Image of the PJM Medal
Banner Text = Fight For the Right to Wear the Pingat Jasa Malaysia Medal
Reply to topic Page 3 of 17
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 15, 16, 17  Next
The Queen Gives Approval for Foreign Awards to be Worn
Post Permission at last 
To Barry,Paul et al,the researchers many many thanks for uncovering this little gem.At last we can wear our medal with pride,honour,and integrity
Should any of the 'Management' care to meet me at the Manchester branch NMBVA I will gladly buy you each a pint.

To all the"Fight4thePJM" committee THANK YOU.The ball is well and truely in the "suits" court.Let us see if they can wriggle out of this one.

Rgds Ray

I think that is a big snooker for the chinless wonders >i have lifted a copy of the wording to my files ( i am thinking what to do with it |||| Very Happy Evil or Very Mad

Barry sent me a copy of the London Gazette article first thing this morning and I copied it immediately to Michael Ancram, James Gray and my reporter chum from the M on S. It is a killer, just like the e-mail that Yates of the Yard got about the sale of honours. Perhaps we should all send Teflon a cheque for 1 pence with an explanation of why we thought that we had to pay to wear our PJM's!

John

Bugger it i shall put the full entry on .I am laughing my sox off at these suited gents and the baroness|||its wonderful

Absolutely bloody brilliant !!!....If it wasn't so late I'd go and get brahms !!!....Still there's always tomorrow !!!

Very well done to all who had a hand in gleaning this information, I wish I could see the look on the suits faces when the hear of this !

Fred

I have just sent this to all members of parliament
John

To all elected members of the House of Commons

You will all be aware that the Honours and Awards Committee, an unelected quango of civil servants, has just sat in judgement on the request by veterans to be allowed to wear the PJM as an unrestricted award.

You will all most likely know by now that they have refused to amend their original decision which was to refuse our request basing this decision upon ‘rules’ which have no legal credibility as they have never been promulgated by Parliament. Their refusal has greatly upset many veterans and will cause much further trouble in the months to come. That refusal also has no credibility as permission has already been given by Her Majesty The Queen, I attach above a page from the London Gazette for your information. You will see that permission to wear unrestricted was given in 1968 as a blanket cover and was reported as such in that journal. For the FCO; MOD and Cabinet Office as well as the Honours and Awards Committee not to realise that this has happened ‘in history’ shows that those responsible for the decision are nothing short of incompetent.

They have cocked a snook at The Monarchy and Parliament with their arrogance and treated the veterans and the King and Government of Malaysia with contempt and should be held to account accordingly. This United Kingdom is still a democracy and the decisions made by this committee are totally undemocratic to say the least. I appeal to the mother of all Parliaments to right this terrible wrong and to do so without delay, to not do so would be to condone the behaviour of these officials and undermine the authority of Parliament and the Crown.

John Ireland

Wiltshire

"Dear Mr Bayley,

You may be interested to see a copy of the London Gazette entry of 3rd of May 1968 which clearly demonstrates the unsustainability of the decision the unelected H and D Committee have again made.

This has been unearthed by our researchers in the last 24 hours and I am sure your staff will be able to access original copy to establish the truth of this if necessary.

[b]"GAZETTE, 3RD MAY 1968 5057

FOREIGN OFFICE

COMMONWEALTH OFFICE

ORDERS, DECORATIONS AND MEDALS CONFERRED

BY MEMBERS OF THE COMMONWEALTH

OF WHICH THE QUEEN IS NOT

HEAD OF STATE, AND BY FOREIGN

COUNTRIES.

The QUEEN has been graciously pleased to approve

that Orders, Decorations and Medals conferred with

Her Majesty's permission upon United Kingdom

citizens not being servants of the Crown by the

Heads or Governments of Commonwealth countries

as defined above, or of foreign States, may in all

cases be worn by the recipients without restriction".

This clearly states that Veterans, no longer servants of the Crown, awarded the PJM by the King and Government of Malaysia, with Her Majesties permission, may also wear it. It cannot be clearer.[b]

I trust you will also raise this matter on my behalf with the appropriate Ministers".

Kuching.
I have popped one off to my MP also To john grogan
As you can see from the above attachment.We vetrans have had the right all along to wear the medal(with pride).We only asked you for your support which you declined to do ..Now will you support us in getting the hd committee to recognise that they are wrong and permission has already been given by the queen way back in 1968
your a proud veteran
les

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bravo Zulu and my thanks goes to the Fight 4 the right to wear the PJM medal research team for uncovering this documented evidence in the PRO after long and diligent searching.

Last edited by lo_rre on Thu Mar 15, 2007 11:16 am; edited 5 times in total
thankyou barry and team members can you hear me laughing in melbourne,my better half thinks ive flipped my lid,she is malaysian so will explain to her later :D :D :D ho ho ho hehehehehe.im off to the pub for my first beer in 10 years,ho ho ho

[url=http://upload7.postimage.org/210041/photo_hosting.html][img]http://upload7.postimage.org/210041/hmslondonusstexas26964.jpg[/img][/url][/quote]
HI WILLHASTIE.RIGHT THEN THIS PHOTO TAKEN ON THE HACIENDA OF A COUNTY CLASS GMD,LOCATION HOUSTON TEXAS,WITH THE PRESERVED BATTLESHIP USS TEXAS BB35 IN BACKGROUND.IF CORRECT WOULDLIKE A PITCHER OF SWAN LAGER PSE.

Michael Mates has replied and here is what he say's

John

I have just received the letter, and I share your disappointment.
In view of what you say, and the wording of the letter which says 'no
official permission' to wear it, I think the answer is a Nelsonian 'blind eye' and perhaps two fingers to the honours committee...

best wishes - Michael mates

John....through your good auspices to Michael Mates.

...There are very few demonstrated instances wherein ignoring the actions of a bully has had any effect on the bullying behaviour...except, perhaps, to prolong and increase it.

The administration of a bloody nose is a much more effective strategy.

Brilliant, absolutely brilliant and congratulations to Barry and his team as well as all the supporters of the campaign. It calls for a tot of my precious 'pussers' which I only crack open on very special occassions, like when the sun sets. I call that giving the HD committee a broadside, with half a dozen torpedo's to follow up. With a bit of luck there will be no survivors.

Reply to topic Page 3 of 17
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 15, 16, 17  Next