Image of the PJM Medal
Banner Text = Fight For the Right to Wear the Pingat Jasa Malaysia Medal
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
Petition to HM Queen
Post Petition to HM Queen 
I have just finished reading the "Time Line", and the Petition was mentioned again. As I only joined on 11th Oct 2006, and the Petition went in on 6th June, can anyone tell me if it was an ePetition or a written one, and how many signatures did we manage? Thanks Tony

Post Re: Petition to HM Queen 
Kentsboro wrote:
I have just finished reading the "Time Line", and the Petition was mentioned again. As I only joined on 11th Oct 2006, and the Petition went in on 6th June, can anyone tell me if it was an ePetition or a written one, and how many signatures did we manage? Thanks Tony

It was a written one, Tony.

It was signed by a small number of people as being representative of the total number who wished to support the Petition. It was not felt appropriate at the time to form a public Petition with thousands of signatures that was going to go to The Queen - that seemed to us as harrassing the Monarch. The idea was to keep it discreet. It would stand or fall on its merits rather than on the weight of support.

Subsequently, it was mentioned in Parliament by an MP who was rightly 'in the know'. We had intended keeping it 'private' and dignified (i.e. no media hype etc) but from July the cat was out of the bag and so we can now talk about it.

We are in two minds as to whether we should publish it now that The Queen has forwarded it to the Foreign Secretary 'for consideration'.

Barry

Post Petition to HM Queen 
Many thanks Barry.

Under the Freedom Of Information Act 2000 some of us are awaiting to hear from HMG the decision of Her Majesty of the No Right to Wear The PJM, has anyone seen anywhere where a 'suit' claims the Queen signed the document. I have seen many statements from HMG that HMQ approved the non wear issue which could be construed as not signing the document.

It is possible that HMG is playing with words here, we cannot have sight of this document, we know where the document is, but has it actually got HMQs signature on the document. Anyone can say HMQ approved so and so by a nod and a wink, but I want to see this in writing or an independent witness to acknowledge this document does exist with HMQs signature on it.

If this is not to made available to anyone then I will state that the document does not exist and that someone in HMG took it upon themselves to sanction this, no names, no packdrill aye! Wink Rolling Eyes

Post Re: Petition to HM Queen 
BarryF wrote:
We are in two minds as to whether we should publish it now that The Queen has forwarded it to the Foreign Secretary 'for consideration'.

We have considered the situation and have decided to publish the petition following several requests to do so.

Unlike the civil servants in the MoD, Foreign Office and Cabinet Office, we operate an 'open' policy and, in any case, we have nothing to hide.

We'll announce it as soon as the page has been published.

Reply to topic Page 1 of 1