Post Investigation 
Evil or Very Mad I don't know about the special message for the Special
Branch Officers, but it would be useful if Asst. Comm. Yates could
take up a separate investigation or add it on to his already seemingly
full portfolio on "Honours for Cash" looking into the perceived
behind the scenes jiggery pokery where some civil servants have
appeared to have broken every " Must Not" admonition in the Civil
Service Code Book. Sir Gus, do you read our posts at all Question

OF COURSE, I'M STILL WITH YOU ALL, NATURALLY!

David

Last edited by GLOman on Tue Mar 13, 2007 11:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
A friend of mine has posted this in from dawn in QLD, Oz

What a load of pin-striped tossers! They live in their own wee world, don't they? They obviously are not rejecting the PJM wearing on the grounds of common sense and decency, but to protect their own self-serving empire. Another possibility is, that it wouldn't do to see Her Maj changing 'her' (?) decision because of pressure from some doddering old vets. Having been given the permission that you have been denied, the Anzacs must be shaking their heads at yet another example of Pommy pomposity/stupidity.

Post Commonwealth Day 
Hamish has just pointed out that they waited months until Commonwealth Day to make their announcement!

They knew exactly what they were doing.

The PJM is from a Commonwealth country for Commonwealth forces.

They are aware of the current accusations of bullying of Commonwealth soldiers in the British army.

Now we have a pathetic attempt at bullying veterans of Commonwealth Forces.

What are they afraid of (all bullies are afraid of something)?

I note that the HMG statements says They have nothing further to add I wonder if that means that no further correspondence will be entered into on a group or individual case basis?

Post Latest message from the Chairman 
I know how everyone must be feeling at this time but let's not forget all the struggles our fighting team has endured and overcome. I believe in the old bulldog spirit and in the words of the late Martin Luther King, WE SHALL OVERCOME shall echo in the halls of Whitehall where we shall be victorious. Keep it up lads. Smile

Post Re: Latest message from the Chairman 
Arthur Webb wrote:
I know how everyone must be feeling at this time but let's not forget all the struggles our fighting team has endured and overcome. I believe in the old bulldog spirit and in the words of the late Martin Luther King, WE SHALL OVERCOME shall echo in the halls of Whitehall where we shall be victorious. Keep it up lads. Smile

Welcome, Arthur.

Fight on we shall. Nobody is going to tell us that the PJM is not fit for wear and get away with it. That's a snub to Malaysia and a snub to us.

If the Queen approves acceptance of a Foreign medal for a British private citizen, then she has decreed that that person also has her approval to wear it. So why are they trying to stop us?

And they wait until Commonwealth Day to poke us in the eye!

They have brought this system and this country into disrepute.

Barry

I sent this off earlier to JJ Astor, Lord Hever, an ex officer in the Life Guards who is entitled to the PJM himself.
Before I had read the 5 page bucket of Tripe.

Dear Lord Hever.

How sad that the members of the HD Committee have chosen to apply their slanted view of the Pingat Jasa Malaysia medal (PJM) to their review of the formal permission for the British Veteran to wear it.
It only goes to prove that they as a committee care little about the Veterans rights, the King, Government and peoples of Malaysia and their willingness to acknowledge the lives and efforts of thousands of service persons.

However it does prove that they acknowledge a complete severance of formal ties of the New Zealand and Australian governments with the United Kingdom in regards to honours and awards and continue to treat us quite differently.

I wonder how they think their position is truly justifiable and we eagerly await the written record of this disgusting travesty and failure to reverse the denial to wear!

What also amazes me is this poor decision flies in the face of reasonable expectations of the many Lords, Ladies, Ministers and general public who have supported the fight to correct this initial travesty.

The trust of us (the UK) as a nation and retired military is measured by items such as this and it only continues to prove the callous disregard for those in uniform, past and present!

Any help or comments would be more than gratefully appreciated.

Keith Frape. Ex Life Guards.
South Carolina. USA

________
Universal Health Warehouse

Last edited by KJF on Thu Mar 10, 2011 10:04 am; edited 1 time in total
Have just read the latest statement issued by this bunch of ostrichs and cannot believe what I am reading!! Mad Mad

Post Quote from PJM statement is utter nonsense. 
There are no laws relating to the wearing of awards by dual nationals. The convention is that they should be guided by the rules of the country of which they are a national, and in which they are residing.

If there are no laws relating to the wearing of awards for dual nationals were are the laws relating to the wearing of awards for UK civilian veterans who are not employees of HMG?

