of course!

John

In the colours of the PJM medal ribbon I hope.

Phredd

ps = 10 mins later >>> I may have to withdraw the suggestion as the colours are very similar to those of the RAMC (cherry red, royal blue, old gold.).
But I can live with that Laughing

Do you know Barry, I really would like to wear a tie of something like ' the PJM Association', what do you think? Silk of course!

John

With this in mind, I then will not forgo my right to wear this Honour, received from a grateful Nation.

Welcome to the Forum Alec.

Wear your PJM with honour - you have every right to do so.

All the best,

Barry

Like the rest of yourselves, I too am a veteran of Malaya and Borneo, 1962 -1965, the right to wear the PJM, after being awarded by the Royal House of Malaysia, if not agreed upon by Parliament, would be Tantamount to the Greatest Insult and Snobbery, upon a Royal Household. I recently wore mine to the Parade at the Service on the 11 Nov: (11 day - 11 Hour) to pay my respects to my fallen comrades, as I'm sure most if not all you did.

I'm still a British subject, with permanent residency in Australia and as Australia is still a Commonwealth Country,
(Part of the British Empire), and Houses the Governor General, Lady Quentin Bryce, this only proves my grounds for the right to wear the PJM.

Along with My PJM, I also received a citation, last paragraph reading as follows:-

"In appreciation of the meritorious acts and supreme sacrifices made by the security forces and civilian staff from Britain, Australia, New Zealand, Fiji and Nepal to Malayasia for one decade, the Supreme Head of the Federation of Malayasia wishes to award medals to all those who distinguished themselves in chivalry, gallantry, and loyalty while performing their services. The medal takes the form of an award titled "Pingat Jasa Malaysia" (Services to Malaysia Award).

With this in mind, I then will not forgo my right to wear this Honour, received from a grateful Nation.

Alec Skelson 23707349 Pte: 1Bn: KOYLI - 6yrs: with the Colours

Alec

Welcome to the forum Very Happy

Well said!

I never thought that we would not carry on until we have what is rightfully ours. Certainly the sentiments expressed in the previous posts, should demonstrate to the powers that be that:- WE WILL NEVER BE BEATEN BY A BUNCH OF UNELECTED,CRETINOUS AND MINDLESS IMITATIONS OF HUMAN BEINGS. WE WILL STILL BE HERE WHEN THE CIVIL SERVANTS HAVE TOTALLY RUINED OUR COUNTRY AND DEMOCRACY HAS FLED OUR SHORES!!!!!!!

the sun is still shining in Spain!

Roger Costa Calida

Like the rest of yourselves, I too am a veteran of Malaya and Borneo, 1962 -1965, the right to wear the PJM, after being awarded by the Royal House of Malaysia, if not agreed upon by Parliament, would be Tantamount to the Greatest Insult and Snobbery, upon a Royal Household. I recently wore mine to the Parade at the Service on the 11 Nov: (11 day - 11 Hour) to pay my respects to my fallen comrades, as I'm sure most if not all you did.

I'm still a British subject, with permanent residency in Australia and as Australia is still a Commonwealth Country,
(Part of the British Empire), and Houses the Governor General, Lady Quentin Bryce, this only proves my grounds for the right to wear the PJM.

Along with My PJM, I also received a citation, last paragraph reading as follows:-

"In appreciation of the meritorious acts and supreme sacrifices made by the security forces and civilian staff from Britain, Australia, New Zealand, Fiji and Nepal to Malayasia for one decade, the Supreme Head of the Federation of Malayasia wishes to award medals to all those who distinguished themselves in chivalry, gallantry, and loyalty while performing their services. The medal takes the form of an award titled "Pingat Jasa Malaysia" (Services to Malaysia Award).

Alec Skelson 23707349 Pte: 1Bn: KOYLI - 6yrs: with the Colours

Reply to topic Page 3 of 3
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3