Image of the PJM Medal
Banner Text = Fight For the Right to Wear the Pingat Jasa Malaysia Medal
Reply to topic Page 1 of 3
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
An MP Writes to the Queen!
Post An MP Writes to the Queen! 
PJMer Tony Davies has achieved a memorable step forward for our case. He has been lobbying his MP, Sandra Gidley. Also, she appeared on a local radio show and was stunned at the amount of worldwide support for the case, our case, that her constituent had put forward.

So stunned, in fact, that on the day she appeared on the BBC she wrote this letter to The Queen (this is the text she sent - and as you read it, it's worth remembering that Sandra is a Shadow Health Minister writing to the Sovereign):

And here is Sandra's letter to Tony when sending him her letter to the Queen ... note the PS! The Sandra's and Don's of this world are actively discussing and promoting our case in the Commons:

These letters are of great importance and, in breaking new ground, demonstrate what positive and informed lobbying can do. Our thanks go to Tony for this brilliant work.

Fight4thePJM Team

That is just brilliant, wow! made my day and the rest of the week......... Very Happy

Our thanks go to Tony for this brilliant work.

Well said Barry......couldn't agree more.....let Tony be an example to us all in this.....lobbying is absolutely key to success in this campaign.

[quote="'Jock' Fenton"][quote]Our thanks go to Tony for this brilliant work.[/quote]

Well said Barry......couldn't agree more.....let Tony be an example to us all in this.....lobbying is absolutely key to success in this campaign.[/quote]
AS IS A PRO-ACTIVE M.P.DOING WHAT THE ELECTORATE PAY THEM TO DO ON OUR BEHALF,AS SERVANTS OF THE PUBLIC,THIS GAL ,DESERVES A BIG CHUCK UP,BRAVO ZULU SANDRA Exclamation

Sandra Gidley says in her letter to The Queen - 'the committee did not recommend formal permission for the PJM to be worn'.

M. Tami MP on his website said - 'sadly our own Inter-Departmental Committee on the grant of Honours and Medals did not permit veterans to wear the very same medal at public occasions'.

It is most refreshing and very exciting that elected representatives are now realising what a shameless injustice this non-wearing rule is but they seem to be of the opinion that it is the Unelectected Committee Members who have refused permission so this explains why the Civil Serpents are trying to cover their backs by refusing to answer our questions, why they are sending us to 'Coventry' and why they will not react to to FOI Act requests.

There is no document signed by Her Majesty the Queen which refuses British Citizens to wear the PJM, that I am now sure of.

There is no document signed by Her Majesty the Queen which refuses British Citizens to wear the PJM, that I am now sure of.

If there is anyone in the wings believes Her Majesty signed this document please move three paces forward, what an absolute embarrassment if she didn't, as Andy says there is no document, that I have always believed to be the case

Perhaps Sandra can throw some light on this.

Last edited by ro5=6372 on Thu Feb 15, 2007 11:19 am; edited 2 times in total
Post The Queen. 
How can you be discourteous to The Queen when she did not tell you that you cannot wear the PJM.

The element of discourtesy (possibly treason) is for the establishment, unelected morons who have been making it out that The Queen was involved in this non-wearing decision when she wasn't.

Well folks, you can bloody-well wear your medal and you are not being dishonourable to our Sovereign because all this bovine waste from the MOD and the HD Committee is just growls from paper tigers who are no doubt wondering how they can get themselves out of this big hole intact.

Post Re: The Queen. 
mcdangle wrote:
How can you be discourteous to The Queen when she did not tell you that you cannot wear the PJM.

Exactly, you, I and many others, have been saying that the Queen didn't sign that bit of the HD Committee's disgraceful decision. It was added on by some person or persons unknown. But probably one or more civil serpent, of some kind.

mcdangle wrote:
Well folks, you can bloody-well wear your medal and you are not being dishonourable to our Sovereign because all this bovine waste from the MOD and the HD Committee is just growls from paper tigers who are no doubt wondering how they can get themselves out of this big hole intact.

There is no doubt at all about them being in a very deep hole.

BTW, in Papua New Guinea the words for 'bovine waste' is bulamacow pekpek.

And the HD Committee are in a deep hole, full of it.

And being civil serpents, they are unable to find a way to slither out of the hole that *they* put themselves in, with their deceptions.

Post loving it 
How i'm loving all this, serves them all right.
By the way not sure if i did right but have sent an email thanking Mrs Gidley for her support.
Tug

Post Re: loving it 
tugwilson wrote:
How i'm loving all this, serves them all right.
By the way not sure if i did right but have sent an email thanking Mrs Gidley for her support.
Tug

The more support Tug, the greater our chances of success, thanks for your continued support

JohnC

Post Ref: The Queen 
I have had an email back from MP Mrs. Gidley, she is sending me a copy of the reply from the Queen, i'll get it posted as soon as I get it. can't wait to see what "Mum" has to say.
Tug

This could be very interesting Tug, very interesting, mmmmmmmmm, can't wait!

Post HM the Queen - Royal Prerogative 
Regarding the above; concerning which we have no right of appeal - does anyone know whether it is a 'pragamtic sanction' within the meaning of the term, or is it simply something rather grand-sounding, that the system uses to throw at people when it suits them, or when they have their backs against the wall? Tony.

PRAGMATIC SANCTION,OR ANY OTHER GRANDIOSE STATEMENT,IS JUST THE OLD A.B.C.SYNDROME,IN A NEW SUIT Exclamation A.B.C.= ALL BIN CHANGED. Wink

Reply to topic Page 1 of 3
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next