Some individuals have asked for greater clarity. If a veteran does wish to alter the way their medals are mounted for wear for international visits they might consider mounting their medals in such a way as to enable the PJM to be detached or attached as appropriate. It would normally be appropriate to follow the decision made by the country of main residence.

The civil servant who wrote the above quote does not clarify anything. Indeed s/he seems to believe all UK veterans and recipients of the PJM medal are civil servants like themselves working for HMG or represent HMG when they travel abroad.

I joined this fight for the benifit of others, I have lost battles in my time but never a war.
So all you suits take note we will regroup. This fight continues.

YES TOTALLY AGREE WITH ALL THE SENTIMENTS EXPRESSED OVER THE SUITS LATEST EDIT.
WHO IS GOING TO TELL THE ONLY MAN THAT APPARENTLY HAS PERMISSION TO WEAR TH PJM, ....... I AM TALKING ABOUT THE GOVERNER GENERAL OF AUSTRALIA A BRITISH SUBJECT OR SO I THOUGHT......................A RULE FOR THEM AND A RULE FOR US??????

Immediately I heard the news mid afternoon yesterday (UK) I dashed off a quick note to the FCO, here is a speedy reply

To: johncooper
Subject: RE: PJM Review
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2007 16:03:45 -0000
John,

I believe that Denis Brennan at the Cabinet Office, as Secretary to the HD Committee, has written to veterans to inform them of the outcome of the HD Committee's review. In addition, the statement appears on the Cabinet Office, FCO and MOD (Veterans' Agency) websites.

I am sorry that this was not the outcome you were hoping for.

Best wishes,

Tanya

Yes the MoD has updated their pages but not as Tanya says the FCO or CO

http://www.fco.gov.uk/servlet/Front?pagename=OpenMarket/Xcelerate/ShowPage&c=Page&cid=1007029390554

http://www.cabinetoffice.gov.uk/newsroom/

the precedents for making exceptions to the five-year rule, e.g. that veterans of the Second World War Arctic Convoys were granted permission to accept and wear the Russian 40th Anniversary of Victory in the Great Patriotic War Medal.

This prime example shows the duplicity of an HD committee which will accept and approve the wearing of a medal awarded to veterans from a foreign communist country Russia, which were enemies of UK over most of the past 50 years. Yet at the same time refuse (at first to even acccept) and now after a long campaign still refuse veterans the right to wear a medal from a foreign country Malaysia which has been the allies and friends of the UK for the past 50 years.

Loyalty, honour, patriotism and national pride to both Sovereign and country and friendly countries to the UK has all been stood on its head by the warped mindset of a bunch of condecending armholes who serve on the Honours and Awards committee of United Kingdom.

In hindsight, I suppose we can all now say that people who still think they are running an Empire would never change their minds, it is also a face saving exercise from the HD Committee, they cannot be seen to 'cave in' to the serfs.

One thing the shutters are well and truly shut, they will not respond any further unless our case is taken to Strasbourg and that will cost mega bucks, we can have them for maladministration via The Parliamentary Ombudsman.

I still would like to know what the Queen's involvement in all of this is/was

Did she approve the No Wear clause if she did some C-in-C she is, if she didn't who did make this decision and was she reconsulted over the REVIEW in fact did SHE ever get to see our petition??????

In hindsight, I suppose we can all now say that people who still think they are running an Empire would never change their minds, it is also a face saving exercise from the HD Committee, they cannot be seen to 'cave in' to the serf .

Agreed John, what we need is a cartoonist to do a satire cartoon of what you just wrote. This is the way 19th century newspapers made fun of those in power who thought they were not fallible.

HAVE DONE THIS IN THE PAST ,AND GOT BOLLOCKS FROM THE P.C. COMMENTATORS,MAKING ONE POST THEN DISAPPEARING,SORRY GUYS BUT WE HAVE TRIED NICE,POLITE,LETTERS LOBBYING,M.P.s, THE MEDIA (BBC SOLENT),RESULT IS IT TAKES 5 PAGES TO SAY NO,I DO NOT INTEND TAKING ANY NOTICE OF ANY CIVIL SERVANT ANYWHERE,MAKING A DECISION ,ON WHAT I HAVE HELPED ACHIEVE,COS IF YOU TURN IT ROUND WHAT HAVE OUR CIVIL SERVANTS ACHIEVED HERE,AND WHAT WOULD YOU AWARD THEM,EASY AINT IT.

Reply to topic Page 2 of 5
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next