Image of the PJM Medal
Banner Text = Fight For the Right to Wear the Pingat Jasa Malaysia Medal
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
Petition to the National Assembly for Wales
Post Petition to the National Assembly for Wales 
The Fight4thePJM campaign is proposing a Public Petition to the National Assembly for Wales.

The Petition will request the National Assembly "to support the right of Welsh veterans to wear the Pingat Jasa Malaysia".

If you would like to support this Petition, or can give any help or advice, please send an email to: welsh.petition@fight4thepjm.org.

As you know, our Scottish Petition is (it is still an 'open' Petition while Holyrood awaits a further response from the HD Committee) a great success and we shall now draw the attention of Wales to our case.

Thank you for your help,

The Fight4thePJM Team

Post Petition 
Talking of petitions,anybody think it might be a good idea to put a PJM petition on the 10 Downing Street website ?. If road pricing can get the headlines,what about our campaign ?.

The Downing Street Petition site is a joke,( I think someone said Noddy for PM but then remembered that he already is).
Seriously it is a poor attempt to let the public think they have democracy, they do not. Over a million sign the “No Road Pricing Scheme” but TB says he is still going ahead with it.

Post Petition 
Paul
I think you are right ! apart from highlighting the campaign,nobody at no. 10 would take a blind bit of notice at it, like one of the current petitions to scrap inheritence tax.

I agree that such 'Petitions' are a joke...they are merely a hollow sham aimed at giving people the impression that the government of the day is actually interested in their opinions...they are not!....such petitions are like rocking chairs...they may give you the illusion of movement....but you're definitely not getting anywhere!

We'll tackle the Welsh Parliament in the same way we did the Scottish Parliament....by the proven, old fashioned, method....It works!

I agree that such 'Petitions' are a joke...they are merely a hollow sham aimed at giving people the impression that the government of the day is actually interested in their opinions...they are not!....such petitions are like rocking chairs...they may give you the illusion of movement....but you're definitely not getting anywhere!

We'll tackle the Welsh Parliament in the same way we did the Scottish Parliament....by the proven, old fashioned, method....It works!

I agree with you entirely but perhaps we could tackle the Welsh Parliament in the same way as we tackled the Scottish one. Open a petition and obtain a very few signatories, do not make it an e-petition and if possible, get someone to present it to the Welsh Parliament Petitions Committee - that is, if they have this system. If they do not have a system where someone with the F4 could appear in front of them then get them to ask questions of the unelected dictators, then you are perfectly correct in what you say about going for the throat...sorry, their Parliament as per normal.

Andy....we are both advocating idential approaches here.....probably my fault for explaining myself badly....but as everyone knows, having been born a Scot I only have English as a second language!

Post Welsh assembly petition 
I have just sent off my email in support of our Welsh colleagues to be allowed to wear their medal unrestricted.

Perhaps those august members of the Civil Service will now realise that we are turning up the heat. To which I say...If you can't stand the heat... get out of the kitchen... as too many cooks are definately spoiling the Civil Service broth.

Yours Aye

Arthur

Reply to topic Page 1 of 1