Image of the PJM Medal
Banner Text = Fight For the Right to Wear the Pingat Jasa Malaysia Medal
Reply to topic Page 3 of 4
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
More MoD Disinformation!
My thanks for your reply. However, this is where I am getting confused. We are told that the Government has no say in this matter and that is the FCO, they refer it to the HD Committee, who in turn pass it to Her Majesty, along with their recommendations (which in this case seems to have been to NOT allow the wearing of the PJM) to make a final decision.
If it is SHE who has the power to say "Yes" we have her approval to wear it, then why does she not say so instead of handing it back to the Government who then in turn had it back to the FCO, who in turn, etc, etc, Why the hell does the Queen not give a "Yes" or "No" ?.

Fred

Thankyou, Mr Coney, for the semantics lesson. I do think you should get a new dictionary, one without the word "camouflage" in it, as that obvously is preventing you finding the words "common" and "sense." Look up the word "apathy" (if you can be bothered!), that just about sums up your attitude to Veterans. Lastly, in my dictionary there is a big space between the words "surrealistic" and "surreptitious", where I have tippexed out the word "surrender" as that is something WE WILL NEVER DO!!!! Get a proper job!!!!

Post More MoD Disinformation 
Evil or Very Mad Dave: Camouflage is also relevant in its use in FoI Act. Don't want to answer
awkward questions? Easy invoke FoI. See post under Freedom of Information - my
reply to the Governments response!

David

Post MORE MOD MISINFORMATION 
This came really out of the blue this am.

For ease of reference I've copied all correspondence. I can make no
further comment. ? is Mrs Beckett likely to see this?

Also "I have been instructed to forward your correspondence to Rt Hon
Margaret Beckett MP WITH OR WITHOUT HM'S COMMENT?

David.

Post Congrats ! 
Many congratulations David, you appear to have passed through the "Robin Janvrin barrier". It will be interesting to see just how far this one gets.

Tony

How true this is I don't know but I heard/read/watched/listened to an article involving The Queen where She does on occasion pick up a letter from the public that strikes her eye and is replied to, there is nothing to stop anyone in sending a Services Association letter with a motto/logo/crest on it addressed to Her Majesty.

Post More MoD disinformation 
Perhaps it was the number of enclosures that caught her eye?

Obviously Margaret Beckett's secretary and assistant will see the mail has come from Buckingham Palace and will no doubt 'clock it in' along with all the other 'stuff' of the day. If they are smart, they WILL inform her (Beckett) that it has been seen by Her Majesty and passed along for action.

I seem to recall a program over here in the US that indicated the Queen has an e. mail address and does indeed use a computer...Could we send her a mail?

A follow up to Margaret Beckett indicating that you have been informed by mail that your letters have been sent to her for reading and action may enlist a swifter reply. If not, then after a reasonable amount of time, send a note back to Her Majesty informing her that your letters and her indication of Margaret Beckett as being the right person in all this mess, has failed to give you any reply or satisfaction to the letters you sent.

It would seem to me then, that SHE (Beckett) is the one who has the ultimate power to sort this out. NOT the MoD or any other office.

The Queen would have only sent your mail to the office of the person with the ultimate responsibility to do something about this.

Keith.
________
HOW TO ROLL JOINTS

Last edited by KJF on Thu Mar 10, 2011 10:04 am; edited 1 time in total
Post EMAIL TO MRS BECKETT 
EMAIL RETURNED - Doesn't have an email addy!

Last edited by GLOman on Sun Apr 15, 2007 4:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post Margaret Beckett 
I'll send a letter by snail mail, but I'm not sure that it would be as effective.

David

Post Re: EMAIL TO MRS BECKETT 
GLOman wrote:
EMAIL RETURNED - Doesn't have an email addy!

More than one door to most places.... http://www.royal.gov.uk/output/Page249.asp

General inquiries
If you have a general inquiry about the Monarchy or the Royal Family, you can contact our Public Information Office by post or by telephone. The office is unable to respond to enquiries submitted by e-mail.

Public Information Officer
Buckingham Palace
London SW1A 1AA

Tel (during working hours): (+44) (0)20 7930 4832

Inquiries from members of the Press.
Media enquiries regarding The Queen and members of the Royal Family, with the exception of The Prince of Wales and his family, should be directed to the Press Office at Buckingham Palace.

Press Office
Buckingham Palace
London SW1A 1AA

How to contact The Queen.
There are various ways to contact The Queen:

You can write to Her Majesty at the following address:

Her Majesty The Queen
Buckingham Palace
London SW1A 1AA

You can also email The Queen through this web site. Send an email to Her Majesty http://www.royal.gov.uk/output/Page3776.asp
Please note that, due to the volume of messages received by e-mail, it is impossible to provide individual replies. If you would like to receive a reply, you should write a letter to The Queen at the above address.

Contact the web team
If you wish to enquire about reproduction of content from this web site in other contexts, or to make a comment on the web site, please contact the Royal Household's web team.

Web Team
Buckingham Palace
London SW1A 1AA

E-mail: webeditor@royal.gsx.gov.uk

Keith.
________
Og kush marijuana strain

Post MORE MOD DISINFORMATION 
KJF, Thanks for that. This letter goes off first thing tomorrow.
I've marked it "For the attention of : Rt.Hon Margaret Beckett MP
House of Commons
LondonSW1A 0AA

PS: Keith, Fascinated with your little Combat suited soldiers- teriffic!
Regards, David

Last edited by StanW on Sun Feb 10, 2008 5:16 am; edited 2 times in total
Post Letters to FS 
David - great letters to Margaret B - it will undoubtedly be extremely interesting to see how this ends up.

Tony

Post Re: MORE MOD DISINFORMATION 
GLOman wrote:
KJF, Thanks for that. This letter goes off first thing tomorrow.
I've marked it "For the attention of : Rt.Hon Margaret Beckett MP
House of Commons
LondonSW1A 0AA

PS: Keith, Fascinated with your little Combat suited soldiers- teriffic!
Regards, David

David, I think she will get the point and should NOT pass it along as she normally does. BUT no doubt one of her 'Widgets' will do the research and type a prolonged tounge twisting reply for her to sign. She will still be no more knowledgable about the medal and the rules governing the wearing of...

Keith.
________
New jersey medical marijuana dispensaries

Reply to topic Page 3 of 4
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next