Image of the PJM Medal
Banner Text = Fight For the Right to Wear the Pingat Jasa Malaysia Medal
Reply to topic Page 1 of 3
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
The Fight4thePJM case - on the BBC
Post The Fight4thePJM case - on the BBC 
On the 16th January the BBC broadcast a 90 minute show on which our case featured as the news story of the day.

During the programme the BBC set up a poll of it's listeners:

100% supported our case.

The Beeb received calls and emails from around the world including Canada, Australia and Vietnam.

The programme affected the local MP so much that on that same day she wrote to the Queen!.

The BBC was inundated with calls and so they decided to broadcast a second programme the next day. The poll remained open and 100% of listeners supported our case.

Here are two clips:

1. The Radio Solent Montage (NB 2.6MB so perhaps only if you have broadband):

http://www.fight4thepjm.org/documents/Media_Coverage/15Solent_Montage_20070117.mp3

2. Sandra Gidley MP (NB 0.5MB):

http://www.fight4thepjm.org/documents/Media_Coverage/17Sandra_Gidley_20070117.mp3

Last edited by BarryF on Thu Jan 18, 2007 5:24 pm; edited 1 time in total

Thanks Barry. Very moving to hear such support.

Kuching.
Well with that music and those quotes, I'm brushing the tears from my cheeks, I am now going to send this clip to the 'suits'

GREAT TO HAVE SANDRA GIGLEY AS AN M.P. ONBOARD,TO ASSIST THE 35000+ VETS RIGHT TO WEAR THE P.J.M. UNRESTRICTED,DOES ANYONE KNOW IF THE RT HON VAZ M.P. FOR LEICESTER HAS SIGNED OUR E.D.M. MAYBE ONE OF HIS CONSTITUENTS,COULD ASK,AS MR VAZ ,MUST BE A REAL FIREBRAND,I MEAN STRAIGHT AWAY ,IN HOUSE OF COMMONS,HE CAUGHT THE SPEAKERS EYE,REF THE FURORE OVER ALLEGATIONS OF RACISM ON THAT SAD B'STARD PROGRAM BIG BRUVVER,APPARENTLY THEY HAD AROUND 20,000 COMPLAINTs,ON THIS BASIS MR VAZ ,SHOULD BE 'KIN HOPPIN MAD,THAT 35000 VET HAVE BEEN DISCRIMINATED AGAINST,SPECIALLY AS WE FOUGHT IN A FOREIGN COUNTRY,MAINLY MUSLIM I MIGHT ADD AGAINST COMMUNIST INFILTRATION Exclamation THIS SAME MR VAZ,A LAWYER TURNED ,BARRISTER,TURNED M.P. HAS HISTORICALLY,BEEN REBUKED BY C'MITEE OF STANDARDS AND PRIVILEDGES,FOR RECOMMENDING AN HONOUR Laughing FOR AN ACQAINTANCE,WITH WHOM HE HAD A FINANCIAL CONNECTION( NOTHING NEW IN THIS THEN)OTHER ALLEGATIONS OF CORRUPTION WHERE NOT PROVED,BUT HE WAS CRITISED BY THE C'MITEE,FOR ATTEMPTING TO DELAY THE INVESTIGATION,AND SURPRISINBLY, FOR A BARRISTER,REFUSING TO ANSWER QUESTION'S Exclamation .MR VAZ IT WOULD SEEM IS ,GIVEN HIS CONCERNS FOR EQUALITY,IS IDEALLY PLACED TO HIGHTEN OUR PROFILE,ANY P.J.M.ER IN LEICESTER,FANCY RAISING A QUESTION, I REALLY DONT KNOW, GIVEN HIS PREVIOUS,WHAT THE GOING RATE IS Exclamation

DOES ANYONE KNOW IF THE RT HON VAZ M.P. FOR LEICESTER HAS SIGNED OUR E.D.M. MAYBE ONE OF HIS CONSTITUENTS,COULD ASK,AS MR VAZ ,MUST BE A REAL FIREBRAND,

He has signed up to both, Pete. See the EDM page at http://www.fight4thepjm.org/lobby_mp.htm

Barry

And we know another barrister that will not answer a question....don't we.

Yours Aye

Arthur

I've sent this to Daily Express News Desk. Gerry L said ok re telephone numbers.

Dear Sir,

You have, in the past, kindly supported us in our effort to get permission to wear the above medal. You may wish to know that the BBC, Solent Radio broadcast,
on the 16 and 17th January 2007, during Julian Cleggs morning programme, interviews with a number of our members and with the MP from Romsey, Sandra Gigley,
who incidentally, on air, promised to write to HM the Queen in support of our case, and, in fact, has alreadydone so..

A montage of these broadcasts has been made. The BBC, Radio Solent have claimed 100% for our cause in a poll they conducted on the 16th & 17th Jan 07.

Our Press Officer, Gerry Law, can be contacted :

mob:077922 004 696
office: 01293 742100 (from 0730 -1600)
home: 01293 885121

This is a big jump in our campaign, and your interest would be of immense help.

Yours faithfully,

David Dilley

Well done David thanks for your and others continued support, it is all very much appreciated

JohnC

Listening to those quotes had the same effect on me John.

Rgds Ray

Thanks Barry, just posted this info on the 208 Message Board, very moving and tastefully done, the suits should surely get the message now!!!

I'm afraid that the only light that the 'suits', will ever see, at the end of the tunnel, will be the headlights of an oncoming train.

Some people will never see that they got it wholly wrong. Nuff said.

Yours Aye

Arthur

Having been away for a couple of days, just caught up on these broadcasts. Great news.

I have, rather belatedly, just emailed Sandra Gidley thanking her for her support of our cause.

Post Fight4thepjm - on the BBC 
Embarassed Amendment to my email to ExpressMy email Fight4thepjm.org of 18/01/07 timed 13:29. MP's name should read Sandra Gidley. would you please amend. (typists of the world untie!).

Post Re: Fight4thepjm - on the BBC 
GLOman wrote:
(typists of the world untie!).

Actually its "typists of the word, untie."

Just wondering - are you a member of the DNA?

Post the Fight4thepjm - on the BBC 
Embarassed John F:

Either way its unite as a spelling error. Anyway I will show my ignorance -DNA? answer is?
David

Reply to topic Page 1 of 3
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next